Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Show me where to get an unlocked/unbranded GSM version of the Touch Pro with US 3G support. As far as I know you can't...and I've looked.

That's the main problem with HTC devices (besides the lack of video drivers). Without carrier support, most devices never make it to the US with right GSM/3G bands.
    Bummer.

Obviously they're missing the right bands for a reason...like to keep AT&T happy.

I guess the Unlocked GSM Palm Treo Pro had the right bands though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    I disagree a bit...at least regarding the AT&T version of the Touch Pro. Even with all the AT&T bloatware uninstalled it was a bit sluggish.
    That's due entirely to the lack of optimization and the extra's on it.

TouchFlo alone is infamous for bogging down the device.

Software's fault, not hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Bummer.

Obviously they're missing the right bands for a reason...like to keep AT&T happy.

I guess the Unlocked GSM Palm Treo Pro had the right bands though.
    Yes it did. That's why I bought it (it arrives today!).

I found the Treo Pro through the phone finder at Phone Scoop - it was one of only a handful of phones that had everything I was looking for (I had already tried the AT&T Touch Pro and returned it). I had honestly forgotten that the Treo Pro was released last fall. Then I found Dieter's lengthy (awesome) review, which led me here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

TouchFlo wasn't too bad after following a nice setup guide over at xda. Ultimately it was usable but the speakerphone, GPS and poor video performance turned me off, especially with the prospect of being stuck with it on a 2-year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

Yup. With a few tweaks here and there, many have been able to have the Touch Pro and even Touch Flo 3D work well. I don't have a Fuse, so I can't speak directly about it, but XDA is full of tweaks for it. I know I've found there are so many "tweaks" for the Touch Pro, that some overlap and some are bad suggestions. For example, I've seen posts where multiple suggestions were made (in the same comment) and one suggestion says change a value using Advanced Config, then a later suggestion says change a Registry value and IT'S THE SAME VALUE THAT WAS SUGGESTED TO CHANGE in Advanced Config, but a totally different suggested value. (I mean literally saying change file system cache in Advanced Config to value X, then saying go into the registry and change HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize to value Y.) There are so many "suggestions", you've got to sort though them very carefully.

I know on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, initially I didn't think Touch Flo 3D was slow at all. Then later I kept noticing it would pause at times. Then I made a few suggested registry changes and all was great and running well.

Not good that the devices don't run as smoothly out of the box. The Touch Pro has the resources for HTC to have set them by default with the values many of us are using. But the shows they make a point to claim improved Touch Flo 3D performance out of the box.

Dwboston, enjoy the Treo Pro. I can't say my Sprint Touch Pro experience has been like yours with the AT&T Fuse, but I know overall the feedback on the GSM Treo Pro has been pretty good. So I think you'll probably enjoy it.
    Here's a list of reasons not to feel so bad if you're not going to have a device that will have WM 6.5. One of the reasons given is a bit rhetorical for we who know we won't be using it in the near future .
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    The answer is almost assuredly NO. I don't think the Treo Pro has the horsepower to run 6.5. The ONLY devices I know of off the top of my head that will be upgradable are the Diamond2 and the Touch Pro2
    Dieter -
    Don't the Touch Pro 2 and Palm Pro have processors at the same clock speed? Is the 7501A less efficient than the 7200a?

Though I wouldn't hold out any hope that the Palm Pro will ever have 6.5, I'm intrigued by the horsepower differences.

Did you get a feeling that HTC might release the Diamond/Pro2(s) before 6.5 releases?

p.s. be careful with pick pockets in Spain.... great coverage btw
    Quote Originally Posted by eJonny View Post

Did you get a feeling that HTC might release the Diamond/Pro2(s) before 6.5 releases?
    I think it's already been announced that the Diamond/Pro2(s) will be released with WM 6.1 and provided free upgrades to WM 6.5 later.

p.s. be careful with pick pockets in Spain.... great coverage btw
    If what was stolen was purchased with a credit card, check your credit card agreement paperwork. You might be able to have your credit card company refund you for your loss. And you may not have to pay any deductible. (Some thieves got my camera when I was out of the country once and I was able to get a refund and didn't have have to provide a police report. But in my case it happened at a public restaurant and so the workers there all knew and could verify my case. I don't know if anybody contacted them though.) And of course if you have Sprint's TEP that's an option too.
    I hear rave reviews on the Windows Mobile 6.5. I really want to Pro, but the 6.1 OS is holding me back at the moment. Can you upgrade the OS? Will the Pro be offered with 6.5 in the near future?
    Thanks
    No.
    Is 6.5 RAM heavy? That interface looks slicker but I suspect there's a cost.
    If so, it may not be a good idea anyway. I think I remember MSFT saying hardware needs to be updated to use 6.5.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Was this asked before, or was that regarding the 800?
    I seem to remember this being asked before.
    Just wanted to point the OP to that thread if it might help answer the question.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Was this asked before, or was that regarding the 800?
    I seem to remember this being asked before.
    Just wanted to point the OP to that thread if it might help answer the question.
    That's why I simply said "No", because I was the one who asked here before

<<removed link - merged all similar threads - Thanks for the Link darnell>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/14/2009 at 05:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Great. I think the shelf life of the Pro will be about 8 months then.

Way to go.

No need to buy any protective cover, etc etc
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Great. I think the shelf life of the Pro will be about 8 months then.

Way to go.

No need to buy any protective cover, etc etc
    It depends.
    What if 6.5 is a bug filed joke.
    Myself, I'm totally content with 6.1.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I tried a few of the 6.5 ROMS on my Touch Pro and it still has a long way to go before been usable. Plus Titanium & Honeycomb didn't impress me much. I'd rather see a tweaked & stripped down version of the released ROM,
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellefonte View Post
    I hear rave reviews on the Windows Mobile 6.5. I really want to Pro, but the 6.1 OS is holding me back at the moment. Can you upgrade the OS? Will the Pro be offered with 6.5 in the near future?
    Thanks
    There's a version of Manila 2D, Pointui 2.0, Mobile Shell with all kinds of skins, Winterface, etc., plus Mobile Shell 3.0 in the wings. Lots of choices to "make it your own" without 6.5.

Chong suggested an 8 month shelf life for the Pro because it wouldn't likely get 6.5. He may be right, maybe not. But my Treo Pro doesn't sit on a shelf. It gets used too much. :-)
    Microsoft Clarifies Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrades and Features
    Devices currently on the market, such as Palm's Treo Pro (but not the older, lesser clocked 800w) that feature at least a 400 MHz CPU and 128MB or more of RAM can technically accommodate the 6.5 upgrade. It will, however, be up to the individual hardware manufacturers such as Palm and HTC to go through the effort and cost to offer the upgrade to their customers.

Traditionally, Palm has a fairly solid record in regards to Windows Mobile updates for its devices.
    www[dot]palminfocenter[dot]com/news/9717/microsoft-clarifies-windows-mobile-65-upgrades-and-features/
    Quote Originally Posted by ganiba View Post
    Microsoft Clarifies Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrades and Features

www[dot]palminfocenter[dot]com/news/9717/microsoft-clarifies-windows-mobile-65-upgrades-and-features/
    Yes, there is new hope for the Treo Pro possibly getting WM 6.5. The article also mentions:
    Traditionally, Palm has a fairly solid record in regards to Windows Mobile updates for its devices. For example, only Verizon's version of the Treo 700wx received a WM 6 update, while both AT&T and unlocked GSM versions of the Treo 750 could be freely upgraded to WM 6 for a limited period of time. Palm's most recent device, the CDMA Treo Pro on Alltel and Sprint, ships with the newer Internet Explorer Mobile 6 but with Windows Mobile 6.1.
    I guess if the Pre pours lots of money into Palm's coffers, they might splurge on a Treo Pro WM 6.5 upgrade. (Conversely, if Pre does not save Palm, they won't be offering anybody anything...)
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast