Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 178
  1. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #61  
    Have you all seen the Canon SD * camera? A new model comes out like every 4 months.

    I think I can see the pattern with PDA phone too.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  2. #62  
    Just got off the phone w/AT & was told that an update for the STP will be in a couple of months & if wanting the PRE's notification for release has been emailed to AT yesterday that 1st launch is May 17th & if delayed 2nd launch will be June 29th.
    Hoping this is not useles info since this was just told minutes go.
  3. #63  
    I don't want it unless it gives me back that 40MB of extra RAM they managed to lose from the GTP.

    I've already spent or will end up spending more money replacing functions in 6.1 that are lacking (shell, phone, file management, music player).
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Officially, none of the Treo line will be upgradable to 6.5.
    Unofficially I'm sure it will be possible
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  5. #65  
    When I purchased my Treo Pro from Sprint about three weeks back, I specifically asked them about the upgrade to 6.5. They told me that the Treo Pro would be getting an upgrade to 6.5. I told them to go and ask someone that knows that for a fact and was told that the upgrade for Treo Pro was already a know fact within Sprint.

    I guess I'll just cross my fingers and pray.
    -- Jim
  6. #66  
    Thanks Dieter Bohn.

    The 17th not the 11th & yes already said the Pro update is on it's way but it probably won't happen until 6.5 comes w/the Pre. (Sprint has to make money 1st).
  7. #67  
    18 days.

    Even if it came for the Pro, I won't be an early adopter.
    I'll let you guys get all the bugs out.
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Thanks Dieter Bohn.

    The 17th not the 11th & yes already said the Pro update is on it's way but it probably won't happen until 6.5 comes w/the Pre. (Sprint has to make money 1st).
    OK...how is 6.5 coming with the Pre when it's not even a Windows Mobile operating system??? It's WebOS. 6.5 has nothing to do with the launch of the Pre.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    OK...how is 6.5 coming with the Pre when it's not even a Windows Mobile operating system??? It's WebOS. 6.5 has nothing to do with the launch of the Pre.
    I think he's referring to the fact that a release of 6.5 for existing phones might slow sales of the Pre. So, Sprint might delay upgrading WM phones to 6.5 to allow more sales of the Pre.
  10. #70  
    I'm not sure if the treo pro is optimized for 6.5 to run well on it. I just might be wrong though.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
  11. #71  
    I think this sums up what we actually know right now...
    1. WM6.5 is not "out" on May 11th; it is just MS showing off some features
    2. WM6.5 has not gone "gold" yet
    3. Has not shipped to manufactures yet
    4. Won't be out till the fall on any devices (officially)
    5. Treo Pro can run it just fine (a Treo 750 runs it already)
    6. No one has any idea if the Treo Pro will get it yet

    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/30/2009 at 11:01 AM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #72  
    Windows has nothing to do with this subject.
    As ststed earlier, Sprint HAS an awful lot riding on the PRE. Sprint MUST make money, there are MANY invested in the PRE to help, back up Sprint. The Pre is a neccesity, where do you think all this money is coming from to allow Sprint to even add on to previous phones when something like that is not a possitive cash flow?
    Sprint at 11% compared to ATT's minimum 50% of the market.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Windows has nothing to do with this subject.
    As ststed earlier, Sprint HAS an awful lot riding on the PRE. Sprint MUST make money, there are MANY invested in the PRE to help, back up Sprint. The Pre is a neccesity, where do you think all this money is coming from to allow Sprint to even add on to previous phones when something like that is not a possitive cash flow?
    Sprint at 11% compared to ATT's minimum 50% of the market.
    I disagree.

    For one, WM6.5 won't be out till the fall...won't exactly steal the Pre's thunder.

    Number two, different markets. Treo Pro and Sprint's WM phones are primarily business orientated. Fact is, companies buy in bulk these devices for their corporate environments and having Wm6.5 is one way to keep those customers happy.

    Palm Pre is a prosumer phone that can overlap into business but is not nearly tried and tested like WM is, so there will be a lag in adoption by at least 6 months.

    The Treo Pro's primary competitor on Sprint is BlackBerry (especially the Bold), no argument.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #74  
    Thank You Malestsa, very well stated. What reply you made is very well needed to help those understand. Again Thank You.
  15. #75  
    heh, np.

    This is complicated market stuff and there are lots of ways to view things.

    Sprint I bet will actually have the first WM6.5 devices in the U.S. (Touch Pro 2 in the fall).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #76  
    Excuse me Malatesta for spelling your name wrong.
    I apologise. Properly Thank You Malatesta for your statement it is much needed.
    Thank You.
  17. #77  
    Spoken correctly, With HTC largeness in building the phones it would be most probable that HTC would have the 6.5 before the Palm.
  18. #78  
    But isn't the Pre being built for the young Professional?
    Not for the 'flip-phone' group?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Windows has nothing to do with this subject.
    As ststed earlier, Sprint HAS an awful lot riding on the PRE. Sprint MUST make money, there are MANY invested in the PRE to help, back up Sprint. The Pre is a neccesity, where do you think all this money is coming from to allow Sprint to even add on to previous phones when something like that is not a possitive cash flow?
    Sprint at 11% compared to ATT's minimum 50% of the market.
    I just posted a breakdown of carriers by the number of subscribers. AT&T is not as big as one would think. Here's the link:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/wo...r-ranking.html



    .
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    But isn't the Pre being built for the young Professional?
    Not for the 'flip-phone' group?

    The Pre is supposed to be built to please everybody. Unlike the iPhone, it aims at being a 'good for business' type phone, but yet the cool looking GUI interfaces and apps (hopefully) that attract younger adults/teenagers. For me, it sounds perfect. I love the iPhone, but I can't use it because of the lack of real work you can do on it and the fact that you can't multitask.

Posting Permissions