1.    #1  
    I am having a sporadic issue with Active synce and I am not sure if it belongs here or in the software but because I didn't have this issue on my 750 which ran winmo I think it might be unique to the Pro.

I am using active sync with Exchange on my company's server. Most of the time everything works great. However, occassionally, I will notice that I haven't received any emails in a while and when I bring up the active sync application it shows the "broken icon" that indicates it is not connected and there is a message that says the same. When I click on details it says something to the effect of I don't have permission to sync with the server. But when I soft reset my TP everything works fine. If I don't soft reset and try to force an active sync the message again says I have an issue.

Clearly, it is not a permission issue because the soft reset resolves the issue. I don't think it is hardware because generally hardware issue don't come and go but remain constant. Therefore I would assume it is either a software issue or TP firmware issue but I am really at a loss.

Does anybody have any ideas or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Is it Sprint or GSM?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Is it Sprint or GSM?
    Sorry--

GSM unlocked, on AT&T network almost exclusively in 3G coverage in North Los Angeles.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Can your company allow you use Microsoft Push Technology to get your email?

I rather use that cause its wireless.

Push is better than POP3 or SMTP.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Can your company allow you use Microsoft Push Technology to get your email?

I rather use that cause its wireless.

Push is better than POP3 or SMTP.
    That is what I am using, that is what this post is about. I am supposed to get (and usually do get) emails as they arrive instantly. Our exchange server has this built into it.

For some reason I get that permission error at times.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Then the Exchange Server is not configured right. Ask the admin.

My company initially had problem with the ES2007 too and they had to ask the Microsoft tech people to look at it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  7.    #7  
    If the exchange server were not configured correctly then wouldn't I have had problems with my old device (Treo 750)--and also why does it work fine most of the time and always works fine after a soft reset? I would assume it has something to do with the device itself. That doesn't sound like a server issue to me. If the server was configured incorrectly wouldn't it always not work? Am I missing something?