Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I just realized that my 8gb MicroSD card is only a Class 2.
    When I bought it, I had no idea there were such things as classes.
    Anything I can do? Complain to the company?
    And is it that much slower than the higher classes?
    Since you had no idea there were classes, complaining to the company will serve no purpose. Class 2 is considerably slower than a class 6. OTOH, if you're not noticing anything bogging down your device when running from a class 2, it's no big deal anyway.

Of course, with the prices of sd cards now, you can always go buy a class 6 card.
    Most users do fine with any class, but some of us find benefit in the higher class cards.

I'm not seeing where you have a complaint to make with the seller. They never told you it was something other than what it is. I mean they didn't say it's class 6 and sell you a class 2. They obviously didn't say and usually sellers who don't say are selling class 2. And you probably got a good deal on the price didn't you ?

Here's a thread with some varied viewpoints that you should review:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

You've got an additional 8GB of space and that's not a bad thing .
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    They just didn't write on the packaging what class it was...
    What is the brand/model of the card?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    SanDisk 8gb - I don't know the model
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    They just didn't write on the packaging what class it was...
    And I've got a Sandisk 1GB card that does not have a class marking on it. Many of the class 2 cards don't.

On Sandisk's own web site they still sell the 2GB card with this image and it does not have a class marking, not even on the card its self.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And I've got a Sandisk 1GB card that does not have a class marking on it. Many of the class 2 cards don't.

On Sandisk's own web site they still sell the 2GB card with this image and it does not have a class marking, not even on the card its self.
    That's because the smaller cards are a different type of card. 1 & 2 GB cards are MicroSD and do not have a class rating. 4GB and bigger are MicroSDHC and will always have a class rating.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    That's because the smaller cards are a different type of card. 1 & 2 GB cards are MicroSD and do not have a class rating. 4GB and bigger are MicroSDHC and will always have a class rating.
    Thanks RC46 .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Not all SD and not all SHC are have ratings or markings for class noted.

Examples of 4 and 8 gb SDHC without them:
    Amazon.com: Sandisk 8GB Ultra II SD HC Secure Digital SDHC Card (SDSDH-8192, Static Package): Electronics

Newegg.com - SanDisk 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model SDSDQ-4096-A11M - Flash Memory

Newegg.com - SanDisk Extreme III 4GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card Model SDSDRX3-4096-A21 - Flash Memory

I have a dozen sandisk SDHC around of varying memory and physical sizes and half have no class markings or rating
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You know how you can do a quick test?

Do you have Vista?

Find the biggest chunk of file and copy it to your MicroSD using a USB reader of course. Notice the MB/sec. Take the highest number.

Now do it on another spare MicroSD card. Then compare the MB/sec.

I notice having a different SD reader/writer make some difference.

I got my Class 4 MicrsoSD for $12 something last week shipped. It transfer at 4.8 mb/sec

I have a 8 GB SanDisk E extreme SD card and it transfer at 9.5 mb/sec.

You will notice the slow speed when you transfer files. But when your phone is R/W by an app I dont think you would notice the speed difference.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4