1.    #1  
    Every few months my Treo comes to a screeching halt and I start getting warnings of Low Main Memory. The last few times this has happened it required a hard reset to get up and running again.

All my programs are loaded and running from my memory card. I've also reduced the number of e-mails that are stored in Main memory having found that to be a bit of a memory hog.

Large files I've found so far are Picselifv (1.08M), ppt (2.59M) and Realplayer (2.53M). I loaded non of these so I'm guessing they're integral with WM6???

What large files can I safely delete from the Windows folder?

I'm also seeing that the Temporary Internet folder seems to be accruing quite a few files. Is that a way I can change things up so all internet activity and stored files live on my SD card?

Thanks!
    Where are the caches set to save? That would be the first to check. There are applications that allow you to check these settings, such as MemMaid & SKTools.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Where are the caches set to save? That would be the first to check. There are applications that allow you to check these settings, such as MemMaid & SKTools.
    I think I've found that it's "temporary" internet files cluttering things up. I've cleaned out those directories and it freed up a ton of memory.

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to get those temporary internet files to save to my storage card. No success in that effort so far.

Another thing, even though I've freed up the main memory I'm still finding programs to run painfully slow. I can't seem to restore everything back to "normal" operation. Any ideas?

I'm trying to avoid a hard reset of course. Though as stated above, that has been the only way I've been able to get things back up and running in the past when encountering this problem. Just looking for other ideas / experiences.
    Last edited by zrx24; 02/04/2009 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Where are the caches set to save?
    I have MemMaid and SK Tools. I am also running into depleted memory...

I never thought about changing the cache location in SK Tools... Nice.

However, is there any tips &/or traps I should be aware of in doing this? ...

For example, does it matter where on the storage card I put the caches? Does putting caches on the storage card slow things down? Do I need to copy the cache contents to the intended target directory on the card prior to making the change in SK Tools? I am assuming that I can then soft reset and then delete the original cache files after the change.

What else can I safely move with SK Tools?
    \Application Data\Volatile ???
    Ringtone files from \Windows ???

Lastly, is there some place that I can get some guidance and wisdom on how to use SK Tools most effectively? Is treocentral the best place? I cannot seem to find a user forum on the SK Tools website. The MemMaid forums look lame, also. I don't want to have to learn these powerful tools by trial and error.

I know I put a lot of questions in this email... much thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

Steve
  5.    #5  
    Those are excellent questions, Steve. I ended up having to do a hard reset to restore proper operation and am considering installing one the programs you referenced and reconfiguring my device as you mentioned.
    Card access is always a tad slower; however, I have not noted anything that caused me any grief. As for moving things, within MemMaid I used the setting under System Tweaks labeled "For Extreme Speed."

It will be different, but on my Touch Pro I have 255.2MB storage free and 139.15mb program free.

Anyway, back the device up and play.