1.    #1  
    I apologize if this is already posted, however I couldn't find any related info in the FAQ section. As a newbie, I'd like to think this is a very basic question. That is , how do I configure the built-in Windows Media Player (WMP) to play streaming MP3 files?

For example, when I get a streaming audio station that uses the MP3 file format, I get prompted to download the associated .pls file -- instead of having WMP automatically start-up & stream the file -- as it's done when it's the .wmp format. For the few stations that use the .ra format, I also get prompted to download a .ram file.

TheStreamCenter.com site (which has a fairly comprehensive list of streaming commercial audio stations) suggests the tcpmp cab file for Windows Mobile. However, the same behavior continues to occur after downloading & installing the tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab file -- which I have since removed. Perhaps there is something else that I needed to do after that installation - which I am obviously not aware of.

In any case, is there a way to associate a mp3 (.pls) file with the 800w's built-in Windows Media Player (as done in Windows XP or Vista)? If not, is there a reliable, commercially available pug-in(s) and/or player(s) for the .mp3, .ra & flash streaming audio formats?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    It might be a challenge to find one for Flash, although I guess you could try the Skyfire web browser and see how that goes.

Resco Radio can play MP3 streams. Pocket Tunes can also play MP3 streams.

A Windows Mobile version of Real One Player is available, though I have never used it and don't how well or not that it works.

You may also want to try Kinoma FreePlay or Kinoma Play and see how you like those too. Kinoma Play says that it can handle RTSP streams so it *may* be able to play the Real stuff too.