Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why about 50% of the time, when I do a soft reset, the phone says NO SERVICE? no one can call me when this happens. HOWEVER, I can make an outgoing call and THEN the service comes back.

Any ideas??
    this happens to me all the time as well. i just call voicemail real quick and hang up. then service is restored. does drive me crazy.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this one is on the bug list. It's a nuisance for sure, and a first for any WinMo phone I've ever used.
    Here too...
    It's a bug. And some of you might sadly discover in time, that you might have instances where making an outgoing call does not bring back phone service, sometimes trying to turn the phone on manually won't work either. Sometimes only another soft reset resolves the issue. And I had a few instances where I would have to soft reset 2 more times to resolve it!

We discussed this in one of the older threads.

(One of the reasons I no longer own an 800w.)
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    It didnt happen to me. I always pick up signal 2 sec later after soft reset.

But I got a problem.

My phone every now and then lost my Outlook email configuration(PUSH) and I cannot get to it. Then when I configure it again, everything come back very quick and all its there.

It happen on another 800w that I had return and now this refurb one is doing the same thing.

Very annoying because each time this happen I lost the ActiveSync to my Laptop and Desktop so I have do all these 3 crabs everytime!

I post another email on this and nobody had reply except one. So I think I am the only one having this problem.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I'm pretty sure this one is on the bug list. It's a nuisance for sure, and a first for any WinMo phone I've ever used.
    same here. i
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I fixed the issue with the NO SERVICE by hard resetting and re-installing everything by hand but I still have the issue where sometimes the unit does not turn on and I need to remove and reinsert the battery for it to come back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    I fixed the issue with the NO SERVICE by hard resetting and re-installing everything by hand
    It will great if that resolved the "no service" problem for you. But some of us found the issue is intermittent, it occurs at random, even after doing what you've done.

but I still have the issue where sometimes the unit does not turn on and I need to remove and reinsert the battery for it to come back on.
    You can try getting a replacement, but I found sometimes when stressed the 800w just dies and won't come back till the battery is removed and reinserted. (I had 2, some have had more.) With the 800w, there were things I could do that I knew would cause it to die the moment the screen turned off. (Whether I turned the screen off manually or it turned off the screen its self and I had to hack the registry so it would stop turning off the screen before I wanted it to. Since the screen turn off settings never worked reliably.) And like you, the activities were things I really wanted to do and things that even devices with LESS processing power and memory do fine. (Like with the stuff you're using, some people with older devices are using it with no problems, you probably already knew that.) Got myself a Sprint HTC Touch Pro, no problems doing the same and more.

But I suggested you talk with Sprint, because you need to establish with Sprint that you're having issues with the device. With a new Treo coming out soon, some have succeeded in convincing Sprint to upgrade them to it for free . The issues you're seeing have never been reported in the GSM Palm Treo Pro and there's a chance they won't be in the coming Sprint Palm Treo Pro.