Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by azkevman; 02/09/2009 at 12:37 PM.
    Anyone tried it yet?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Anyone tried it yet?
    More info on it here:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/google-rele...windows-mobile

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Anyone tried it yet?
    I am trying it out now...I have a few clean up issues from importing my contacts from windows live to gmail....but that was expected.

I am testing out the push sync capabilities on the calendar and contacts as well and will post my results
  5.    #5  
    Anyone tried it yet?
    Timing is as expected using EAS. Calendar and contact additions and changes sync right away both ways.

Luckily for me connecting to my work Exchange server is not a priority...so this is the final piece that I have been waiting for to convince me to switch entirely to gmail.

Too bad MS is behind the ball on calendar mobile sync.
    I have already been syncing to Google using GooSync so I am afraid that if I change over to Google Sync everything will get doubled up. I already know I will have to delete my local wired active sync partnerships and start new ones again if I add an Exchange protocol sync. Also Goosync made a complete mess of my contacts if they did not have a name and only a company name. Now that I have that fixed I only over write my Gmail contacts using Goosync instead of syncing. I'm not sure if the problem was GooSync or Gmail contacts?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    If you are using enterprise exchange server for work, do you need to remove that in order to sync with Google? I don't see where in ActiveSync I can add a second server-based option...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    If you are using enterprise exchange server for work, do you need to remove that in order to sync with Google? I don't see where in ActiveSync I can add a second server-based option...
    Unfortunately yes. The google sync option utilizes the Exchange Active Sync method, which only allows for one configured server. For those who sync with a work exchange server the new google mobile sync will be of little use. 3rd party sync apps such as goosync, oggsync, nuevasync, etc... will still have to be used.
    Nice to see google realize microsoft exchange is the standard...

Hopefully they will get it out of beta before 2020. lol

Personally, I will still pay sherweb.com ... I'm cheap but not s t u p i d .
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    It does not seem to do anything that Nuevasync did not already do.

I tried it but had some issues which I reported to Google regarding all day events appearing on the wrong day on my phone.
    is there anything that has to be downloaded for this to work
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Tried it just to sync my contacts, and it worked fine.
    Just follow the instructions on the site.
    It uses ActiveSync, which is part of WinMo.
    Curious if this can be used for pushing email...
    I use a different solution, so I didn't try it.
    anyone have security concerns with all of your contacts and schedule information right out there?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25 View Post
    is there anything that has to be downloaded for this to work
    No download required...just enter the settings in Active Sync on the phone to point to google's server
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    anyone have security concerns with all of your contacts and schedule information right out there?
    Exchange Active Sync is used by numerous enterprises and should pose less security threats than other possible 3rd parties might
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Curious if this can be used for pushing email...
    I use a different solution, so I didn't try it.
    Currently they are only offering Calendar and Contact sync
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    I have concerns with Google having access to all that information, that's for sure. I'll stick with my exchange provider.
    My Treo 800w has been acting funny since i installed it -- the address search box shows random information, I have to soft reset it to get it to behave. Any ideas?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I have concerns with Google having access to all that information, that's for sure. I'll stick with my exchange provider.
    But you don't have any concerns with your third party exchange provider having the info? I'll never get why people think google cares when you have to pick up your dry cleaning or what your mistress' phone number is.

As for the service, it does the exact same thing that us NuevaSync followers have been promoting around here, only it doesn't do it as well. Multiple calendars are not working on WinMo, even if you change your brower user-agent to the iPhone to select them. For that reason I am sticking with NuevaSync as it does the exact same thing but actually works for multiple calendars.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I tried it but had some issues which I reported to Google regarding all day events appearing on the wrong day on my phone.
    I have also noticed this. Several users have reported it in the google mobile forum....so hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast