Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Boy Genius reports that from an internal document the Pro will launch on 2/15 (and Pre on 3/15)

    Sprint EOL list reveals target Palm Pre launch, plenty more : Boy Genius Report
  2. #2  
    So the 800w will be EOLed in April and the Treo Pro release date is still 2/15.

    Seeing the Pre set for 3/15 is no surprise to me at all. I've been suspecting they would release it well before the summer. No sense is letting the CES buzz wear off. And it will replace the Palm 755P, which won't be EOLed till late May.
  3. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #3  
    So no more 800w after April? Not even Sprint would support it when it died?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  4. #4  
    Hmmm...If the Pro and Pre are being released that close together, I may wait until end of Feb to order the Pro in case I want to exchange it for the Pre.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    So no more 800w after April? Not even Sprint would support it when it died?
    They will still offer support.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Hmmm...If the Pro and Pre are being released that close together, I may wait until end of Feb to order the Pro in case I want to exchange it for the Pre.
    Or just wait till 3/15 to see if the Pre is released and then get the Sprint Treo Pro, which will have had 1 month of review from other users for you to look over. And within your first 30 days of having the Treo Pro yourself, you could be looking at what others are saying about the Palm Pre. Delays things a bit, but it would give you a better idea of whether you really want to make the move to the Pre.
  7. #7  
    1) Don't we already have multiple threads about the Sprint Treo Pro's launch date?

    2) Treo Pro has been out for months

    3) Yes I know I'm whinging
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  8. #8  
    That would be whining and it is getting old...I would venture to guess that the vast majority of people do not purchase unlocked phones like yourself...so for the rest of us little peons it will be a big deal when it is available to us on Sprint. No one says you have to click on the topic and/or respond.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    That would be whining and it is getting old...I would venture to guess that the vast majority of people do not purchase unlocked phones like yourself...so for the rest of us little peons it will be a big deal when it is available to us on Sprint. No one says you have to click on the topic and/or respond.
    Call down folks. Kevin, RichChestmat resides in the UK where the term whinging is a used term. Synonymous with the term "whining", but both are in the English language .

    This deserved its own thread, because it is a comment thread based on a new and major piece of evidence. No matter how long the Treo Pro has been out, it's going to a new carrier, so there's supposed to be some pre-release buzz.
  10. #10  
    I don't think many changes are going to happen in that quick turn around time for the STP. I kind of doubt the new rumored memory upgrades but hope I'm wrong.
  11. #11  
    darnell...thanks for the info...had not heard that word before...
  12. #12  
    Kevin also inferred that I had an expensive unlocked phone. That's not true. Mine is vodafone branded and it cost about 100 with a contract extension. There's no 'looking down' at Sprint here. I raise the issue because the STP is a different phone from the TP and threads not acknowledging this cause confusion. There's a whole big other thread on that where the Editor agreed that making the distinction in the thread title was the way forward.

    The reason I clicked the topic was because it appeared to be about the Treo Pro.

    I also don't agree that this needed a new topic. You shouldn't post a new topic everytime a rumour or news item is published about one topic: The release date of the Sprint Treo Pro.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  13. Biggles's Avatar
    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #13  
    Certainly no need for yet another 15 Feb Sprint Pro thread.

    15 Feb seems a remarkably common date, no less than four phones on that list are scheduled to be in-stock on 15 Feb. Is it just shorthand for 'probably somewhere around mid-Feb' or even 'maybe some time in Feb'?

    Even BGR agree that the likely Pre date is May/Jun, not Mar.
  14. #14  
    The reason I clicked the topic was because it appeared to be about the Treo Pro.
    Ahhh...come on Rich...you already have the Treo Pro and have had it awhile...why would it just be
    Pro to Launch 2/15
    for the one you have?
    Last edited by Kevin C; 02/05/2009 at 12:36 PM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I don't think many changes are going to happen in that quick turn around time for the STP. I kind of doubt the new rumored memory upgrades but hope I'm wrong.
    To be precise I have not seen a rumored "memory upgrade" anywhere including here.

    What we hafe is reasonable speculation on things that could be changed. One is perhaps reallocation of certain aspects of memory. People are not really running into memory problems, but there is a preference obvious among gearheads like us here, for more remaining overhead on user program memory.
  16. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #16  
    I am waiting for that day again to get on Sprint website and get the Pro for $349 with another 2 year contract.

    I know I hate fingerprints and soft gel buttons.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    Boy Genius reports that from an internal document the Pro will launch on 2/15 (and Pre on 3/15)

    Sprint EOL list reveals target Palm Pre launch, plenty more : Boy Genius Report
    Sorry!

    The Pre will not be released until June! Sorry! Who ever is saying this is incorrect. June!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Sorry!

    The Pre will not be released until June! Sorry! Who ever is saying this is incorrect. June!
    What evidence do you have of this?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What evidence do you have of this?

    All I can say is look for me in June and say, "Hey! You were right!"


    Do your research. Make calls. Investigate. June or LATER!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    All I can say is look for me in June and say, "Hey! You were right!"


    Do your research. Make calls. Investigate. June or LATER!
    I'm not doubting you, but I think it would be crazy if Palm has to wait until June to release this on Sprint. Then Sprint has an exclusive for a few months and by then Pre might be old news. Of course, I guess we will all get excited about the Pre x50 or whatever is next. I think Plam needs to release before June. Get ready for 1.84 a share again if they're lucky. JMO Who knows?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions