Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    True there are many carriers in this competitive world but I saw the chart & ATT is the largest I will get the Pie Chart & post it but forgive me my many mails are keeping me very bust at this moment.
    Your seal seems very one sided concidering we do not here from any of the others who carry your seal. Not to be rude but is this not an overt personal boost for the ego?
    (Forgive me for my mis-spellings, my fingers are still trying to get used to this Treo Pro Keyboard. I will re-write the prvious thread if it is not understandable.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Your seal seems very one sided concidering we do not here from any of the others who carry your seal. Not to be rude but is this not an overt personal boost for the ego?
    lol, not sure what you mean...his seal is for his union (IBEW) and he should be proud of that

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    True there are many carriers in this competitive world but I saw the chart & ATT is the largest I will get the Pie Chart & post it but forgive me my many mails are keeping me very bust at this moment.
    LOL! No, it's my labor union I an Electrician in Chicago. I do mostly new construction work.

Please post the pie chart you found. I'd like to compare it to the wiki one I found on the net.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

OK OK yes to be proud of his seal is good but there are many of us who have many things to be proud of but we do not print them here for there is not enough room to broadcast the (hopefully) many things in our own lives when we are to discuss the phones & situations we do talk about concerning these matters. I for one could Print the U.S.ARMY seal for a beginning but I don't let alone my Palm Treo Pro insignia. WeLre supposed to be friends here, right? Thanks
    OK OK yes to be proud of his seal is good but there are many of us who have many things to be proud of but we do not print them here for there is not enough room to broadcast the (hopefully) many things in our own lives when we are to discuss the phones & situations we do talk about concerning these matters. I for one could Print the U.S.ARMY seal for a beginning but I don't let alone my Palm Treo Pro insignia. WeLre supposed to be friends here, right? Thanks
    I have a hard time even understanding what your saying. The guy has a seal on his profile, who cares? Why are you taking offense to it? Put your US Army seal on your profile if you want to, nobody cares. Why don't you just stick to the topic and not get wound up in things that are completely juvenile and don't even make any sense?
    Keeping to the subject I think HTC will update their own before the Palm.
    And there are people who do care. Think about it.
    Keeping to the subject I think HTC will update their own before the Palm.
    And there are people who do care. Think about it.
    The Treo Pro is a Palm device, Palm will decide if they want to fund an "official" upgrade to WM 6.5. (Palm can pay anybody they want to do it including the ODM.) Meanwhile Juicy47 and CMonex might provide a less than official means to have WM 6.5 and more on the Treo Pro.

One way or another, I suspect you'll have it.
    Yes that is a possibility I can agree with but I think that with so many investers behind the Pre, Sprint Is going to have to show a profit to afford to do all these other non-profits for us first.
    darnell it's good to hear you say we'll get the 6.5 but I don't see how we'll get it before the release of the new phone(s).
    darnell it's good to hear you say we'll get the 6.5 but I don't see how we'll get it before the release of the new phone(s).
    While not the "official" route, if a customized ROM is made by Juicy47 and CMonex can unlock the Treo Pro, you could have WM 6.5 and more even before then. All the WM ROM cooks are not all speaking of getting a Pre, so even after Pre I think they'll be plenty of WM stuff being made for you and the rest of us with WM devices. Either way, smile, you might have some goodies coming .
    Thanks for that, I have 4 Pro's & waiting for 2 Pre's, WM is stable & I'm not sure how 'm going to react to the Pre. True larger memory, but a smaller battery so it all comes down to which one is easierto type on. Goofy sentence but I'll be prepared when that times gets here. Thanks
    True the Pre has more built in memory, but it has zero expansion. I have over 16GB of space at my disposal right now with my 16GB MicroSDHC card plus internal storage.

The Pre's battery size may not necessarily indicate its battery life in Pre use. Could be way better, way worse or about the same even with the smaller battery.

I'm sure everybody will love the Pre the first couple months, then after the honeymoon we'll get a true picture for what everyone thinks of it, as something to go with for a longer period of time.
    Thanks for that, I have 4 Pro's & waiting for 2 Pre's, WM is stable & I'm not sure how 'm going to react to the Pre. True larger memory, but a smaller battery so it all comes down to which one is easierto type on. Goofy sentence but I'll be prepared when that times gets here. Thanks
    Typing should be the same. It's supposed to be the same keyboard as the Pro.
    will we receive the update once 6.5 become available?
    Discussed many times. Here's one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-may-11-a.html

No, it won't be.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think this sums up what we actually know right now...
    1. WM6.5 is not "out" on May 11th; it is just MS showing off some features
    2. WM6.5 has not gone "gold" yet
    3. Has not shipped to manufactures yet
    4. Won't be out till the fall on any devices (officially)
    5. Treo Pro can run it just fine (a Treo 750 runs it already)
    6. No one has any idea if the Treo Pro will get it yet

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I really doubt Palm (more like Palm and Sprint) would issue an official 6.5 upgrade.
    You have to look at the cost:benefit to them on that -- and it is dismal.

The Pro is turning out to be more popular than some predicted but sales life cycles just get shorter and shorter.

So I think the developer community might do it, but I think the chance of Palm doing it (paying someone else to do it) is zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I really doubt Palm (more like Palm and Sprint) would issue an official 6.5 upgrade.
    You have to look at the cost:benefit to them on that -- and it is dismal.

The Pro is turning out to be more popular than some predicted but sales life cycles just get shorter and shorter.

So I think the developer community might do it, but I think the chance of Palm doing it (paying someone else to do it) is zero.
    At the moment, the Treo Pro is the best horse Palm has running WM. With their focus on webOS, at the moment they've got nothing else new to offer WM business users. Keep in mind, Pre and that other new little one that leaked are not for serious business users, but the Treo line is. (That's what I heard Ed say himself during an earnings conference. WM for business users, webOS not yet for serious business users.) So unless Palm is planning to drop another WM Treo soon, they'd want to provide an official WM 6.5 upgrade for the Treo Pro.

I'm sure the developer community will do it, but larger businesses are not going to make use of things created by the "developer community".