Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
    I just went to my local Sprint repair facility and they flashed my phone to 1.04 easily. It required a complete hard reset (all data gone, but of course I sync with Google so everything just comes back).

Everything seems to be up to date now. I hope I don't have any warranty issues, but for some reason I doubt I will. Just in case, I went next door to the retail Sprint store and signed up for TEP.

Did Sprint just begin offering the 1.04 flash? It must be new, otherwise this thread wouldn't be so long...
    Please tell us which service center did the flash? as there has been alot people looking but only one other person posting that they were able to get the flash
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why did Palm/Sprint decide to make the 1.04Rom available for Flash? It might have something to do with all this Attention we here at TC have been giving this.
    How do we not know that the reports that the 1.04 has been made available for flash isn't because all the flack they're getting on this.
    If people weren't aware of 1.03 they never would of called palm/sprint inquiring. It may be that Palm/Sprint decided to make the 1.04 flash available because they were being flooded with phone calls.
    If so that is good news
    Quote Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
    I just went to my local Sprint repair facility and they flashed my phone to 1.04 easily. It required a complete hard reset (all data gone, but of course I sync with Google so everything just comes back).

Everything seems to be up to date now. I hope I don't have any warranty issues, but for some reason I doubt I will. Just in case, I went next door to the retail Sprint store and signed up for TEP.

Did Sprint just begin offering the 1.04 flash? It must be new, otherwise this thread wouldn't be so long...
    I find it interesting that the one person who claims that Sprint is now flashing does so in his first post ever on the board..
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why did Palm/Sprint decide to make the 1.04Rom available for Flash? It might have something to do with all this Attention we here at TC have been giving this.
    How do we not know that the reports that the 1.04 has been made available for flash isn't because all the flack they're getting on this.
    If people weren't aware of 1.03 they never would of called palm/sprint inquiring. It may be that Palm/Sprint decided to make the 1.04 flash available because they were being flooded with phone calls.
    Not really don't you think they would have to have a flash available for resetting refurb's or for people who screw up thier software etc? Im just surprised it not in the service centers now the phones been out for a while.

Nothing against this site do really think TC has the power to make palm come up with a rom? If had any power dont you think people would not be buying from ebay with all the negative comments going on around here

Ebay's still selling a boat load of them
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    If had any power dont you think people would not be buying from ebay with all the negative comments going on around here

I got mine from ebay and its 1.03 and I don't really care. It's working just fine for me and it will be covered through Sprint if anything goes wrong. I don't see what everyone is freaking out about these ebay phones. I can pay $200 for the phone from ebay and not have to renew my contract or I can pay $200 through Sprint and have to be locked in for another 2 years...sounds like a no brainer for me. To each his own, but for me, I'm glad I purchased on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I find it interesting that the one person who claims that Sprint is now flashing does so in his first post ever on the board..
    Where do you get that from here is one from a user with multiple posts and years of history here who have:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I went to the Service Center on Stevens Creek yesterday in Santa Clara California and they were able to do the Software upgrade to 1.04. It took about an hr for them to complete but then it works a heck of a lot better..
    Read up a bit first.
    Kg6bki
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Where do you get that from here is one from a user with multiple posts and years of history here who have:

Read up a bit first.
    Kg6bki
    I think he is referring to sshanky who is in this thread, and it is his first post. The user you are referring to posted the message you quoted from in another thread. If you're quoting from another thread, it would be nice to mention it as not all readers follow all the threads. Just a suggestion.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    There were one or two others, but they were in another thread, http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1590470 .

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm not sure its relevant to this thread as I only saw a few Alltel references earlier, but I just purchessed 2 Treo Pros from Alltel (Arrived May 4th) and they both have a version of 1.03: T850EWW-1.03-ALT
    Quote Originally Posted by thevorlon View Post
    I'm not sure its relevant to this thread as I only saw a few Alltel references earlier, but I just purchessed 2 Treo Pros from Alltel (Arrived May 4th) and they both have a version of 1.03: T850EWW-1.03-ALT
    That's very interesting. Are they actually through Alltel or Verizon? Since Verizon bought Alltel.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I think he is referring to sshanky who is in this thread, and it is his first post. The user you are referring to posted the message you quoted from in another thread.
    And the user you are mentioning actually answered the guy in that thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1590641

There are complaint threads all over the place on 1.03. There is one with a thread title on flashing itself that wildrage answered the OP himself.

There is no point in referencing a thread when I already supplied the quote itself.

The point being that user got a software update -- and had his 1.03 problems fixed by a update to 1.04
  12.    #112  
    Thanks for that.

I do think it was mentioned here or in another thread.

1.03-ALT is fine with Alltel
    My Gsm is 1.01
    Version Numbers will vary.

It's not that 1.03 is bad in the number itself.
    Like you said 1.03 is on Alltel.
    For some reason Sprint/Palm originally sent out Treos with Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-SPT
    They then told the Stores not to sell, but to send them back for a Rom Update. They then came back with T850EWW-1.04SPT.

We never found out exactly why.

It seems it was a big enough concern for Sprint/Palm, but members here say they don't notice a difference.
    Just call me Berd.
    That sounds right on the Alltel. What is manufacture date?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    palandri,

Bought through Alltel online. My contract had rolled around to another "Upgrade", so I retired my Mogal and my wife's razor for two Treo Pros. My local stores (Lumberton and Whiteville NC) have not changed over...Yet.

berdinkerdickle,

Thanks for the reassurance.

aero,

Where is the Manufacturing date located?

Thanks again,
    Mark.
    aero,
    Where is the Manufacturing date located?
    Thanks again,
    Mark.
    ##778#
    View
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Not really don't you think they would have to have a flash available for resetting refurb's or for people who screw up thier software etc? Im just surprised it not in the service centers now the phones been out for a while.

Nothing against this site do really think TC has the power to make palm come up with a rom? If had any power dont you think people would not be buying from ebay with all the negative comments going on around here

Palm has responded to many things on Treo Central. Certainly the cracks were documented here and Palm gave refunds to buyers of 800w fo rGPS issues refined here and methods described for getting refund.

This is the most influential site on Palm products on the net and Top level Palm engineering who I dealt with extensively on the GPS issue reads these forums regularly as does Sprint ADS for Treo. Indeed they often will refer to fixes on this forum -- by url.

As far as ebay buyers that is a different thing. There is a sucker born every minute and the seller of the 1.03 seems to be a single individual who himself stated he is selling them on 30 accounts. He is simply dishonest an I am sure he can find unsuspecting buyers.
    I want to say I read the exchange between IVHS72 and the IDreamOfWireless ebay seller from a few days back on the now closed thread.

I have had some disagreement with Ivhs72 on some points but exchange he had with Idreamofwireless, shows clearly that Ivhs72 showed himself to be concerned with facts, concerned for buyers, concerned for ebay practices, and comporting himself factually and soberly.

While on the other hand the IDreamofWirelss character showed himself to be the most likely seller of all or almost all the recalled 1.03 models, someone unconcerned with his buyers, someone who deceiving buyers by leaving out material facts as to the status of the 1.03, harming sellers of legitimate 1.04 models (and false advertising harms competing sellers of fully legit merchandise), adn the type of person who gives ebay a bad name. I note that rather than answering questions such as directly posed by Berd and done so repeatedly, he relentlessly and personally attacked several posters, especially Ivhs72, (most likely because Ivhs was the most factual) who responded by simply staying focused on the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    I got mine from ebay and its 1.03 and I don't really care. It's working just fine for me and it will be covered through Sprint if anything goes wrong. I don't see what everyone is freaking out about these ebay phones. I can pay $200 for the phone from ebay and not have to renew my contract or I can pay $200 through Sprint and have to be locked in for another 2 years...sounds like a no brainer for me. To each his own, but for me, I'm glad I purchased on ebay.
    You missed the point that legitimate ebay sellers are selling the 1.04 units with no contract for the same price. So youa re confusing the issue.

The issue is $200 for a non contract 1.04 or $200 for a recalled non contract 1.03 with less memory/

False adverting harms not just buyers (and you may not care but others do) but sellers of legitimate merchandise
    I would like to publicy apologize to aero for any disagreements and misunderstandings we've had in the past. It was never intentional and it was not done to embarass or diss anyone. Sometimes in the heat of a good discussion things are typed and posted before the brain has had time to engage, and it snowballs from there. I admit I can be stubborn, hot headed, narrow minded, and outright stupid sometimes. In this case I was probably a little bit of all of them. But my interest in participating in these forums is to share what experiences I've had, and to learn from other participants. I'm sure areo's is as well. He has a lot of experience and knowlege and is always willing to freely share it. I've learned a lot from him, and hope to continue to do so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I want to say I read the exchange between IVHS72 and the IDreamOfWireless ebay seller from a few days back on the now closed thread.

I have had some disagreement with Ivhs72 on some points but exchange he had with Idreamofwireless, shows clearly that Ivhs72 showed himself to be concerned with facts, concerned for buyers, concerned for ebay practices, and comporting himself factually and soberly.

While on the other hand the IDreamofWirelss character showed himself to be the most likely seller of all or almost all the recalled 1.03 models, someone unconcerned with his buyers, someone who deceiving buyers by leaving out material facts as to the status of the 1.03, harming sellers of legitimate 1.04 models (and false advertising harms competing sellers of fully legit merchandise), adn the type of person who gives ebay a bad name. I note that rather than answering questions such as directly posed by Berd and done so repeatedly, he relentlessly and personally attacked several posters, especially Ivhs72, (most likely because Ivhs was the most factual) who responded by simply staying focused on the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I would like to publicy apologize to aero for any disagreements and misunderstandings we've had in the past.
    I share as much or more of the blame. I think we are all trying to get to the bottom of it. I think we will never hear from Palm, I think the ebay seller of the 1.03 showed his colors and I think all of here can direct this to a good effort to pressing Sprint and Palm to as quickly as possible an with the least hassle make available flash updates to 1.04 of all 1.03 buyers who wish to do so.

I know the mods and editors here such as Dieter tried to pry some information out of Palm as to the difference. That apparently was to no avail, and I guess that makes sense since Palm may have disagreed with Sprint as to the need to fine tune the device, and of course with Altell being at 1.03 Palm would have no interest in implying any inferiority.

Indications are that it is sprint that asked for the changes and since sprint is the primary, and for consumers most efficient point of contact, a coordinated push on Sprint would be most effective.

So I think owners of 1.03 ought to ask specifically for escalation to Sprint ADS (Advanced Device Support) which is the top tier tech support, open trouble tickets and report their findings here.

I have opened a new thread. to discuss and share information specifically on efforts through Sprint -- for those who wish an upgrade.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast