1.    #1  
    Anyone ever heard of a Treo refusing to hard reset?

I received a replacement Treo for one whose ringer switch had broken. I can not get to the screen that asks if I want to erease all data. When I follow the hard reset procedure, I just get a blue screen with white blocks down the side.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I had that happen to my Treo. Sprint had to replace it. Supposedly bad hardware or firmware, according the Palm Support Tech I spoke to prior to returning it.
  3.    #3  
    Oh super. Thanks.
    I had the same problem last week. The 800w would hard reset just fine in the past and one day, the hard reset function stopped working.

I have a replacement 800w now
  5.    #5  
    I went to Sprint store today and they ordered me another. What a pain.
    u should see if you can get a Pro as a replacement :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7.    #7  
    It's like pulling teeth just to get another 800, I don't see a Pro happening.
    just got my replacement for the BSOWD (white dots) and the right soft key is jacked - replacement #2 on it's way.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Well i joined u all in the land of white dots.....went to sprint store/repair center....got a decent guy who was "floored" by my issue.

Came back 15min later with a box with a BRAND NEW 800 and he handed me the stylus and battery too.

Of course my company has a policy not allowing in store repairs but i just played dumb...easy for me to do.

Now i have 2 batts 2 chargers 2 styluses 2 sync cables. Im good now.

Look on the guys face when he saw over 1500 lines of service was interesting.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  10.    #10  
    Nice!

I finally got another refurb. Seems to be OK . . . for now.