Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I read the whole thread about doing the headphone mod.
    Problem is that I have never soldered before, and don't want to experiment now.
    Are there any who are experienced in this area who would be willing to do the mod for me, if I send them the necessary materials?
    Thanks!!
    Might be useful to know what area you're in....

(Wow. The winking smiley is incredibly lame. )
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Central NJ.
    United States
    I'll ship the parts to somebody, but good point - I had in mind someone in the US.
    Any volunteers?
    Don't all shout at once
    I'd do it, but paying for shipping both ways is likely to not be cheap (I'm west coast).

See if Mal will do it for you in all his free time, he's NY, NY.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Mal -
    Any chance?
    Ebag - Thanks for the offer.
    If Mal can't do it, I will take you up on it.
    Thanks a lot!!
    Anybody in or around Houston, TX that can help me?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    i'm in Houston----whats this about the headphone mod? i'm needing a decent compatible bluetooth headset with my 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piehole View Post
    i'm in Houston----whats this about the headphone mod? i'm needing a decent compatible bluetooth headset with my 800w.
    Its wired solution since Palm didnt release compatible adapter and none of manufactures put their money (for good reason as Treo pro is replacing Treo 800w next month). So guys like me end up in situation where A2DP is not good option as there is none of bluetooth headphone as good as wired one. And hence someone posted on this forum a hack. Since I am newbie at solding etc and none of my local radioshack would do it for me I am looking for someone for help.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Mal?
    You around?
    Ebag, I'm in Southern California so shipping to you would be not too bad. I tried the mod on mine and it didn't work. I have another set of headphones that I haven't messed with.

If I send you all the parts, would you do it for me? I'll pay you.
    No payment needed. Check your PM.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Sorry Ebag...
    Look what I started...
    Well only two so far. Ain't too bad.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    As long as I can get mine in before production starts...
    Now we'll know you've had enough when you edit your earlier post