1.    #1  
    My 800w has Voice Command enabled but it doesn't seem to be working.

I press the side button and no microphone appears as the manual says it should.

If I hold the side button in long enough, the "Note" feature opens and I have the opportunity to record a voice notation.

Anyone know how to get the Voice Command working properly so I can voice dial my contacts?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    (sorry, I didn't see you had already enabled it).You have to turn it on in the control panel. Settings - personal - Voice Command - check "enabled".

Also, there's no quick press side button mapping. It's a press-and-hold, which yours is set to record a voice note. Go to settings - personal - buttons, and remap the "hold side" to "Voice Command" and it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    (sorry, I didn't see you had already enabled it).You have to turn it on in the control panel. Settings - personal - Voice Command - check "enabled".

Also, there's no quick press side button mapping. It's a press-and-hold, which yours is set to record a voice note. Go to settings - personal - buttons, and remap the "hold side" to "Voice Command" and it should work.

Right on.. I also needed to enable it and then remap the side button to activate. Prior to the remap the only way I could use Voice Command was thru my BT headset.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    I also remapped it to my side button.

Vastly more useful than a voice recorder, IMHO.