1.    #1  
    Dear Sir,

Im testing Flexmail, enjoying it. I set one account and I set on global settings to make a sound alert when new email comes.

IT WORKS using IMAP idle!

However, if I hit the Red button on my treo to "put it idle" (the click and date appears on the screen), then I stop getting alerts. Is this normal?

Thanks,
    Marcio
    Shouldn't be.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm, I wrote Flexmail and they say this happens to some devices, that they are powered down when they go to screen saver. Are you sure it shouldnt happen on Treo Pro?

Ive had to keep mine without screen saver, always actively on. And then the problem is since I dont lock it, keys get accidently hit.

Thanks.

regards,
    Marcio
    Works ok on my Treo Pro but periodically it loses connection or shutdown by itself. Used Flex Mail for 2 weeks but removed it - too slow, bloated and buggy even on latest 4.1beta.
    I have the screen saver on and still receive mail notifications. I guess I am lucky. It is a little slow at times I agree but I am pretty pleased with the push email with Gmail Imap.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    It likes memory and so on the Touch Pro it rocks.
    I paid for FlexMail and still removed it. It's just no good.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  8.    #8  
    Guys,

How to use Gmail IMAP account, in what program you set it up?

Also, whats a good IMAP IDLE client then?

Thanks!
    I believe (really do) that the application being discussed is one of 2 or so applications that are capable of doing GMail IMAP. Within the Flexmail setup there is a setting to guide the user through setting up a GMail IMAP account.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, bclinger.

on this site http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma..._treo_pro.html i found this

The Treo Pro sports some -- but strangely, not all -- of the Palm's enhancements to Windows Mobile. My favorite new feature made its debut on the Treo 800w: the screensaver. When the screen is off, you can have the Treo Pro display the date, time, and a few alerts. There's no backlight on and it takes very little power. However, like with the D-Pad voicemail indicator, there's weird omissions here. The screen saver only shows missed calls and unread text messages, not voicemail or email

So it seems when it locks keyboard and shows the screen saver, it doesnt get any email alerts. just SMS alerts, this works even with screen saves.

My intention was to use IMAP idle (along with flexmail, any other recommendations?) so I wouldnt have to spend money with SMSs, since I already have an unlimited Internet plan on the phone.

But I guess IMAP will waste much more battery since it needs to be on syncing and theres this inconvenient where if I hit the red/end call button, it locks screen and right after goes to the screen saver. In this cenario I dont get my imap push alerts. Is there a way to keep it locked so keys dont get pressed when its in my pocket without screen saver? If I disable screen saver it goes to black screen, also doesnt get alerts.

I guess I might have to use the SMS after all.

Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Friends,

Well I found a workaround, a tip from a friend... Thought Id publish it, if someone needs an alternative to SMS (so I dont need to spend money with SMS as I have a 24h connection already on my Treo).

I now use a Jabber client Beejive, so its alert works when Treo Pro is in screen saver. So I set my monitoring to alert a Jabber/IM account so I know, then I can check mail with Flexmail (the alert I get also can be useful as it has the message also or part of it).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by marciohumpris View Post
    Friends,

Well I found a workaround, a tip from a friend... Thought Id publish it, if someone needs an alternative to SMS (so I dont need to spend money with SMS as I have a 24h connection already on my Treo).

I now use a Jabber client Beejive, so its alert works when Treo Pro is in screen saver. So I set my monitoring to alert a Jabber/IM account so I know, then I can check mail with Flexmail (the alert I get also can be useful as it has the message also or part of it).

Thanks.
    I just disabled the screen saver. I was tired of not getting email and text notifications (I don't think it's actually checking for email or texts when the screen saver is on and the phone is sleeping).

Bluetooth behavior was also inconsistent with the screen saver enabled. When the Treo Pro was in screen saver mode, I had a lot of difficulty trying to connect my headset to receive an incoming call. With the screen saver disabled, it seems to work fine when receving a call while the screen is blanked out. Pressing the connect button on the headset will also wake the screen up now. I think the screen saver is nice in concept but I can look at my watch or just press the end button to see the clock on the phone.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  13.    #13  
    without screen saver youre gonna waste a lot of battery.

the IM tip worked nice...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marciohumpris View Post
    without screen saver youre gonna waste a lot of battery.

Thanks
    Not really. I hit the end key key and the screen locks and blanks out.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505