1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    This is something that has never happended before on any device. The black handle of the stylus broke off, it is really strange as I very rearely use the stylus.

Oh well! I just ordered a pair from the Treo Store.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Your Stylus Broke?

Say it isn't so!
    Oh the tragedy

Na,
    I'm just you.

I had my stylus break on my 750.
    I try my hardest to find ways to not use the stylus.
    I like touch screen devices, I just don't want to have to use a stylus.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,
    Berd.
    Just call me Berd.
    My stylus broke too around the time the cracks appeared on my Pro. Here is the kicker. I hardly ever used the stylus. One day I removed it to do a reset and same thing that happened to you happened to me. I received a replacement Pro (due to cracks) with a new stylus. I saw on XDA a trick to fix the stylus on the Pro. It involves glue, needles and lots of heat. Good luck.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Your Stylus Broke?

Say it isn't so!
    Oh the tragedy

Na,
    I'm just you.

I had my stylus break on my 750.
    I try my hardest to find ways to not use the stylus.
    I like touch screen devices, I just don't want to have to use a stylus.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,
    Berd.
    LOL, Berd, you are a riot. Thanks for your "non-sympathy"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPalmer View Post
    My stylus broke too around the time the cracks appeared on my Pro. Here is the kicker. I hardly ever used the stylus. One day I removed it to do a reset and same thing that happened to you happened to me. I received a replacement Pro (due to cracks) with a new stylus. I saw on XDA a trick to fix the stylus on the Pro. It involves glue, needles and lots of heat. Good luck.
    Thanks, in a way I feel good that it didn't just happen to me.

The repair sound complicated besides I already lost the handle.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Palm does sell extras.......
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    Palm does sell extras.......
    Yes as does the Treo Store. I have ordered a pair, will get it Tuesday
    I wonder if it is more of that defective plastic has been using. My styluii are pretty stout......
    My stylus is very solid, and I can't see it breaking in the near future... Maybe Palm doesn't have the best manufacturing process. I'm lucky, the power button on my T|X is very intact, and there has been no problem with mine, unlike others.
    Treo Pro ROCKS! I am a lucky one to have one. XPS M1730s ROCK!! (I wish I had one!) My laptop ROCKS! (Even though it isn't an M1730)
    What should have been solid aluminium is 3 pieces instead.

Yes it will break easily.
    Just get a few OEM spares, dont shell out the $10 apiece for originals (I was quite shocked about this ripoff) - they are no better.
    The stylus on my old 650 is indestructable. I once killed a mountain lion out in the hills once when he tried to make me a snack
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I owned the damn thing for about 1 hour and suddenly the handle of the stylus just broke off while I was holing it.
    Anyway, I picked up a couple new ones from ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    The stylus on my old 650 is indestructable. I once killed a mountain lion out in the hills once when he tried to make me a snack
    A friendly mountain lion makes you a sandwich and you kill it? For shame, KJ...