Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Did anyone else notice that you can no longer get a Treo 700WX from Verizon? Our company invested heavily in Verizon and the Palm Treo and we have a new employee starting next week and I can no longer get a Treo for him.

There has been no announcement from Verizon on what/when a replacement may be coming and all my account rep will say is ...we have a great deal on Crackberry's right now.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    From what I gather, Big Red won't be carrying any Palm products (at least WM versions) for the foreseeable future. There must have been some sort of falling out between the two companies.

You can try a Samsung Saga as a replacement. That's what I upgraded to and I've been very happy with it (built in WiFi is really nice, now that I have it, and the SIM card/International option is a big plus too)
    Yes, that is my boat.
    I had a Treo 700w for 2 1/2 years. I gave up on waiting for the Treo 800w or the Treo Pro on Verizon. I think Verizon will be peddling crackberries from now on. For 3 months my verizon rep kept telling me a storm was coming and that the messiah of phones would arrive to replace the Treo 700w. Well the phone they were referring to was the crackberry storm which I hear was prematurely released with all sorts of bugs. I bought a Treo Pro unlocked and went to AT&T. I have never been happier with a smartphone experience. Screw Verizon and good riddance to them. Can you hear me now?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiOn1 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that you can no longer get a Treo 700WX from Verizon? Our company invested heavily in Verizon and the Palm Treo and we have a new employee starting next week and I can no longer get a Treo for him.

There has been no announcement from Verizon on what/when a replacement may be coming and all my account rep will say is ...we have a great deal on Crackberry's right now.
    Welcome to the club. T-Mobile quit carrying Palm based phones after the Treo 600. One of the main reasons that I left them.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get a sprint treo pro and use it on verizon, since they both are CDMA?
    Last edited by ericks17; 03/03/2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Looks like the latest possible VZW upgrade path for the 700wx would be to get the new Alltel Treo Pro and then use it on VZW. Since Alltell and VZW are now one.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...march-5-a.html

Alltel has announced that they will sell the Pro starting March 5th, 2009. And, VZW has announced that existing Alltel devices should continue to work on VZW (except 1 percent).

Of course, this brings with it a logistical challenge of how to get the Alltel Pro if you're on VZW - hmm...

At least I'm out of contract. Maybe it's possible?

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 03/04/2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    If VZW announced that the alltel phone will work on VZW, then what would hold us back from using the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericks17 View Post
    Is it possible to get a sprint treo pro and use it on verizon, since they both are CDMA?
    I made enquiries with a local Verizon corporate store about the possibility of bringing some CDMA 755's over to them and he said "no." You're stuck with a Centro or whatever Crackberry they are pushing that month. Yuk.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanm View Post
    If VZW announced that the alltel phone will work on VZW, then what would hold us back from using the phone?
    Probably the only thing would be the acquisition costs. It's going for $519 retail at Alltel, from what I understand. There wouldn't be any VZW subsidy if it was not carried by VZW.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiOn1 View Post

Now that they have merged with Alltel, you should be able in the future to get Palm products.
    Treo 800w