Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a couple of thing listed here that i have found the 800w doing:
    -KEYBOARD LIGHTS UP ON IT OWN (WILL NOT GO OFF ON IT OWN)
    -SCREEN COMES ON: (SCREEN FILLS WITH DIFFERENT COLOR LINES,THEN IT BLACKS OUT INTO A CIRCLE AND JUST IDLES THERE UNTIL I POWER IT ON!)
    -WHAT I DISCRIBED ABOVE [WITH THE SCREEN COMING ON) HAS ALSO ACCURED TO ME WHILE I'VE BEEN TEXTING AND NAVIGATING THROUGH PROGRAMS.
    -ALL LAST NIGHT THE PHONE WOULD LIGHT UP(AND NO IT'S NOT THE E-MAIL
    SCHEDULE)
    I received this phone new through ASURION, should i be at all worried with what the phone is doing?
    yes be worry mine was doinig the same thing found the ROM corrupted take it back and don t let them give you a phone out the box because most of them are refurbs
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Keep exchanging it out.

If you go to the store, you get another phone the next day.

Sad, they are all refurb.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by carsonstone View Post
    yes be worry mine was doinig the same thing found the ROM corrupted take it back and don t let them give you a phone out the box because most of them are refurbs
    You think if i went into a Sprint Corp. store they would give me a replacement or they would need to run test's? I did get this phone from ASURION[insurance company] and not from a store or telesales!
    Some COR stores will replace asurion equipment if its an ongoing issue with multiple replacements and/or service issues all together. If your phone was lost/stolen more than likely you'll hafta call insurance again to have it replaced
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Ah, the infamous back up light issue. Man I do not miss that at all. It would be in the middle of the night and mine would just light up the dark room. It was so annoying. Like mentioned take it back to a store. If they can duplicate it then they should replace it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    {Yup} you got an 800W alright. Don't worry these phones need plenty TLC, you'll see.
    Have you hard reset it?

I've seen the same exact thing happen on many different WM phones (including the much vaunted Touch Pro).
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    You don't have Opera Mobile loaded on it by any chance? My phone does this, intermittently - but it seems to occur only after I've started Opera Mobile ... after which, a soft reset will usually make it go away (until the next time I start Opera, at least).

I can't guarantee that there is a link between this problem and Opera Mobile ... just seems to be the pattern on mine.
    I installed sprints titan java runtime environment and opera mini and my phone started doing this very same thing. as soon as I uninstalled them, these issues went away. Take that for what its worth.
    Since the OP mentioned they "just got" the 800w, I doubt they've loaded up much additional software. Might not have loaded any.

Quote Originally Posted by Acapella75 View Post
    I installed sprints titan java runtime environment and opera mini and my phone started doing this very same thing. as soon as I uninstalled them, these issues went away. Take that for what its worth.
    I don't know anybody that loads up Titan, keeps it and enjoys it. Even folks like me who have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro end up removing it not long after installing. (I don't even know if I kept it on my Touch Pro for even a full hour before getting rid of it!) Sprint Titan is a 1.0 and seems more like a beta. Too often 1.0 products perform that way.

A12rnulfo, since you just got your 800w, you're I assume still in the 30 day return window. You would want to return your device ASAP if nothing already suggested has been of any benefit. Whether you want to try a 2nd 800w or a different device is up to you, but I'd return the one you have quickly if I were you. I had 2 800ws, I'm on my 2nd Touch Pro and never experienced all that you're experiencing, with any of them.
    Sorry of topic really quick:
    darnell, how do you like the Touch Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Sorry of topic really quick:
    darnell, how do you like the Touch Pro?
    I'm enjoying it so much, it's hard for me not to keep making comments here about it. But I don't want to appear as if I'm trying to start up anything that might be taken the wrong way, so I don't say very much more about it. (Unless asked.) I've said I would not get 3 of a device, but if this my 2nd Touch Pro had issues, I'd go for a 3rd and probably even a 4th if needed. I mean I'm enjoying it that much.

And I was happy when a TF3D HD port was made, which I'm currently using. But the XDA guys are so on top of things, a Touch Pro 2 TF3D interface port is already in the works. While the Touch Pro 2 has more to offer, I'll have some of its goodies myself on my Touch Pro and probably even BEFORE a Sprint version of the Touch Pro 2 is available.
    I love my Touch Pro as well. I don't try to compare it to anything on TC anymore (its way ahead of Palm). The support like D mentioned is so overwhelming its hard to keep up. I will keep this short and say the device is solid and it does everything well and then some. I will be keeping this one.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    OK, I'll add to this. The Sprint Touch Pro just simply works. It does not have the 800w built in defects. And I am keeping my Touch Pro. Still on the first one since end of November.

Had 3 800's.

Nice! thanks folks, good to know.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Can I use TP2 port for TP to work on the 800w?

Link?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I love my Touch Pro as well. I don't try to compare it to anything on TC anymore (its way ahead of Palm). The support like D mentioned is so overwhelming its hard to keep up. I will keep this short and say the device is solid and it does everything well and then some. I will be keeping this one.
    Your UserName has been changed to VibrantYellowGT

Just Kidding!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Your UserName has been changed to VibrantYellowGT

Just Kidding!
    Go ahead and change it.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Go ahead and change it.
    I don't have that kind of Power.
    You'll have to talk to an Admin.
    Personally I would Prefer Red - 'Green (Yellow) ain't Mean compared to Red'
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast