Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    berdinkerdickle, sir,I am not sure this is the correct place to ask you, but, after I followed post, I adjusted my IE speed, why is the loading of the pages... w/ Treocentral so slow? And, if I may, how do I get the download of Treo Pro KB to properly load into my 800? It only seems to work if I'm online & hit the Green button when I'm offline it goes to the normal KB. Thank you Sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    berdinkerdickle, sir,I am not sure this is the correct place to ask you, but, after I followed post, I adjusted my IE speed, why is the loading of the pages... w/ Treocentral so slow? And, if I may, how do I get the download of Treo Pro KB to properly load into my 800? It only seems to work if I'm online & hit the Green button when I'm offline it goes to the normal KB. Thank you Sir.
    Please forgive me, but I am not sure what you're asking.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Can I use TP2 port for TP to work on the 800w?

Link?
    No. The 800w can't use any TF3D interface.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I'm enjoying it so much, it's hard for me not to keep making comments here about it. But I don't want to appear as if I'm trying to start up anything that might be taken the wrong way, so I don't say very much more about it. (Unless asked.) I've said I would not get 3 of a device, but if this my 2nd Touch Pro had issues, I'd go for a 3rd and probably even a 4th if needed. I mean I'm enjoying it that much.

And I was happy when a TF3D HD port was made, which I'm currently using. But the XDA guys are so on top of things, a Touch Pro 2 TF3D interface port is already in the works. While the Touch Pro 2 has more to offer, I'll have some of its goodies myself on my Touch Pro and probably even BEFORE a Sprint version of the Touch Pro 2 is available.
    darnell,
    I was thinking of the touch pro for a while. I have to ask one thing about making phone calls. In treo 800w , you can start typing the name of the person which will match the names , and you press "TALK".
    How is it done on Pro?
    The reason I am asking is I used the HTC touch , and the onscreen keyboard is cramped on that one. Is it ( not the physical ) any better on Touch Pro ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    darnell,
    I was thinking of the touch pro for a while. I have to ask one thing about making phone calls. In treo 800w , you can start typing the name of the person which will match the names , and you press "TALK".
    How is it done on Pro?
    The reason I am asking is I used the HTC touch , and the onscreen keyboard is cramped on that one. Is it ( not the physical ) any better on Touch Pro ?
    When you slide it open and start typing the name it works the same as the 800.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    darnell,
    How is it done on Pro?
    What the guy in the yellow car named VRGT said .

I never had an HTC Touch, so I have no mental reference point for comparison. And I think what someone finds to be "cramped" likely depends totally on an individual's preference. So I think it's a call only you can make because I don't have your hands or your typing style .

I don't often use my slider, I more often use my on screen soft qwerty. And there are so many makers of on screen soft qwerty keyboards, if the stock model does not work for someone there are plenty of others that can be tried out. I like the stock full soft qwerty, but like SPB Keyboard even more. Some like TouchPal, some prefer Resco Keyboard, some stick with the stock full soft qwerty, many options available. That's the nice thing about soft qwerty keyboards, you can change to any that you may like if you care for soft qwerty keyboards at all. And I was 100% anti-soft qwerty till recently.

The Touch Pro has a bug in the stock soft qwerty when typing a name into contacts, but that bug does not occur when using the slider. That bug also does not occur with 3rd party soft keyboards like SPB keyboard, TouchPal, Resco Keyboard and others. There are some work around for avoiding the bug if using the stock full soft qwerty, see in that link. HTC says they plan to fix the bug.

Typically when making calls I'm using the People tab in my TF3D HD port interface. I flip to the person I want to call, all have pictures so I'm really just flipping to the picture and then I click the call button right under their associated picture.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12