Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This will be updated as the days go on, and more so, once the Official Authorized Sprint Treo Pro is Released

Dieter, along with many members, have said they would prefer to leave the Somewhat Different Treo Pro's in just this one forum.
    It was discussed here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

So far we have:
    1. Palms Unlocked/Unsubsidized -GSM Treo Pro (GTP)
    2. Unauthorized Release Sprint Treo Pro - (Recalled STP)
    3. Official Authorized Release Sprint Treo Pro (STP)
    4. Alltel Treo Pro
    5. Bell Treo Pro

First to Note - There is 2 Sprint Treo Pro's.

How did we end up with 2 Sprint Treo Pro's?

This is where the confusion got it's ugly start;
    Palm/Sprint Recalled the CDMA version that was to be Released,
    but Best Buy for some reason didn't listen/hear/understand that they were supposed to send the stock they had back.
    But instead, they started selling these Recalled/Defective/Needed to be fixed Sprint Treo Pro's.

We still haven't gotten a straight answer to what was fixed with the Authorized Official STP Release.

The eventual purpose of this Thread is to help STP Owners to double check and make sure they didn't end up with a recalled STP.

You can confirm by looking at the specs and verifying they coincide with the Official Release.
    (Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> About -> Phone)

* ATTENTION * If after comparing specs, you find that you somehow ended up with a recalled STP, thru ebay or otherwise, you may want to contact the party you purchased the device from, for either an exchange or refund.

As I mentioned, I will be updating this Post/Thread in the days coming.

I will be updating things like;
    Hardware/Software differences between the Pro's
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/28/2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added addition Treo Pro Devices
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #2  
    Treo Pro #1
    GTP = GSM Treo Pro

Gsm Treo Pro Review by Dieter Bohn

The GTP Could be Considered a Generous Upgrade from the GSM Treo 750.

Date Released: Sept. 25th, 2008

Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    CE OS 5.2.19216 (Build 19216.1.0.5)
    Processor: 400MHz Qualcomm MSM7201

Software Version: T850UNA-1.01-NAE
    Hardware Version: AN
    Firmware Version: 1.65.28.25

Storage: Total 105.55 MB, 69.79 MB in use, 35.76 MB free
    Program: Total 101.18 MB, 35.79 MB in use, 65.39 free

Official Verified Bugs:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-bug-list.html
    There's only 4 and they are so minor.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/18/2009 at 03:09 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Treo Pro #2
    Recalled STP = Unauthorized Release Sprint Treo Pro

*** ReCalled ***

Date Released:
    ReCalled

Reported Reason(s) For Recall:

Reported Issues by TC Members:

Specs before Recall:
    Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    CE OS 5.2.20765 (Build 20765.1.4.4)
    Processor: Qualcomm MSM7501A-528MHz

Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-SPT
    Firmware Version: 1.11.30F
    PRL: 60650

Updater Leaked:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...grade-exe.html
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/28/2009 at 06:40 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Treo Pro #3
    STP = Sprint Treo Pro

*** Official Release ***

Date Released:
    Possibly March 15th

Reported Fixes:
    Still haven't got a Straight Official Answer.

Note:
    I highly recommend all STP owners to Verify
    Specs After Official Release:
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    CE OS 5.2.20765 (Build 20765.1.4.4)
    Processor: MSM7501A-528MHZ

Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT
    Firmware Version: 1.11.30F
    PRL ID: 60650
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/28/2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Updated Specs
  5.    #5  
    4. Alltel Treo Pro - SW version: T850EWW-1.03-ALT
    5. Bell Treo Pro
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/05/2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Berd,
    I think the final Sprint should be the "STP" we have like five users of the non official release and they are all obviously going to turn those in and go back to their old handsets or get a proper Sprint Treo Pro.

Also the device isn't really recalled. but delayed for update and this happens a lot, just not quite so late.

So I think the 99.9% of Sprint Treo Pros being the official release over the next year here mean we should call that the STP, and the pre release few that got into the wild, "Prerelease TP. or quite frankly, the most accuratge, Beta CDMA TP.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Berd,
    I think the final Sprint should be the "STP" we have like five users of the non official release and they are all obviously going to turn those in and go back to their old handsets or get a proper Sprint Treo Pro.

Also the device isn't really recalled. but delayed for update and this happens a lot, just not quite so late.

So I think the 99.9% of Sprint Treo Pros being the official release over the next year here mean we should call that the STP, and the pre release few that got into the wild, "Prerelease TP. or quite frankly, the most accuratge, Beta CDMA TP.
    That's how I had it at first, then I thought we've already started calling the recalled one the STP.
    You're right though, 6 months after the Official release is out, this confusion will prolly be a distant memory.

Calling it 'Prerelease' sounds like an Approved early release.
    And though 'Recalled' may not be accurate in the fullest sense, It was recalled back to Palm.

And as far as only a possible 5 users;
    that may be all that has showed up here at TC.
    It's prolly safe to say that the STP wasn't flying off the shelves at Best Buy,
    but more could have been sold than what we know about.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/15/2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Quick question;

Did Best Buy send out a notice to people that bought the UnAuthorized Release of the STP to return them?

What of someone who might have bought one of the STP's at Best Buy and has no idea that they weren't supposed to be sold.

How will they know to return it?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Quick question;

Did Best Buy send out a notice to people that bought the UnAuthorized Release of the STP to return them?

What of someone who might have bought one of the STP's at Best Buy and has no idea that they weren't supposed to be sold.

How will they know to return it?
    Well I bought one from BB (wife uses it so not alot of hands on I can contribute).Everytime I go in there,(3 times a week) I ask about the Pre and the Pro.I have never got a notice from them regarding a recall.I also ask them what I should do.Some shrug their shoulders and say if it works fine keep it.Other say bring it to the BB I bought it from.Y right I'll bring it to any BB I feel like it if that is the case.I paid $249 + tax + $18 upgrade fee from Sprint.I get a 1000 RZ points on it ($20).Hoping that Pre comes out before the 45 days are up so can talk wife into exchanging it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HU'S NEXT? View Post
    Well I bought one from BB (wife uses it so not alot of hands on I can contribute).Everytime I go in there,(3 times a week) I ask about the Pre and the Pro.I have never got a notice from them regarding a recall.I also ask them what I should do.Some shrug their shoulders and say if it works fine keep it.Other say bring it to the BB I bought it from.Y right I'll bring it to any BB I feel like it if that is the case.I paid $249 + tax + $18 upgrade fee from Sprint.I get a 1000 RZ points on it ($20).Hoping that Pre comes out before the 45 days are up so can talk wife into exchanging it.
    You obviously have a right to get it updated at any point in time. If they cant do it while you wait they have a legal responsibility to just give you a new Treo Pro -- even if it is in three months.

They sold you a product which they were not allowed to sell you.

the memo is in the public domain. It removes any probative burden on your part. You have nothing to prove., they sold you an unwarranted device (and BB broke the warrant not you or Palm or Sprint) while claiming it was warranted. This is actually a false adverting.
  11.    #11  
    So what If people aren't getting notified to return their device?
    Why aren't they being notified?
    Is it because Palm/Sprint aren't aware that this Blunder even happened?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So what If people aren't getting notified to return their device?
    Why aren't they being notified?
    Is it because Palm/Sprint aren't aware that this Blunder even happened?
    A question to ask in order to answer the question...

1. what would bb give them in return?
    a. The fixed STP for the recalled TP?
    b. There money back?

answer... i dont think bb wants to loose the sale by contacting them now. all they would be able to do is give them back there money. mal has to give his back soon and we shall see how they handle it.

I have heard that sprint knows about the early sales and is ticked. they put "do not sale before" notices on these for a reason. on reason is possible recalls. I also heard that bb may not be getting the TP exclusive now because of this.

sprint knows when the order number recieved doesn't match the order number shiped. i have went to three different best buys since the recall and all of them said they had to send theres back. the only ones i know of that didn't have to send theres back are the sprint advocates. they weren't using the phones outside of the stores though. just demo. supposily.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Sprint obviously knows we have it.First activated on my account and then my wife.The Treo Pro icon shows up in her online account also.I got the Touch Pro before Sprint released it and the icon took awhile.
    Thanks for explaining all of this.
    ANy word if any of the people who bought STP's have been notified yet? It is just plain wrong if they don't and there is a moderate fix.
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Wouldnt there be 4 (or 5)? With the Alltell (and Bell releases) one or is this equal to one of the Sprint releases??
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Wouldnt there be 4 (or 5)? With the Alltell (and Bell releases) one or is this equal to one of the Sprint releases??
    Those others were not known of when the post was made and they don't get anywhere near as much discussion . The Alltel unit appears to be very similar to the Sprint Treo Pro. I have not looked much at the Bell model.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Thanks,
    I went ahead and made a few updates.

If you guys see anything you feel needs correcting, please feel free to post.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, from eBay (of course) it looks like I got the recalled Pro. What I AM noticing is that I can't hook it up to my computer (32 bit Vista laptop) to do the first time setup. It mounts itself as a CD drive correctly, but I can't run the setup because it appears to be repeatedly disconnecting, connecting, disconnecting, connecting, disconnecting....
    Tweeter,
    Here is a link to get you up and running:

Activesync Problems with Treo Pro - ActiveSync - Community Help Forums

I also what looks to be a BB Special from eBay. I should have known when the user selling had a slew of hem and is blowing them out in the $289 range. It seems to be working fine though.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast