Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

Voice Command is one of the main reasons I use Windows Mobile since I'm in my car a lot. Coming from the 700wx, the fact that the Treo Pro can initiate Voice Command over Bluetooth is just awesome.

Voice Command on my Pro behaves a bit differently than it did on my 700wx, however - and this applies both to my BT headset as well as just over the on-board speaker. On my 700wx (with an EBag333 WM 6.0 ROM - chock-full of awesomeness - thanks EBag333!) it would announce incoming messages if they came in when the screen was off. My Pro will only "talk" when the screen is on. It plays the notification sound, but the screen stays off, and Voice Command does not announce the message.

This is especially annoying if a lot of E-mails come in while it's off. The next time I try to initiate a command (e.g., "Call home") it ignores me and gives me a roll call of each new message instead. Even better - it only does this for a few seconds, and then it seems like the audio gateway just closes mid-sentence. Rinse and repeat until all messages have been read-off.

I suppose it's possible that my 700wx just always "woke up" when a message came in and stayed awake until Voice Command was done. I don't remember that specifically because it was just seamless.

So my question for the group is whether everyone experiences this same behavior - and if anyone knows a way around this. Perhaps it's a Voice Command registry setting - or maybe a Windows setting to wake the screen up when a new message arrives. And EBag333 - if you're out there in the world, do you remember if you explicitly changed anything in your ROM to make it behave the way it did on the 700wx?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexTreo View Post
    And EBag333 - if you're out there in the world, do you remember if you explicitly changed anything in your ROM to make it behave the way it did on the 700wx?
    Nope. Nothing special.

Hmm...could be a Palm tweak, but I don't think so. Might be something that HTC overlooked.....
    So Tex,
    basically you're saying VC doesn't pull the GSM Treo Pro out of Sleep?
    Or to put it another way, The GTP isn't waking up for VC.
    Correct?

My GTP is Still out for repairs, otherwise I would test to confirm.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Just call me Berd.
    I shoulda said what I always say!

Backup, hard reset, and test it again!
    (Without installing other programs, tweaks, etc.)
    Yea, I always feel bad when someone says they have an issue, I have to say; 'you might try this next time'

So many people just hate the idea of a HR.
    Reinstalling all their apps and redoing all their settings can be real pain. But there's no better way to trouble shoot.

Best advice I can give to anyone.
    (before you do anything with your new WM phone)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-pro-read.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So Tex,
    basically you're saying VC doesn't pull the GSM Treo Pro out of Sleep?
    Or to put it another way, The GTP isn't waking up for VC.
    Correct?

My GTP is Still out for repairs, otherwise I would test to confirm.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

berdinkerdickle, yes - that is correct.

Definitely good advice to backup and hard reset, and I actually took my backup yesterday to do just that. But then I remembered that I noticed this the first day I got it, before any tweaks. That's when I figured I'd post here and see if this was a common "feature" before I invested the time in a rebuild.

Anyone else with a GTP willing to give this a try?
    I'd like to hear about others also.