Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I have been having problems with my battery life since I got the phone.
    I tried all the battery saving tips, and turning off everything on the phone, but it didn't help.
    Sprint offered to replace the phone, or the battery.
    Is this likely to help?
    And is it possible a battery replacement might do the trick?
    Don't have them simply "replace" the battery, as in you give them the old and they give you a new one. Have them to GIVE you a 2nd battery. Then you'll have 2.

(And if you feel they'll fall for it, try and get 2 new batteries so you'll have 3 .)
    And if they try and keep your old battery, tell them you know they can't resell the thing and just let you keep it.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Not a bad idea...
    Only question is if it could be the phone, and if it's worth it to try replacing that...
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Not a bad idea...
    Only question is if it could be the phone, and if it's worth it to try replacing that...
    Search this forum a little more, for the really old threads about battery life...

As your battery is conditioned with time, it will improve some (improve some but don't go thinking it's going to be like double what you're seeing now), but you've got Sprint on the hook for at least 1 more battery. You better get it while the offer is on the table. And if you think they'll bend, go for more than 1.

And here's a thread that might help you better understand the lengths some have gone to trying to improve 800w battery life.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    So no point in replacing the whole phone?
    Also, anybody know if it's not good for the battery to charge it overnight?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Also, anybody know if it's not good for the battery to charge it overnight?
    It's best to keep it on a charge as much as possible.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Thanks again Darnell for the tip.
    I spoke to Sprint, and they gave me a credit towards a battery and charger.
    Two questions:
    Anybody know if this charger comes with a plug, or do I have to use my plug that came with the phone?
    And what's the best method for using 2 batteries?
    Is it better to rotate them, or use one as the main battery, and use the other when I need it?
    Thanks!!
    I had 3 batteries. Just kept rotating them each day. You will notice a difference in all of them. I marked the original with a small "O" (Sharpie).

Don't know what you mean about the charger coming with a plug. Chargers come complete like the original.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Just like Vibrant I have three; easy to carry two in my pockets.
    One is noticeably worse than the others. All palm batteries.
    Using those OEM batteries as opposed to non-OEM extended life batteries has 2 major benefits:
    • You keep the original product form factor and get (up to) double the battery time when you have 2 OEM batteries.
    • If a non-OEM battery messes up the 800w, the product warranty is rendered invalid.
      EXCLUSIONS
      This warranty excludes (1) physical damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or scratches on the lcd touchscreen or outside casing; (2) damage caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation or testing, unauthorized attempts to open, repair, or modify the product, or any other cause beyond the range of the intended use; (3) damage caused by accident, fire, power changes, other hazards, or acts of God; or (4) use of the product with any non- Palm device or service if such device or service causes the problem.
      So best to use OEM batteries just in case anything ever gets messed up because of a bad battery. It could be said that you could just pop the OEM battery back in before taking it in for service, but you never have to worry about any of that if you only use OEM batteries.
  12. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Go with the extended battery. Night and Day.
    The 2600ma battery works very well - lasted me an entire day.
    Nothing beats free. If the OP (or anybody else that contacts Sprint complaining about battery life) can get free OEM batteries, better they be used than paying for a non-OEM battery.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    When people say to rotate batteries, until how low do you wait before putting the next battery in, so that I'll get the best performance, but won't kill the battery?
    And now, I am used to plugging the phone in whenever I am anywhere near the charger.
    With two batteries, should I still plug it in at all, or just let it get used, and put the next one in when the current one is too low?
    It would be ideal to swap somewhere between 30% and 50%.

The lower you run the battery, the harder it is on it.

Instead of getting multiple batteries I just got multiple chargers. A charger for each of my vehicles, a microUSB cable for each of my computers, etc. Though I find anymore that the only time I need them is when I'm doing very power extensive stuff (such as using GPS over long periods of time).

Every battery is slightly different however, so it can't hurt to pickup a new one.
    I recently received a 2nd battery from my local Sprint store, no charge. This battery seems to last a bit longer than my original. I did not get a charger from the store, have been looking at a few on Ebay so that I can keep the second battery charged. My original battery wouldn't charge to 100% when I left the phone on the charger all night. The new battery hits 100% every night. With most of the tweaks and suggestions implemented, my battery barely lasts until 10:00 even with minimal useage. If I do any internet or more than about 30 minutes of calls, the battery is dead mid afternoon! Overall this phone and the battery life is totally unacceptable, it definiely would not work for someone who NEEDS to use it's full capability all day long.

Is anyone using a retractable cable to charge their 800W? I have seen some in the $6 to $8 range, wondering if they will work. Also, anyone have a USB cigarette lighter plug that works to charge the 800W?
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDtreo View Post
    Also, anyone have a USB cigarette lighter plug that works to charge the 800W?
    Motorola MicroUSB High Performance Car Charger for Palm Pre / Treo Pro, Treo 800w

That's what I used to use when I had an 800w and it works good.