Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    finally for joseph.fox: I have both the 800w and the unofficial Sprint Treo Pro. In short I like both devices a lot and I'm not 100% convinced I'm keeping the Treo Pro--it's nice just not completely awesome. Same with the 800w. !
    I am guessing you bought Pro unsubsidized? At best buy with no contract? So to keep it involves a $600 purchase? If that is the case your pro will cost you $450 differential more than keeping your 800w, as opposed to if ebaying 800w gets you$150.

For $300 to $450 more for the Pro I myself would keep an 800w.

I think exactly what the experts think, provable by Sprint's own pricing based on expertise and numbers, which is $150 difference makes the call hard.

I agree with Sprint the Pro is probably worth about $150 more. As far as any individual, they can figure out if the things fixed on the Pro are worth that $150 to them
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I am guessing you bought Pro unsubsidized? At best buy with no contract? So to keep it involves a $600 purchase? If that is the case your pro will cost you $450 differential more than keeping your 800w, as opposed to if ebaying 800w gets you$150.
    I was always going to return it, regardless if I liked it or not. If I really liked, I would have returned it and try to buy it on eBay later on for $475 or preferably a lot less.

Taking price out of the equation, my opinion is still the same: I like the Treo Pro, just not all of it. The buttons really annoy me and I miss the Palm tweaks and optimizations.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If I really liked, I would have returned it and try to buy it on eBay later on for $475 or preferably a lot less.
    Resale value is part of the equation for some as well. If 800w is selling on cragslist or ebay for $150 to $175 and Pro for $300,and you are considering a Pre getting that makes up for the price differential on the 800vPro right there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12