Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I too had a Chat conversation with Palm support today. I have a Treo Pro on the way from wil-150 Ebay seller, so I will have to see what arrives before I make a determination on next steps.

It is interesting to me that Palm appears to be searching for the source of these devices.

11:04 AM Examining network configuration...
    11:04 AM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app54.logmeinrescue.com...
    11:04 AM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    11:04 AM Support session established with George.

11:04 AM Lee: I am a current 700w user and thinking of buying a 850 for Sprint. I hear in the community that there are 850s with version 1.03 firmware which was recalled by Palm and support for the 1.03 firmware is being denied by Pam and Sprint. Is this true?
    11:04 AM George: Hello.
    11:04 AM Lee: Good morning
    11:04 AM George: Thank you providing me the information.
    11:05 AM George: Could you please stay on hold while I go through the information you have provided?
    11:05 AM Lee: sure, thanks
    11:05 AM Lee: this recall was supposed to have happened pre-release
    11:05 AM George: You are welcome. Thank you for staying on hold.
    11:05 AM Lee: yet some devices appear to be out in the public
    11:06 AM George: I understand that you are afraid if Palm doesn't support the 850 device for sprint. Am I correct?
    11:07 AM Lee: yes, but only in the instance where the firmware on the phone is 1.03 -- i know that if it is the 1.04 version Palm supports this
    11:08 AM George: Okay. Could you please let me know where did you purchase the phone?
    11:09 AM George: Let me explain.
    11:09 AM Lee: There is a vendor in NY selling them and they state they do not know what the firmware version is as the box is sealed
    11:10 AM George: As you have the version 1.03 on your phone, you need to exchange the phone with a version 1.04 from where you have purchased the phone.
    11:10 AM George: They should exchange the phone and provide you with 1.04 version
    11:10 AM George: Make sure that you purchase the 1.04 version
    11:11 AM Lee: I hope they will, but it is their claim at this time that there is no way that a unsupported version is being sold.
    11:12 AM Lee: So to summarize, Palm cannot support 1.03 and would like to know from whom these phones are being purchased. Is that correct?
    11:13 AM George: Yes. You are correct.
    11:13 AM Lee: Very well - if i get a version 1.03 from the vendor i will inform Palm support from where the device was obtained.
    11:14 AM George: Okay. Thank you
    11:14 AM George: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    11:15 AM Lee: Not at this time, i will have to wait a little longer to see which version arrives and go from there.
    11:15 AM Lee: if the version is 1.03, if Chat the correct way to inform Palm
    11:15 AM George: Yes. You can contact us and we will let you know the details
    11:16 AM Lee: Thanks - that should take care of all i need today
    11:16 AM George: You are welcome. Its my pleasure assisting you.
    11:16 AM George: Thank you for contacting Palm Care. Please do feel free to contact us whenever you need assistance.
    11:16 AM George: Have a great week!
    11:16 AM George: Take care. Bye.
    11:16 AM Lee: good day - u have been most helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by the_mig View Post
    I'm one of those ebayers that ended up with the 1.03 version software on an "unauthorized" Treo Pro too. I purchased mine from "thewirelessdream" on ebay and emailed him/her tonight to see what they will do about it.
    I bought from them also. I just fired off an e-mail. It will be interesting to hear what they will say. Especially since they are hearing from more than one of us with the same complaint.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm one of those ebayers that ended up with the 1.03 version software on an "unauthorized" Treo Pro too. I purchased mine from "thewirelessdream" on ebay and emailed him/her tonight to see what they will do about it.
    "Thewirelessdream" says I can return it for version 1.04. I also emailed Sprint CS to see if they could just do a software upgrade instead. Waiting to hear back to save the hassel of returning. It's really interesting how the ebay sellers got these units.
    "Thewirelessdream" says I can return it for version 1.04. I also emailed Sprint CS to see if they could just do a software upgrade instead. Waiting to hear back to save the hassel of returning. It's really interesting how the ebay sellers got these units.
    Just got the same e-mail.
    Thanks to all for the great info on this post, espec. to Berd for the clarifying posts at the beginning. I have an email in to Palm to see if they can make an official statement on what to do with the 1.03 Recalled STPs -- but understand that they may not be able to say much. Either way we'll write up a story for the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Thanks to all for the great info on this post, espec. to Berd for the clarifying posts at the beginning. I have an email in to Palm to see if they can make an official statement on what to do with the 1.03 Recalled STPs -- but understand that they may not be able to say much. Either way we'll write up a story for the front page.
    TIA!
    always searching for the light..
    Honestly, I own .103 and I just really dont know if there is a difference, ive never owned a palm before and my last winmo device was a motorola i930 soooo compared to that this phone rocks. But anyone REALLY worried, just add insurance right? and honestly if you just dont say anything about the phone being .103 when you take your phone to sprint, they would fix it for you or just swap it out if your really having problems
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 View Post
    Honestly, I own .103 and I just really dont know if there is a difference, ive never owned a palm before and my last winmo device was a motorola i930 soooo compared to that this phone rocks. But anyone REALLY worried, just add insurance right? and honestly if you just dont say anything about the phone being .103 when you take your phone to sprint, they would fix it for you or just swap it out if your really having problems
    EXACTLY!

i also have a 1.03 and share your school of thought on this whole issue.
    always searching for the light..
    Gr. My Treo just arrived from Ebay. I purchased it from one of the top 4 Treo Pro sellers on Ebay. This was the only one of the four that replied to my message, and ensured me this was a newer version 1.04 phone, NOT the recalled 1.03.

Well, just got my Treo Pro.
    Software version 1.03SPT
    Firmware 1.03SPT

I was afraid this would happen. So much for that two day priority shipping to replace my broken phone. Assuming the seller cooperates, this is going to be a 2 week ordeal

I only purchased from Ebay because I wasn't paying $600+ for a phone.. I had a feeling this was going to bite me in the arse.
  10.    #70  
    ^Call Palm and give them the SN.
    Ask them if they will support it?
    Just call me Berd.
    Centro85, who was the seller you bought from? I bought from alch3miss and my phone should arrive tomorrow.

I'm hoping it will be 1.04 but I'm not overly concerned either way as I pay for Sprint's insurance plan. If the phone has a problem past 30 days out or so, I'm just as screwed as if I would've had to try and return it to Best Buy after that amount of time.

So, either way I'd just have to be making an insurance claim to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I have a 1.03 and had an issue connecting to the web, and I spent 30 minutes w/ tech support and they resolved the problem, i.e., they didn't seem to know or care that it was v. 1.03.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

I posted in another thread earlier, but briefly, I bought mine on ebay, it came in yesterday, version 1.04, no problems activating it.

The seller was ryanpat11. I specified that I wanted 1.04, and that's what I got, although I must say, I was half expecting to get 1.03 after reading some of the posts on here!
    I also got mine from Ebay. Mine arrived today. It is v1.04. The seller was besteelelectronics_1
    Quote Originally Posted by c23rainman View Post
    Hey Guys,

I posted in another thread earlier, but briefly, I bought mine on ebay, it came in yesterday, version 1.04, no problems activating it.

The seller was ryanpat11. I specified that I wanted 1.04, and that's what I got, although I must say, I was half expecting to get 1.03 after reading some of the posts on here!
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I also got mine from Ebay. Mine arrived today. It is v1.04. The seller was besteelelectronics_1
    Wish you all would have posted two days ago

It's okay. I just stopped by a mom and pop sprint store who were able to get the phone activated, and double check the insurance set up on it. Everything works fine for me, tried just about everything I can think of I am not going to much worry about it. Sprint insured it and activated it, it seems to work just fine.. Not worth being without a work phone over.
    Thanks for the PM Centro85 (I can't respond by PM because my post count is too low). That makes me feel better. Phone should be here today so hopefully all goes well.

Thanks again for the details.
    I don't understand the whole insurance thing. With a $100 deductable and $7 a month, it doesn't make sense for me to use it for a phone that cost me $200 and will probably only drop in price further over the next few months. I can see how the insurance gives you peace of mind though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I don't understand the whole insurance thing. With a $100 deductable and $7 a month, it doesn't make sense for me to use it for a phone that cost me $200 and will probably only drop in price further over the next few months. I can see how the insurance gives you peace of mind though.
    The $100 deductable is only if the phone is physically damaged, like a cracked screen or dropped in water. If you phone just stops working or has other electronics problems, there is no charge.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    The expense normally makes no sense, but if it s a gray market recalled Treo Pro that was purchased you woudl definitely want the insurance since the normal Palm warranty is in doubt.
    Funny thing is, I remember when I started with Sprint the insurance was $2/mo. and there wasn't a deductible (I don't think).

That wasn't all that long ago.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast