Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I know the volume resetting each time you make a phone call is noted as a bug.
    Is there any possible solution?
    Can someone write a script that sets it back to where it should be each time you make a call?
    Isaacl, that is a bug. Only debate is who you feel blame for the bug falls on. There's various views on that. Some blame Microsoft, since it's been an issue with some other (but not all) WM devices. Some blame Palm, because Palm didn't make a work around so 800w owners would not experience that bug.

I do know, I've never found a fix for it in the 800w. Although if you search this forum you'll find plenty of people have tried hard to resolve it, but nobody knows a fix. When I had an 800w, I spent a good number of nights hunting through MS Technet pages about the WM registry and never found a fix. My Sprint HTC Touch Pro does not have that issue and also runs WM 6.1. So it is an issue that can be resolved. (And I've never heard anyone with a Palm Treo Pro claiming to have any BT volume issues. Maybe someone can pull a fix for the 800w from the Treo Pro...)

And the 800w BT volume issues run deeper. Because you can't adjust volume when using utilities such as acbToggleBT. While with other WM devices such as the Touch Pro, the volume can be adjusted.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I checked, and saw the bug in the bug list.
    But why can't a script be written to raise the volume back to where it's supposed to be?
    Also, are there any programs for sending audio to a BT headset that you can adjust the colume with?
    Try this post:
    General - **Fixed : Bluetooth Low Audio Volume Problem - PPCGeeks

Dunno if it works or not. Can you test it, and if it does indeed function I can add it as a workaround.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link.
    I downloaded it, and I'm gonna try it.
    The only thing I don't like is that it's the first version - they don't always work correctly...
    The code in that Mortscript is as follows:
    IsPhoneActive = 0
    Initialized = 1
    RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "BTAudioCall",14 )
    Message ("Audio Volume Fix is Active", "BTAudioVolumeFix")

While (Initialized = 1)
    Sleep (6000)
    RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "BTAudioCall",14 )
    EndWhile
    Like the creator of the script said, it's using a loop to keep the value set. And you can see the While loop in the code. (Since they preset the "Initialized" value, is that an infinite loop? And is it just a 6 second wait that the "sleep" function invokes?) It's a registry edit. If it works, good they found it, although I don't know how good or bad having that loop is. I'm not very well versed on Mortscript.
    A loop like that will make basically zero difference in the functionality of the phone.

If it was less than a second, then you might notice it. But that's about what it'd take.
    I guess the KEY is to set the value repeatedly. The registry key looks familiar, but I guess nobody else figured it out because it has to keep being set. Well I hope it works for you folks. I'd still like to know how the Treo Pro does it. That would probably be portable to the 800w.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I tried it once or twice (I will continue using it and report back), and it seemed to take out that drop once the call was connected, but I still had to push the volume up a bit to the max (or so it seemed).
    Did anyone else try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    ...but I still had to push the volume up a bit to the max (or so it seemed).
    Give it a try a bit more to be certain. But from what the developer said, it should be at max already. So if you're pushing volume up and not already at max it does not sound like it's working.
    You may need to hit the button once for it to "reset" itself and recognize the registry change.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Is there any workaround to add something like that in, so it should do it automatically?
    BTW, did anybody check out my thread about the IMAP pusher service?
    I think it should be added to the FAQ.
    Then again, maybe I'm biased...
    I don't think so. Nothing that I've seen at least will do that.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Did you see my thread about IMAP pusher?
    Yup, trying it now.