1.    #1  
    If you installed this program on your phone, please uninstall it. I had the unfortunate experience of having this worthless program wipe out my Treo Pro's memory completely, internal and storage card, everything is gone. Sprite back up can't help since the backup file was also wiped out too. I did a search just now and at xda several users had the same thing happen to them. This is a nightmare. Be warned.
  2.    #2  
    I am so screwed. I just realized I did not keep a back up of my storage card on my computer's hard drive. Again cleartemp is a trojan horse. It will not only clear your temp files, it will also wipe out your entire memory. Unfortunately, I followed chestvgr's suggestion to use this program (on another post) without researching what others have said. Had I gone to xda I would have been forewarned about the destructiveness of this program. In a sick twist, everything was wiped out except the clear temp program.
    Last edited by JohnPalmer; 02/13/2009 at 01:51 AM.
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPalmer View Post
    I am so screwed. I just realized I did not keep a back up of my storage card on my computer's hard drive. Again cleartemp is a trojan horse. It will not only clear your temp files, it will also wipe out your entire memory. Unfortunately, I followed chestvgr's suggestion to use this program (on another post) without researching what others have said. Had I gone to xda I would have been forewarned about the destructiveness of this program. In a sick twist, everything was wiped out except the clear temp program.
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. I am very glad you posted this caution, not just because of the caution against claertemp but how important it is to backup the storage card.

Believe it or not I have never backed up a storage card, I am ofcourse doing it just now after reading your post.

Hope you are able to recover everything that you need.

Thank you
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    I'm very sorry JohnPalmer that cleartemp didn't work for you. As of now I've had CTemp for almost 3 yrs w/o giving me any problems. I used it on my Treo 750, my at&t Tilt, as well as other WM devices I've had and now on my TP and have never had such a problem. Try contacting Clear Temp's developer.
  5.    #5  
    Hey it could be worse. I will be spending most of my weekend reinstalling everything back on my device. The lesson here is to back up your sprite files and other programs on your storage card onto your computer's hardrive. Had I done this, I would have no problem.

Chestvgr, I know you were only trying to be helpful about recommending Cleartemp. The problem is in my case and others, it worked too well (cleared everything). I should have uninstalled this program when I noticed it's buggy behavior when I first used it. Maybe I had a bad or older version, who knows but I certainly won't be installing that program again.
    I'm sorry again and I'll make sure I'll take your advise. I will also backup my SD card into my PC's HDD.

Now just FYI I have Version of Clear Temp: 0.9.2.3 as I don't know what version was the one that wiped off your Treo Pro.
    Hey.. I had a problem and everything was deleted from Memory and SD card too.. I couldnt link to the program that did it.. But now that you mention it I was running Clear Temp too. Haven't reinstalled it and haven't experienced the problem again.. Coincidence?

Btw, When I discovered what had happened, I could still boot into WM6.1 but couldnt launch the file explorer or any other program.. I had irreplaceble data on my phone memory and my backups on the card (yes, yes.. should've backed it up on my 'puter too!) were wiped too.. but I didn't just hard reset and move on. I tried to plug my TP into a computer I had never used to sync before.. It recognised the device and allowed me to look around.. turns out ONLY the program files directory was not wiped. Fortunately some of my data resided in that directory.. Long story short I did in fact manage to get some important data back.

Moral of the story: Try and plug in and look around before your hard reset.. Might find some leftovers..