1.    #1  
    I am getting a 700wx (Verizon) in the next couple of days and I plan on upgrading the WM5 to WM6, possibly 6.1. My question is, what is the best 6.1 rom for this phone? So far I think it is the one listed on here: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134 WM6.1 Rom for Treo 700wx - Finally! - xda-developers[/url]
    If this ROM causes problems with my phone, would I be able to downgrade it to the official 1.24 WM6.0 ROM?
    Is there anything that I should know about upgrading, anything I should do first? I have read the instructions and I believe that I know the procedure well enough to upgrade.
    Anyone using 6.1 and have any difficulties with it on the 700wx, please let me know.
    Thanks!
    I flashed to WM 6.1 (Release 1.3) on my Sprint 700wx from WM5 (1.15) last night. It is the first time I've played with a custom rom. Everything went very smoothly and the phone appears to be very stable. So far I've only set up my Active Sync to my corp exchange server and installed Flexmail 4.01. I'm just monitoring the stability and memory of the phone and I'll gradually add one app at a time.

A few tips:
    1) take your time.
    2) fully charge the battery before you start
    3) format the sd card to FAT32 (if you don't have a card reader or have trouble formatting from your pc download a trial version of Pocket Mechanic and you can format directly from the phone, this is what I did.)
    4) Follow nightraven's directions to the tee and you'll be enjoying WM6.1.
    Last edited by untarded; 02/10/2009 at 10:44 PM.
    I have tried a few times to upgrade but for whatever reason cannot get my phone to recognize the new rom. Card is FAT32, file is rename as indicated in the thread, but no luck. Phone searches for rom but does not recognize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    I have tried a few times to upgrade but for whatever reason cannot get my phone to recognize the new rom. Card is FAT32, file is rename as indicated in the thread, but no luck. Phone searches for rom but does not recognize it.
    What file renaming are you doing? None is actually required. What you want to to have only the Napaboth.nbo file on the card and then continue from there.
    I have a brand new 1gb card, formatted FAT32 with that file on there and nothing else. I have tried just copying the file straight without renaming it (to napaboth.nbo) and I still get the same result. It searches for a few seconds, then gives me the "ROM image not found on SD card" message.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    I have a brand new 1gb card, formatted FAT32 with that file on there and nothing else. I have tried just copying the file straight without renaming it (to napaboth.nbo) and I still get the same result. It searches for a few seconds, then gives me the "ROM image not found on SD card" message.
    I have the VZW phone and a 2GB SD Card, but regardless it should be the same.
    All I did was insert the SD card into my PC (I have Vista). Went to My Computer, Right Clicked on the Drive letter assigned for my SD card, clicked to "Format", Clicked FAT32 and Quick Format and then OK to do the process. Added the .nb0 file to the card when that was done. Put the SD card in my 700wx. Took out the battery. Held up on the Volume, inserted the battery, when the update screen came up, i let go of the up volume button and pressed up on the direction pad, and it updated flawlessly.
    You guys are not starting out with the Sprint SD card update...

Read the first message in the rom upgrade thread and it tells you about getting the sprint SD rom upgrade and removing the radio files then replacing the napaboth.nbo file with the custom one...

You MUST have all the files on the rom otherwise it will NOT recognize it as a Rom upgrade... This includes the weird folder with its files and everything.

As the first message said in that thread you only remove the radio files and replace the napaboth.nb0 file with the custom one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    You guys are not starting out with the Sprint SD card update...

Read the first message in the rom upgrade thread and it tells you about getting the sprint SD rom upgrade and removing the radio files then replacing the napaboth.nbo file with the custom one...

You MUST have all the files on the rom otherwise it will NOT recognize it as a Rom upgrade... This includes the weird folder with its files and everything.

As the first message said in that thread you only remove the radio files and replace the napaboth.nb0 file with the custom one.
    Well, no...

As it turns out you ONLY need the NapaBoth.nb0 file. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134. Post 109, among others, specifies this and I've personally done it this way.

You must, though, select the proper NapaBoth.nb0 for your phone (Sprint, Verizon, etc.).

Also, it does not need to be the only file on the card, but while having other unrelated files on the card works, it is probably not advisable. I do it for convenience's sake, but I really don't recommend it.
    I performed this exact upgrade and it has worked like a charm. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. The phone is so much faster as well. The only downside is the increased program memory usage, but it seems to be only around 7-10 MB additional from what I can remember of the WM5 version. Now I can use my 8GB SD card without any special drivers and such. Works great. Anyone who has a Treo700 should think about doing this upgrade. But as posted be sure to pick the one for your carrier or you'll be sorry.