1.    #1  
    Newbee here again....

Is there any way to hide programs from the "programs" application in Win Mobile on the Treo 800w?

There are a few things I don't use.

Also, I notice that there are now 2 Windows Live Search icons. One opens a 2008 version of Live Search. Another opens a 2007 version... There was an upgrade that I downloaded.. I Figured it would only have 1 version not 2.
    Wanted to hide 1.
  2.    #2  
    I found that if I go into file explorer I can rename stuff. I renamed the second Windows Live Search to.. zOldLiveSearch.

Wasn't sure if deleting it would be a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    Newbee here again....

Is there any way to hide programs from the "programs" application in Win Mobile on the Treo 800w?

There are a few things I don't use.

Also, I notice that there are now 2 Windows Live Search icons. One opens a 2008 version of Live Search. Another opens a 2007 version... There was an upgrade that I downloaded.. I Figured it would only have 1 version not 2.
    Wanted to hide 1.
    using your file explorer, goto windows/start menu/programs

then cut and paste anything you dont use to your memory card. u might need them in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    using your file explorer, goto windows/start menu/programs

then cut and paste anything you dont use to your memory card. u might need them in the future.
    Good idea. I was going to say just delete them because they are only shortcuts.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm.. This File Explorer thing is freaky. I'm not a Windows Mobile guy obviously... Just got this thing...

Tried cut and paste to my SD card. Got an error message and it created a folder called "ZoldLiveSearch". If I click that link from my SD card, it took me to the root directory of my device.

So I deleted the funky directory on my SD card. Then I just deleted the shortcut in Windows/start menu/programs

Then just to see... I went back into my SD card in File Explorer and tried Menu->New Folder. I get "Problem creating folder "New Folder". Sheesh... Is the built-in file explorer that bad?
  6.    #6  
    Ok.. Now I reboot and I can create a folder. WinMo definitely likes reboots...eh?