Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 Coming Soon
    New Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 Promises To Offer Even Better Windows Mobile Experience

Aside from the fact that the Treo Pro happens to be an absolutely beautiful (ultralight, ultraslick, ultraslim) and extremely powerful (3G, WiFi, GPS, 5 hours talk time, ultrafast processor) smartphone, I have to admit that one of the most important applications that helped me make the move to Windows Mobile was Spb Mobile Shell (see my review).

The current Spb Mobile Shell 2.1 (screenshots above) is an absolutely essential application that completely and radically transforms the user interface on your Windows Mobile device Ė itís a utility that very significantly and meaningfully enhances your overall smartphone experience on a daily basis and itís no surprise that it sits at the very top of my Windows Mobile Software Editorís Choice Selection.

Itís also no surprise that since its launch in 2006 Spb Mobile Shell quickly became the world's #1 bestselling software for Windows Mobile touch-screen phones in 2007 and 2008. I was therefore particularly excited when I received news today that the next-generation Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2009 taking place in Barcelona from 16Ė19 February.

According to the developer: Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 sets a new standard in handset user interfaces and goes far beyond what is available on any phone today. The new software is fitted with a flexible engine for 3D animation, clever Facebook integration, kinetic scrolling, widgets, and multiple usability innovations. Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 has gained a thrilling 'wow' factor and preserved the speed and clarity of device navigation.

Designed to be highly flexible, with not just the end-users, but also the device manufacturers in mind, Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 offers many different levels of customization, and is a viable basis for a new generation of world-class smartphones on Windows Mobile platform.

Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 is scheduled to release to manufacturers in late February of 2009, with release to the consumer market expected to follow in late March. According to Spb Software upgrades policy all end-users, who purchase software within 90 days of a new version's release, are eligible for free upgrades.

The above upgrade policy is great news for will-be Sprint Treo Pro owners who upon release will be able to buy the Spb Mobile Shell 2.1 and the upgrade for free to the latest 3.0 version.

Spb Mobile Shell is available from our Windows Mobile Software Store normally priced at $29.95 but thanks to our 20% off coupon code you can now get it for only $23.96. Simply enter the coupon code BESTSELLERS in your cart to apply this discount.
    Sounds like an awesome update!
    Anxious for March to arrive...
    http://www.wmexperts.com/update-spb-mobile-shell-3

Looking at the interface, I'm somewhat reminded of The Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Im curious what handsets it will work WELL with.
    current or future
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Looks really nice!

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I hope it works well with square screens like 2.0 does. I use it on my 800w and it really grew on me.
    Any update with this software?

Is there a beta out there floating around. Anyone use it. Id really like to upgrade to 3.0. 2.0 just doesnt do it.
    Subsribe!

I'm interested in this as well as I just picked up a Treo Pro this morning.
    Anyone hear anything.
    we're 2/3's thru march.

http://www.spbmobileshell3.com/
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/23/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Anyone hear anything.
    we're 2/3's thru march.

Spb Mobile Shell 3.0
    Nothing recently, Berd. But, previously, I've seen late March & "sometime in April". Should we start a pool?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Well 2 more days till the end of March and no Shell 3. Between this and the Pre I'm starting to get depressed and board. I bought and installed Teal OS for the wife's centro and she loves it, it's like a new device. SPB should release a new ETA, it's been over a month and a half with no update.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Any updates?

Does anyone know if the weather is more robust in 3.0 versus 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    Any updates?

Does anyone know if the weather is more robust in 3.0 versus 2.0?
    Haven't seen or heard anything new. I was just wondering about the deafening silence.

As far as the weather is concerned, I would imagine that they wouldn't want it competing with their stand-alone weather program and probably have a way to integrate that program's functionality (if you purchase SPB Weather). So I wouldn't count on too many improvements in that area.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Haven't seen or heard anything new. I was just wondering about the deafening silence.

As far as the weather is concerned, I would imagine that they wouldn't want it competing with their stand-alone weather program and probably have a way to integrate that program's functionality (if you purchase SPB Weather). So I wouldn't count on too many improvements in that area.
    Their weather program lacks radar and other features. I had hoped that there would be an update to that as well.
    I am assuming that no new info has been release about when Mobile Shell 3 will be released?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Last I read was late April for end users.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Anyone using the beta?
    Coppertop writes up a pretty cool review:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/customizing-mobile-shell-30

He also talks about customizing:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/customizing-mobile-shell-30
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast