Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    sorry yall but I had to join this forum...idreamofwireless is who i plan to get my treo from...i've already won his bin/obo auction and during that it said that insurance was required but it was free, i get an email subtotal adding 2.50 for insurance (not a big deal but wtf nonetheless) today i got an email with his name as thewirelessdream saying my shipping info was posted...i haven't paid so it has me wondering what he is up to anyone had anything similar? im not trying to get this thread locked but felt it would be inappropriate to dedicate a thread to this
    Quote Originally Posted by hipkik View Post
    sorry yall but I had to join this forum...idreamofwireless is who i plan to get my treo from...i've already won his bin/obo auction and during that it said that insurance was required but it was free, i get an email subtotal adding 2.50 for insurance (not a big deal but wtf nonetheless) today i got an email with his name as thewirelessdream saying my shipping info was posted...i haven't paid so it has me wondering what he is up to anyone had anything similar? im not trying to get this thread locked but felt it would be inappropriate to dedicate a thread to this
    He's been over here on the forum and has posted. You can probably find his post. Read them and draw your own conclusions. I wouldn't buy anything from him, but that's just my opinion.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

lol i've read through that whole closed thread....if he sends actually sends that phone and talks to me i might pay but if he can't even respond ebay will be hearing...a little prayer might help but hey...idk what to say

btw i thanks for your opinion
    am i wrong to ask this?

Sent to idreamofwireless:
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you have no concern for your customers! I forgot to mention in my previous mails and you didn't bring it up but the 2.50 that was added was NOT in the listing...im not sure how much it would cost you but I would like to cancel this transaction. I understand that you are running a business but CS should be top priority but if I can't even get responses in reasonable (or what i believe is reasonable) times this makes me very wary if something were to go wrong how long would I have to deal with a possibly damaged phone? I know that paypal usually sides with buyer but I would prefer there be no third party involved in petty issues that could easily be resolved with a dedicated and trusting seller. I hope you understand my concern and I await your response..
    I have one question, don't know if you can remember it or not. The auction says that there is free shipping, but he charged you for the insurance, is that correct? On the main auction page, in the semi-fine print, it should list what the shipping charges are and it should show if there was a charge for insurance. I know that it is possible for a seller to have and advertise free shipping and still charge for insurance. Maybe it's a loophole in eBay's system. I agree free shipping should be 100% free. I'm not trying to split hairs but is your concern the $2.50, or the fact that he didn't mention it? Believe me, I'm not defending him or his selling practices by any stretch of the imagination.

am i wrong to ask this?

Sent to idreamofwireless:
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you have no concern for your customers! I forgot to mention in my previous mails and you didn't bring it up but the 2.50 that was added was NOT in the listing...im not sure how much it would cost you but I would like to cancel this transaction. I understand that you are running a business but CS should be top priority but if I can't even get responses in reasonable (or what i believe is reasonable) times this makes me very wary if something were to go wrong how long would I have to deal with a possibly damaged phone? I know that paypal usually sides with buyer but I would prefer there be no third party involved in petty issues that could easily be resolved with a dedicated and trusting seller. I hope you understand my concern and I await your response..
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Are you sure you got charged for it? I seem to remember this too during checkout but when it got to the end, I was not charged the $2.50.
    I haven't paid yet my concern is the fact it takes him eternity to respond......before you get to the confirming screen there is a page asking how many you want and it say shipping insureance 0.00 (required) but in the email with the total (not an actual invoice) he added 2.50 to the total making it 202.50 and not even 2.00 like i wanted im waiting on a response I wish to cancel and willing to pay his listing fees if he wants me to
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Are you sure you got charged for it? I seem to remember this too during checkout but when it got to the end, I was not charged the $2.50.
    No insurance on mine either,

If you do not complete the auction could he claim that you are a non paying bidder?

** Just checked two of the latest positive feedback auctions and theres nothing about insurance

**Just checked my paypal invoice it said "insurance (included)"
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/14/2009 at 10:00 PM.
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just won a bid on a "used one week" Sprint Treo Pro from a private party. Thanks for the heads up. I just sent a message asking him to check the version before sending. Hopefully he's not trying to flip a 1.03 onto someone else. In any case, I already have TEP and it should cover any phone I put on the account. Since it was aready activated once, I believe I can avoid the activation fee.
    Im in contact with ebay now and they said I would not get a strike for this. and not meaning to drag this on but he just changed his name yet again, its now:
    cellularphonedepot

and dont you think if he can log in to change his user name he could also check his messages???? I'm definitely not going thru with this
    Im in contact with ebay now and they said I would not get a strike for this. and not meaning to drag this on but he just changed his name yet again, its now:
    cellularphonedepot

and dont you think if he can log in to change his user name he could also check his messages???? I'm definitely not going thru with this
    This guy never ceases to amaze me. I looked at his feedback tonight, just to see if he was using the same account (all he did was change his user ID). Someone left him neg. feedback about a phone, and he countered that he filed a NPB notice with eBay, and to check the buyer's feedback. When you do, you can see that he only has two, and one of them was from celluarphonedepot.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    This guy never ceases to amaze me. I looked at his feedback tonight, just to see if he was using the same account (all he did was change his user ID). Someone left him neg. feedback about a phone, and he countered that he filed a NPB notice with eBay, and to check the buyer's feedback. When you do, you can see that he only has two, and one of them was from celluarphonedepot.

you don't pay you get a strie, no more conversation is needed. I'm glad you found me out. Your the worlds greatest detetive you've uncovered my masterplan

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM, brandon wilson <brandon_d_supamann@hotmail.com> wrote:

Im not paying.....and tell me this how did this:
    Negative feedback rating Sprint would not activate this phone, reported as stolen Buyer:
    mikegohman ( 16 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
    May-02-09 19:28

Reply by cellularphonedepot (May-02-09 20:14):
    Never paid for item, Filed a Non paying bidder report. He left negative!

BRAND NEW IN BOX SPRINT PALM TREO 800W 800 W PHONE (#280331266119) US $189.99 View Item
    happen? Do whatever you want I refuse to pay for this phone if you can't even answer emails...I know you sign in to eBay because you changed your user name, which leads me to believe you are trying to trick people because word is getting out how you aren't a great seller....I've already submitted info to ebay so filing a report won't do anything in the long run.
    no unpaid buyer strike for me...how should i word his negative feedback...suggestions?
    I don't think it matters. I left negative feedback and the next day I noticed it disappeared. Ebay never asked me for my side but he got it removed. Ebay doesn't seem to be pro-buyer.
    no unpaid buyer strike for me...how should i word his negative feedback...suggestions?
    Like Joe Friday says, just the facts. If you stick to how the transaction went and keep personalities and accusations out of it, he'll have a hard time getting it changed or removed.

16.    #136  
    Updated Versions and added link to:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...grade-exe.html
    Just call me Berd.
    i should've seen this thread before i bought the phone from him.

i have not recieved the phone yet, but its claimed to be shipped.

i emailed him asking if this phone does not activate and if sprint cannot cover insurance for it, can i refund/exchange.

he responded with "well, id rather u to just send the phone back without opening it. I know for sure th ephone can be activated"

he also said it is the 1.03 and told me there is an update.

what should i do with him? hes pretty much saying i cannot refund/exchange with him if the box is open. i would not know if the phone works or not if i cannot open it. is he crazy?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

So far we have:
    1. Palms Unlocked/Unsubsidized -GSM Treo Pro (GTP)
    2. Unauthorized Release Sprint Treo Pro - (Recalled STP)
    3. Official Authorized Release Sprint Treo Pro (STP)
    4. Alltel Treo Pro
    5. Bell Treo Pro
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][B]
    OK, a new kid's on the block here. just got a Treo Pro from my carrier (IUSACELL, in Mexico city) in exchange for a busted Mogul.

It comes with OS 6.1 Pro 5.2.20765.1.4.4 , Software version T850EWW-1.02-IUS and Firmware 1.11.68F. It is, of course, in Spanish, albeit one of the worst translations for Windows Mobile. The ones for the PPC6000 and the Mogul were OK, why did they change them!

Also of note it shows 80.79 MB of memory! No wonder I can keep running everything with no slowdown.

I am in the process of making a ROM dump. Will post nhb file when done. If anyone needs the raw files, PM me.
    Last edited by drnoir; 06/15/2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typo on OS version
    Quote Originally Posted by drnoir View Post
    I am in the process of making a ROM dump. Will post nhb file when done. If anyone needs the raw files, PM me.
    DL link is up: http: + // rapidshare [dot] com [slash] files [slash] 245054564 [slash] IUSA_RUU_signed.zip.html

Please mirror, as I won't be signing up to RS for this. Also, if someone else with over 10 posts can reformat the link, everyone will appreciate it, I'm sure.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnoir View Post
    DL link is up: http: + // rapidshare [dot] com [slash] files [slash] 245054564 [slash] IUSA_RUU_signed.zip.html

Please mirror, as I won't be signing up to RS for this. Also, if someone else with over 10 posts can reformat the link, everyone will appreciate it, I'm sure.
    Fixed Link:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Just call me Berd.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast