Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would have asked to be connected straight to RETENTIONS and told them either close all my lines or affirm now they will refund my credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    First they say no and then I explain to them that I need to pay my credit card and it takes me 10 months to finish that credit on Sprint. So they are working on it and I got a case # for it and they will call me back in 3 business days.
    If you paid with your CC, and they refunded the same amount to your phone account, you have a valid claim to dispute the charges on your CC. Once they charged your card, they contractually commiteed to provide you a product or service. When they fail to deliver the goods, then they need to refund to your CC. If they don't do that, then they have failed to fulfill their contract. If you explain all of this when you dispute the charge, there should be no problems. There are consumer credit laws in place to prevent this happening. Since they returned the money to your account, have you asked them if you can pay for the phone with that account? If not you would have to pay for the phone again, which means, in effect, Sprint is getting your money twice, once from the original charge and again when you have to pay for the phone again.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Personally, if I had to deal with any hassles disputing it with my CC company, I don't think I'd want continue being a Sprint customer.
    All the phones that I've purchased from Sprint I have paid for on my Sprint account, not a credit card. The main reason is to prevent this same type of situation.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Personally, if I had to deal with any hassles disputing it with my CC company, I don't think I'd want continue being a Sprint customer.
    Darnell,

All is forgiven as the SERO plan is gold.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    All the phones that I've purchased from Sprint I have paid for on my Sprint account, not a credit card. The main reason is to prevent this same type of situation.
    You get additional protection from credit card purchases. You get better buyer protection, better transaction protection, more inherent advocacy if their is problem, often you get an extension on warranty, and in many cases you get some kind of kickback points or credit reducing your real costs. Generally speaking it is almost always better to buy with a credit card.

From sprint ends the relative differences are this: they are more likely to get the money with a credit card and less exposed to consumer fraud or default on debt.. they get the cash in hand essentially immediately. On the downside for them with a credit card they pay a fee and are subject to certain terms beyond their states sales terms.

Sp they are ambitious on how you pay, but for the buyer the situation is almost always better with a credit card.

For example Chong would be stuck amortizing his credit over a up to a year. Imagine if the problem had been credits on two phones Sprint would hold his money for up to 20 months with no interest credited to him (he'd even be taking slim danger of Sprint default to him!)

First they say no and then I explain to them that I need to pay my credit card and it takes me 10 months to finish that credit on Sprint. So they are working on it and I got a case # for it and they will call me back in 3 business days.
    Get to a supervisor. If it wasn't a debit card they are required by law to refund to your CC. I would begin CC dispute now. There is no harm in doing this.
    Last edited by aero; 02/15/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Darnell,

All is forgiven as the SERO plan is gold.
    I agree, the SERO plans are great. The ones I have are the only reason I am still with Sprint.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am just wondering as this is off topic ...

If the price of every carrier in US is almost the same, would you go with 3G or GSM?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I am just wondering as this is off topic ...

If the price of every carrier in US is almost the same, would you go with 3G or GSM?
    I don't think that GSM is the same as 3G. GSM carriers (Tmobile/AT&T) require a SIM card, CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) don't. (Nextel is a world of their own with IDEN). AT&T advertises 3g, as does Sprint. To answer the intent of your question, which is cost, I want the most bang for my buck. For what I need, the Sprint SERO plan offers that, unlimited text/data/messaging and enought minutes for me to talk at $30/month. Once that goes away, I'll go shopping for the best all around plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    To answer the intent of your question, which is cost, I want the most bang for my buck. For what I need, the Sprint SERO plan offers that,
    I think Chong is asking if cost were equal.

If cost were equal or if it were OPM (other people's money) I would go GSM. That is not to take a side in the GSM-CDMA wars but rather because I travel enough to make it worth it if Sprint were not so cheap.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes, if cost is the same, I would go with GSM.

Its just that the rest of the world is GSM.

When people from foreign country comes to USA, they use GSM here.
    If that was the case today, I'd go with UNLOCKED GSM all the way! I'm pretty sick of Sprint and their ugly CDMA brother Verizon disabling device features. My Touch Pro has an FM radio tuner that can't even be used. There's debate over the source, but I feel Sprint had an antenna cable clipped. People have been able to reach the radio via software, but can't get an increase in signal reception. ( ) The lack of good signal reception strength, even when sitting right on top of a radio transmitter leads me to feel Sprint had the Touch Pro's radio tuner clipped at the hardware. And I don't like that even some GSM carriers do various things with their "branded" devices. So I'd be doing unlocked GSM and happily paying that extra price for the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If that was the case today, I'd go with UNLOCKED GSM all the way! I'm pretty sick of Sprint and their ugly CDMA brother Verizon disabling device features. My Touch Pro has an FM radio tuner that can't even be used. There's debate over the source, but I feel Sprint had an antenna cable clipped. People have been able to reach the radio via software, but can't get an increase in signal reception. ( ) The lack of good signal reception strength, even when sitting right on top of a radio transmitter leads me to feel Sprint had the Touch Pro's radio tuner clipped at the hardware. And I don't like that even some GSM carriers do various things with their "branded" devices. So I'd be doing unlocked GSM and happily paying that extra price for the device.
    I agree. I prefer AT&T to VZW/Sprint because of the ability to use unlocked/unbranded devices. Even the AT&T branded phones I've owned (Moto KRZR K1, Moto Q9h) have been able to be customized and registry edited thanks to active modding communities - e.g. we were able to get the official WM 6.1 ROM for the Moto Q9h a few weeks ahead of the official release. AT&T locks down their devices nearly as much as VZW and adds a ton of bloatware. I've had a couple of unbranded devices before but I'm excited to see how the GSM TP runs with none of the AT&T crap or limitations on the phone.
    If cost was the same I would go with unlocked GSM.

Its not though and I save over $1000 per year with my 4 lines of Sprint service over what I would pay at ATT.

Also ATT does not have 3G around here and coverage is spotty. Sprint has the best coverage where I live and at the end of the day that is what is most important.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    If cost was the same I would go with unlocked GSM.
    Its not though and I save over $1000 per year with my 4 lines of Sprint service over what I would pay at ATT. .
    stop agreeing with me!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I finally got my refund credited to my cc. They didnt even call me after 3 days.

BUT its less than what I paid for!

01/22/09SPRINT *WIRELESS SVCS 800-639-6111 CO $ 374.49

02/20/09 SPRINT *NEXTEL-CS 800-639-6111 VA $ -362.36

I got a short-fall ripoff of ($12.13)!

A quick call to Sprint just now and put me on hold and quick verify said it was an error and now I got credit of $12.68, so a win fall profit of .55 cents.

You do the math. No wonder we are in a financial crisis.

Is it ketchup or catsup?
    Last edited by chong67; 02/21/2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Your story is why I will never be giving Sprint my CC # again. I will always have them charge my account and never will I be buying ahead of release.

Anyway, calling Sprint eventually straightened things out, but their handling of this shows how desperate they are to hold a buck.
    Sprint still bleeding badly, loses 1.3 million subscribers in Q4 2008
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I read somewhere one time that Sprint plan is alright but please do not deal with the CSR.

Do you know every month I get 2 extra copies of the statement in my mail box?

I am too afraid to tell them and they might screw up my account!
    I read somewhere one time that Sprint plan is alright but please do not deal with the CSR.

Do you know every month I get 2 extra copies of the statement in my mail box?

I am too afraid to tell them and they might screw up my account!
    I stopped having Sprint weigh me down with paper a while back. I take e-statements that I backup to DVD. The only paper mail I get from Sprint are their promotions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12