Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I hope someone can help.. I am using the 800W with VISTA HOME PREMIUM and WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER. I have been able to sync fine. TODAY I am getting "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" when I plug the phone into the cable and try to sync. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the WMDC and also deleted partnerships.... what else can I do?

Thanks..
    I've encountered this problem a couple of times. What fixed it for me was to disconnect the cable, reboot the PC and soft reset the 800w. Then reconnect the cable.

WMDC certainly is more problematical than the old Active-Sync.

Hope this helps.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ive tried that and NO luck... ANything else?
    Have you also installed the patch that came out some time ago to fix usb relationships?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yes that is installed...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    This issue just happened today... yesterday all was good.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    OK. SO now I am a little farther.. .. then went into vista device manager and UNINSTALLED the device thats said UNRECOGNIZED DEVICE. then unplugged the USB cable and replubbged.. now I dont get the error but it installed the 800W as UNKNOWN DEVICE and still doesnt show up on the WMDC
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I dont need to reinstall anything off of the CD that came with the 800W for vista do I?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I have somewhat given up hope on why my 800w would not connect sometimes.

Do you have Bluetooth? Then Activesync using that and it always connect.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    You don't have to reinstall anything off the cd...but did you ever install the patch from Palm?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I installed the PALM Patch and it didnt fix anything.. HOWEVER.. tonight I used SPRITE BACKUP and backed up everything to my MEMORY CARD. Then did a HARD RESET and ERASED EVERYTHING... THEN did a restore and NOW it connected to my vista machine and let me sync... HMMM.. wonder what happened...
    Glad to hear you got it resolved. Yeah, who knows what goes on in the world of electrons and transistors? It's amazing to me that these things even work 99.9 percent of the time. When these unexplained events occur, I find a one-time solution like you did, shrug, and move on. If they recur, then I get worried.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    I get this problem, but I fear it may not be software related. The device just won't stay connected if i move the phone while it's plugged in. it's like the cable has to be in the perfect position. happens with sync cable, and also, but less often, with my wall charger cable.

i've read a post or two about a bad usb connection. anything I can do?

is this common? how long is the palm warranty? I think i may need to hassle them.
    I dont believe its a common problem but you do have a 1 year warranty on the phone. I would call sprint and get it fixed.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    One thing that I think helps is going to Settings, Connections, USB to PC, then make sure "Enable advanced network functionality" is NOT checked.
    that didn't fix my problem, BUT, palm is going to hook me up with a replacement. didn't know i had a one year warranty! thought I was hosed (you know, even more than I was for buying a treo 800)
    If soft reset doesnt work, I use Memaid to clean the registry.Then soft reset.
    That hasnt failed me yet.
    Im using XP btw.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    TODAY I have this issue again!! I did a hard reset on my phone due to other errors.. started loading everything back on.. all has been good. Tonight I go to sync (after using it all day and even syncing) and now the 800W is NOT recognized in vista.. HELP!!!