1.    #1  
    Hello, I am trying to be able to access the internet through my Treo 800W. So far I have had no such luck. I have looked at several other posts that talk about changing a registry key or something like that. I am wanting to know how to do this without having to pay for some kind of data plan through sprint. Any directions on how to do this would be great, Thanks.
    The whole point of using internet sharing is to use your data plan. If you're not going to use your data plan, you just use WiFi.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    He's talking about the regedit that allows an 800w user to tether to a laptop using Internet Sharing without purchasing a Phone As Modem plan add-on (which is, to the best of my knowledge, still not an option for Everything plan users).

Let me google that for you
    If you feel uncomfortable with reg editing, there are several off the shelf programs:
    pdanet and usbmodem enable tethering via usb.
    wmwifirouter: enables your phone as wifi hotspot
    No, he specifically does not want to use his Sprint data plan. That is the opposite of internet connection sharing.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    No, he specifically does not want to use his Sprint data plan. That is the opposite of internet connection sharing.
    You're absolutely right. I misread the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    Hello, I am trying to be able to access the internet through my Treo 800W. So far I have had no such luck. I have looked at several other posts that talk about changing a registry key or something like that. I am wanting to know how to do this without having to pay for some kind of data plan through sprint. Any directions on how to do this would be great, Thanks.

The only way you can access the internet without using a Sprint data plan is by finding a WIFI hotspot and enabling/configuring your wifi connection on your phone for that hotspot. All the posts you are probably reading are about using your phone as an access point for other PC's which I believe is not what you want.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    wait, wasnt there a thread on here before, and some reg edit instructions on how to use data on the laptop. If i recall correctly, there was a cab file and a hack that went with that. I have searched this forum and cant find it. I also remeber someone posting screen shots of the step by step process. can someone post a link to that thread of how to use internet shearing on the laptop?
    Here it is...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...one-modem.html

But please reread the previous posts, the OP doesn't want to do this.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre