Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I check my credit statement on the web just now and Sprint still had not refund me my money for the Pro.

I didnt call them the other day when they leave me a message to say my order had been cancelled. They did give me $25 credit.

This is a joke or what? They are really going to hang onto my money?

This is fraud.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Have you tried talking to Sprint about it yet?
    Did they bill it to your account? If they did, the credit may not show up until next bill...and depending on how your billing cycle falls may not show up until the bill after that.

IE:
    Your billing cycle is from the 1st to the 31st. You purchase the phone on the 15th of Jan. Sprint bills for Feb's bill. They promise the refund, and credit it on Feb 2nd. Now you show a charge on Feb's bill, but won't see the credit until March.

Clear as mud?
    Last edited by Ebag333; 02/10/2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    No what I mean is that I bill it to Discover. I since have not seen the refund back to Discover.

Usually refund you see it in a few days on our credit card right?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Have you tried talking to Sprint about it yet?
    ???????
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    No what I mean is that I bill it to Discover. I since have not seen the refund back to Discover.

Usually refund you see it in a few days on our credit card right?
    Not necessarily, I have had credit take as long as 2 weeks to reflect.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Not necessarily, I have had credit take as long as 2 weeks to reflect.
    Yup, I've had the same experience before. Seems the charges always show up rather quickly though .

But Chong67 needs to speak directly with Sprint, so he knows for certain they've already applied the credit, or whether they somehow forgot and need to make it happen.
    You don't have to worry about it. Worse comes to worse you can call Discover and dispute the charge They will remove the charge and any interest billed immediately and give Sprint 60 or so days to respond to the dispute, which they won't. I'd bet they might even tell you that the charge has been removed already. The number to call is on the back of the card.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You don't have to worry about it. Worse comes to worse you can call Discover and dispute the charge They will remove the charge and any interest billed immediately and give Sprint 60 or so days to respond to the dispute, which they won't. I'd bet they might even tell you that the charge has been removed already. The number to call is on the back of the card.
    Disputing the charge is a bad idea in this case. Sprint will consider that he owes them the money, and they will eventually shut off his service (not to mention all the late fees, etc that he will rack up in the process).

Disputing the charge is fine if it's a one time deal or a company you're not planning on working with again, but that's not the case here.

Chong needs to call Sprint and work it out. Not dispute the charge. Trust me on this one, it will only cause more harm than good.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    ???????
    No I have have not. I been very busy.

But not busy to get on this forum.

In the same time it takes to make a comment here, you could log into SprintPCS.com and send a message to Sprint e-care asking them about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Disputing the charge is a bad idea in this case. Sprint will consider that he owes them the money, and they will eventually shut off his service (not to mention all the late fees, etc that he will rack up in the process).

Disputing the charge is fine if it's a one time deal or a company you're not planning on working with again, but that's not the case here.

Chong needs to call Sprint and work it out. Not dispute the charge. Trust me on this one, it will only cause more harm than good.
    You are right, but that's why I said "worse comes to worse" meaning that in the long run, he's not going to have to worry about it. This is not a charge on his Sprint bill, this is a charge on his credit card so he's not going to loose the money or interest. Yes, he has to give Sprint time first.
    In the same time it takes to make a comment here, you could log into SprintPCS.com and send a message to Sprint e-care asking them about this.
    Best answer yet.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I've disputed charges on my credit card with Sprint and they made me a premiere customer!

Seriously it used to be if they accidentally sent you a double order they would not credit you for up to 10 weeks. I had them double an order for two phones sending me four . I had called two days after order to get a tracking number, telesales could not find a tracking number, said order did not go through and reordered, I got two handsets on wednesday and two on thursday. My son had signed the UP, and keeping them in the same box telesales said, no problem, emailed me a ups return and I put them in ups on Frday. five weeks later they had still not processed the return despite my having ups tracking.they said the tracking was not proof but that all returns had to go through a process and this took up to "ten weeks." I had an extrea $1500 due on my amex that day and Sprint was saying I had to wait five weeks. I contacted Amex and they told me sprint could not do that and had to resolve a return which they had in hand in days not months. They removed it from my charges and I never heard a peep from Sprint because their time frames for returns are not kosher. I actually would not have a right to dispute if I waited too long/

Disputing charges is a very wise thing to do if a phone call doesn't get immediate satisfaction. It lights a fire under sellers butts when they are very happy to sit on your money. It is better to dispute immediately, a s credit card companies want you to and you may lose right to dispute charges after some time

But chong's device never shipped. I bet a 10 minute call to telsales would clear this up immediately.

I love your posts. Really. Tehy are better than my typos and spelling. I can't figure out if you are working on a routine or what.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I knew it!

They refund my money back to my phone account. So now I am stuck with a credit of more than $350 and a bill to pay on my credit card? No way hosea!

They have to call me within 3-5 biz day so I can get credit back to my cc.

Did it happen to you this way?

Before I hang up, I ask the lady about the Treo Pro and she have no idea and she ask me to check Sprint website.
    I knew it!

They refund my money back to my phone account. So now I am stuck with a credit of more than $350 and a bill to pay on my credit card? No way hosea!

They have to call me within 3-5 biz day so I can get credit back to my cc.

Did it happen to you this way?

Before I hang up, I ask the lady about the Treo Pro and she have no idea and she ask me to check Sprint website.
    AT&T did the same thing to me when I bought and returned the Fuze (Touch Pro) in January. I paid by credit card and they refunded the money to my wireless account. Of course they won't let you charge a phone to your account so I'm not sure what sense it makes to refund it like that.
    They should refund to the means they were paid. I think Chong67 is right to demand they refund his credit card.

But:
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Of course they won't let you charge a phone to your account so I'm not sure what sense it makes to refund it like that.
    Oh yes they will let you charge a phone to your account. That's how got my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I went to the Sprint store, picked it up, THEY ASKED ME if I wanted it charged to my account. (I didn't ask first.) I said yes and it was on my next bill. I had the device for weeks before actually having to pay them for it.
    They should refund to the means they were paid. I think Chong67 is right to demand they refund his credit card.

But:

Oh yes they will let you charge a phone to your account. That's how got my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I went to the Sprint store, picked it up, THEY ASKED ME if I wanted it charged to my account. (I didn't ask first.) I said yes and it was on my next bill. I had the device for weeks before actually having to pay them for it.
    I meant that AT&T won't let you charge a phone to the account.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    But Sprint is wise to put the refund back to my phone account but not good for me. I think this charging and uncharging cause Sprint money right?
    yes they save money that way. what happened with your phone call, email to ecare or ecare chat with them -- or is it still pending having 5 minutes to spare?

the are some cases where it is difficult for them to refund a debit card, but refunds to a credit card are never ever impossible and have to be done if you ask. have you asked yet?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    First they say no and then I explain to them that I need to pay my credit card and it takes me 10 months to finish that credit on Sprint. So they are working on it and I got a case # for it and they will call me back in 3 business days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast