Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I honestly thought they should of left all as is - the only dif should have been what was necessary to make it CDMA - Nothing More.
    Flash in mobile browsers is not that important for business users and IE6 is not really that impressive...I'm mean it's quite underwhelming actually and I really miss the "single column" option.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2009 at 01:48 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I honestly thought they should of left all as is - the only dif should have been what was necessary to make it CDMA - Nothing More.

It wouldn't surprise me if they could have eeked another thirty minutes to an hour of battery life out of the STP had they kept a lower CPU speed and the same memory size. Instead they tried to make it faster and with more user memory, and the battery life ended up being the same.

(edited by berd)
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2009 at 01:40 PM.
    On the IE6 on the Pro, that had been discussed and seen months ago. November is not last minute!

(edited by berd)
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Flash in mobile browsers is not that important for business users and IE6 is not really that impressive...I'm mean it's quite underwhelming actually and I really miss the "single column" option.
    Surely they will fix the IE6 navigation issues, it is terrible the way it is now...
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Surely they will fix the IE6 navigation issues, it is terrible the way it is now...
    I don't think we expected much from what we saw in November. flash lite is nice.

http://www.wmexperts.com/internet-ex...pcoming-device

You can see dieter is noting it is on the Pro.
    Thread is Re-Opened

I had to clean up the OT back and forth.

I felt there was too much Good Content in this Thread to keep it Closed.

Ultimately,
    Will the STP be a good upgrade?
    I guess we'll see soon enough.

Some may see it as a Great Upgrade.
    Some may say it's a Disappointing Upgrade.

It's safe to say;
    Some will see +/-

Even though I won't be switching to Sprint,
    I still am anxious for it's "Official" release.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/04/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I dont think we will see this memory rumor in the STP with it slated to be back on the shelves by 2/15 a reported now. Maybe they will? I hope it is true for Palm..... although I'd be jealous sitting here with my GSMTP...
    Last edited by KJKRAMER; 02/04/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I dont think we will see this memory rumor in the STP with it slated to be back on the shelves by 2/15 a reported now. Maybe they will? I hope it is true for Palm..... although I'd be jealous sitting here with my GSMTP...
    KJ, Please, what memory rumor? there is no rumor whatsoever of physical increases in memory from the advocates copies to the final cdma release.

The question raised, not as a rumor, but as a speculations on things that may or may not be done during the 3 week delay, are about possible changes or tweaks in software or firmware, including a speculation that one thing that might be considered is tweaking available user memory, which has not been a problem but could be tight for some power users running a whole lot of demanding stuff concurrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    KJ, Please, what memory rumor? there is no rumor whatsoever of physical increases in memory from the advocates copies to the final cdma release.

The CDMA Pro actually has a lot of memory, but it has some memory hungry additions. The question raised, not as a rumor, but as a speculations on things that may or may not be done during the 3 week delay, are about possible changes or tweaks in software or firmware, including a speculation that one thing that might be considered is tweaking available user memory, which has not been a problem but could be tight for some power users running a whole lot of demanding stuff concurrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Flash in mobile browsers is not that important for business users
    Without prejudice to the value of flash on websites (I really dislike it and recommend against it) I will tell you one thing: I feel it is important on mobile browsers and can be for business users.

WG It is really quite often that I meet people from a firm, a prospective client or competitor, and while stepping away at the gig, or into the can at the lunch, I take a quick look at their business site on my 800w. You might be surprised but one very very often one runs into flash.

Not to be contentious, but simply to introduce what I think is an important missed point (I miss it too sometimes) is that people rarely carry two mobile phones (I used to carry a fed rim and my phone but I think we agree it is rare). So in addition to business uses that involve flash and yes even sometimes youtube, leisure uses for leisure sake give value on the "business" handset.

The questions: can it do youtube?, is there a pandora client? does it work well with facebook? Are questions buyers of all stripes might ask. Indeed Sometimes people just associate those capabilities with power and modernity.

There were substantial discussion, fix requests and installation questions on getting TCPMP on 800w after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

The CDMA Pro actually has a lot of memory, but it has some memory hungry additions. The question raised, not as a rumor, but as a speculations on things that may or may not be done during the 3 week delay, are about possible changes or tweaks in software or firmware, including a speculation that one thing that might be considered is tweaking available user memory, which has not been a problem but could be tight for some power users running a whole lot of demanding stuff concurrently.
    You are right. I am a noob and we can make mistakes
    I think I was trying to refer, probably incorrectly, to the thread about what is listed on the website. 300+ user memory and a little over 100 RAM? The figures just given are a guess since I am too lazy to check the actual thread. LOL. Maybe I need to recheck that thread after all since you have just played a Jedi Mind Trick on me and I am not sure what I read now. LO. I'll go check now........
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Crap!!! This is th thread. LOL. I was refering to that fact that I don't think that 300+ and 128 will come to reality. Probably a website error?
    My mind is now all twisted up like a pretzel!!
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    10 days, it all will be answered soon enough .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12