Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Well I for one have lurked over the last few weeks in anticipation of the STP release. I dont have much to say otherwise so I havent posted here much. My 700wx has served its usefull life and I am ready for a new phone. That said I like the Treo form factor and want to stick with WM. So the Pro is the phone I am looking at. The Pre looks interesting but I don't want to make the switch from WM. Before I knew the Pro was coming out I briefly entertained getting a Touch Pro. I check this and the other forums daily looking for news. I wonder how many other people do the same? Just because a section of the forum doesn't get a lot of posts doesn't mean there isn't interest although I agree the delays aren't helping any. Just my 2 cents

Craig
    <<Edited by Berd>>

Teh Treo pro bugs in GSM have garnered little interst for reasons we know:
    It is unsubsidized GSM of a US company. unsubsidized GSM would have few buyers in the US. GSM of US makers woudl be less overseas, and not everyone overseas reads and writes English. Teh relevent uerbase on the GSM woudl be very samll here.

The Treo pro in CDMA is not out. The prerelease that escaped into the wild was VERY favorbly compared to the 800w witg one exception whcih a) may not be a problme fortypcial users and b) for all we knwo is the casue of the deay while it is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I just find it very odd that to prove interest in a device, you cite lack of community posting, comments, feedback and excitement.
    Did I say that proves interest? No.

I said lack of postings on problems be a an explanation for less of problems.

But do think Palm and Sprint spending 20 to 50 million dollars on the Pro proves interest in the Pro! They even clearly just bought half a million in print adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    And this "delay" is really killing any momentum that the STP might have had...
    I doubt it has any any effect. I really really think this is more an effect of living following the bleeding edge of technology. and can cause a myopia. ( I do NOT mean that personally, I think it effects all readers of forums such as these, and people who are editors even more)

Seriously do you think even 5% of the cell phone buying public even knows there is such thing as the Pre never mind the Pro?

Mal you went out and BOUGHT a pre-release pro at BB some time ago? Why? Was it Sprints adverting? I will venture you were curious. OK you and what 20 other guys?Your point of view, and to some lesser degree others here,, are not the same as everyone else's.

The Pro will be should not on hype or buzz just like the 800w wasn't. It will be sold because it is the latest WM with a certain form factor.

Sprint employees, especially techs, have been tuning people away from 800w due to problems. They will either promote the Pro or not. That and considerations of institutional buyers will be what works or doesn't.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/09/2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Berd and others. Did not mean to be negative, but ideed was an observation.
    Dont know what I will do if faced with S TP was released today. Will I get it or wait for Pre. Really.

I personally didn't think it was meant to be negative. We all have our opinions. IMO and I agree with what was already stated, the STP even though it's an improvement over the 800w is probably not going to do well given it's eventual release around the same time as the Pre. This may change when it is released and people see what it is about but right it seems like most of Palm's/Sprint's resouces are into promoting the Pre. I could be dead wrong (and I'm sure someone will tell me that I am ) but these observation don't go unseen.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 1kwik72 View Post
    Well I for one have lurked over the last few weeks in anticipation of the STP release. I dont have much to say otherwise so I havent posted here much. My 700wx has served its usefull life and I am ready for a new phone. That said I like the Treo form factor and want to stick with WM. So the Pro is the phone I am looking at. The Pre looks interesting but I don't want to make the switch from WM. Before I knew the Pro was coming out I briefly entertained getting a Touch Pro. I check this and the other forums daily looking for news. I wonder how many other people do the same? Just because a section of the forum doesn't get a lot of posts doesn't mean there isn't interest although I agree the delays aren't helping any. Just my 2 cents

Craig
    I'm sure there are others that don't post much that probably feel the same way. I personally went from the POS to WM and now that I've gotten to like the WM platform I am more than likely sticking with it for a long while. There are companies out there that may continue with WM because its a tested platform and it may take quite some time before the WEBOS is up to that standard.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    I quit reading this thread after about the 4th post edited by berd. WTF I know what a moderator is but I've never seen a forum where someone edits someone elses posts. I like what the moderator has to say most of the time but shouldn't others be able to say pretty much what they want. I don't feel the need to be protected from others opinions. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I quit reading this thread after about the 4th post edited by berd. WTF I know what a moderator is but I've never seen a forum where someone edits someone elses posts. I like what the moderator has to say most of the time but shouldn't others be able to say pretty much what they want. I don't feel the need to be protected from others opinions. Thanks.
    Berdinkerdickle is taking the path that is less drastic. I honestly appreciate Berdinkerdickle taking the effort to edit instead of locking down this thread.

Things can get a little heated around here at times and Berdinkerdickle is trying to maintain the calm and keep things on topic.
    I'm sorry if you don't understand the history.
    Edits were not to protect, Edits were to remove forum violations.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...uncements.html

The other option is to close threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    So to sum up:

- The 800w is crap and the Treo Pro will be a huge seller! Anybody who says otherwise is either wrong, duplicitous, or both!
    - The 800w is just fine and the Treo Pro isn't going to do much better! Anybody who says otherwise is either wrong, duplicitous, or both!

- The 800w didn't sell well at all, they replaced it with the Treo Pro! Anybody who says otherwise is either wrong, duplicitous, or both!
    - The 800w sold just fine, part of the normal product cycle! Anybody who says otherwise is either wrong, duplicitous, or both!

- The 800w's [insert problem here] is a result of poor design and anybody who likes it is clearly idiotic!
    - The 800w's [insert problem here] is a result of trade-offs that always happen with smartphones and anybody who hates on them has an axe to grind!

All of the above debates are of SMALL MATTER and definitely do not rise to the level of vitriol, baiting, attacks, and whatever else they've received. All of these personal attacks -- subtle and not-so-subtle -- need to stop. Now.

If you want to discuss any of the above, great. Doing so with any attempts to attack, bait, insult, or otherwise bend or break forum rules will no longer be tolerated.
    Dieter has kindly asked us to Stop Rehashing the same ol debates in thread after thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Berdinkerdickle is taking the path that is less drastic. I honestly appreciate Berdinkerdickle taking the effort to edit instead of locking down this thread.

Things can get a little heated around here at times and Berdinkerdickle is trying to maintain the calm and keep things on topic.
    I'm sure this is off topic. Probably should have started a new thread?

I respect Berdinkerdickle as moderator and I am a fan of this forum and the podcasts. But obvioulsly, if I feel the posts should not be modfied by people other than the OP I would also certainly vote not to have the threads competely locked down. Why have a forum then? Why don't we just all read what a couple of you want us to read. Guess I better review the guidelines. I just don't see the need to be perfectly "on topic" all the time. Seems pretty subjective to me.
    Guess I better review the guidelines.
    Yea, that would be a good idea.
    I'm sure this is off topic. Probably should have started a new thread?

I respect Berdinkerdickle as moderator and I am a fan of this forum and the podcasts. But obvioulsly, if I feel the posts should not be modfied by people other than the OP I would also certainly vote not to have the threads competely locked down. Why have a forum then? Why don't we just all read what a couple of you want us to read. Guess I better review the guidelines. I just don't see the need to be perfectly "on topic" all the time. Seems pretty subjective to me.
    I guess I could PM the one individual to please edit the post that caused the other individual to respond, who now needs to edit their post about the other persons post, who responded to the response of the response, and so on.

I'm not here for that.

Honestly,
    After I got done cleaning out the OT, Rehashed crap out of yet another thread, I decided I'm tired of it.
    I can only conclude with quoting someone who said it better:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    any attempts to attack, bait, insult, or otherwise bend or break forum rules will no longer be tolerated.
    Just call me Berd.
    Sorry guys.

I really wish we could discuss some of these topics without going back to:

The 800 is a Piece of Junk, it's a bug filed dud.
    The Pro is here to bury it.
    Here is my Proof!

No, you're wrong!
    The Pro isn't anything worthy of consideration.
    It's not going be what the 800 bashers have been hoping for.
    Here is my Proof!

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12