Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have a new issue on my 800W and maybe someone can help.. it appears that over night while the 800W is on my dresser plugged into to power, the until will lose all sound.. IE - there wont be any sound for alarms, ringers, anything ... I have to go in manually and play a few sounds for it to come back or soft RESET the phone. Sometimes the sounds will come back on there own as I am moving around the device bit bit always. The only thing I thought it could be was th profiles feature in phone alarm but all the sound settings are set to "leave unchanged" .. ANy help would be appreciated...
    Maybe you don't want to here this -but- back up your music & whatever ( how about your card ) & then do the basic secret of all & -hard reset- then bring whatever is on your card back to your phone. It's like starting all over but your problems should go away & your phone will be like brand new all over again. (everyone has to learn-me too- & I admit I hate reseting that way only because it take away some of your time from being online.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion but I dont want to do that. I want to find out WHAT is causing this issue.. I think its phone alarm and I will remove it if what I changed does not resolve the issue. It never happened before then...
    but I could be wrong
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    yes,
    Its happening to my phone tooo.
    I am doing a soft reset to fix this issue.

Did you install any software lately ? I started noticing this after i installed the following

Sprint JAVA Titan
    Opera Mini
    Fring
    Skype.

Fring is useless to me. I added Skype as an add-in to Fring , but its not working.

I might want to remove Fring an see it fixes the problem.

But for now , a soft reset is working. The worst part it , I ahve to take the case out , then the battery out every day.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ive had opera on my machine for months but mine is OPERA MOBILE. I dont have SKYPE since it doesnt work on the 800W. I do use FRING and have had that for months. I dont have sprint java TITAN..

this all started after I installed PHONE ALARM I think... I also installed HANDY WEATHER...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My refurb phone for some unknown reason just reset every few days.

It would just hang.

This is a 3 week old refurb. I went to the store and tell them to get me another refurb to try.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I had the same problem after installing phoneAlarm.

NOTE I don't blame phoneAlarm. I didn't RTFM. I never do, and that program has so many options it's beyond me.

So I hard reset, got all my rings, vibrates, etc. back to normal. Now at night I just go into Sounds and Notifications and uncheck notifications for programs and events so the phone doesn't bother me but I can still look at it in the middle of the night for email/SMS if necessary (beats turning off the radio). I'm looking to write a mortscript to toggle this "silent mode"...if I ever figure out how to do it I'll post it.
    My guess is fring or skype.

I'd backup, hard reset, then start over. It's not that big a deal, I can have my phone totally setup in 30 mins or less. But that's just me. *shrug*
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    on my phone its not FRING as I have been using it since I got my phone without any issues and I dont have SKYPE installed at all (except through FRING)
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    on my phone its not FRING as I have been using it since I got my phone without any issues and I dont have SKYPE installed at all (except through FRING)
    hmm, I forgot , I did install the G Alarm, which had its issues.
    I guess its either the G alarm or Skype. Skype is working fine for me , but its causing echo on the handset of the person I am calling.

I did the echo check option, didn't help. My guess is that Skype has issues with voice.

Here is a something thats wroking out for me. The volume is down to the lowest level when I woke up. I raised it a bit , that fixed the issue. If i would do a soft reset if I had issues.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    My guess is fring or skype.

I'd backup, hard reset, then start over. It's not that big a deal, I can have my phone totally setup in 30 mins or less. But that's just me. *shrug*
    Ebag333,
    does SPRITE backup bacl all the programs or you have to do them manually after the hardreset ?
    Sprite backup can backup everything, but in a case like this I wouldn't recommend it.

Either:

1) Something replaced a /Windows/ system file
    2) Something in the registry got hosed

Those are the two most likely causes of it. In either case a full backup and restore from Sprite Backup will simply put the broken piece back in.

I always install programs to my SD card where possible. The when I do a backup, I can just backup my /Windows/Start Menu/ directory and restore that. All my contacts come from my Exchange server (though you could use Dashwire to do that and more).

Simple, easy, and pretty painless. Only a handful of programs have to be reinstalled.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    thanks ebag33,
    I will try it. I wasn't trusting the sprite enough.
    is there a difference between installing on SD card versus the system ?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I had the same problem after installing phoneAlarm.

NOTE I don't blame phoneAlarm. I didn't RTFM. I never do, and that program has so many options it's beyond me.

So I hard reset, got all my rings, vibrates, etc. back to normal. Now at night I just go into Sounds and Notifications and uncheck notifications for programs and events so the phone doesn't bother me but I can still look at it in the middle of the night for email/SMS if necessary (beats turning off the radio). I'm looking to write a mortscript to toggle this "silent mode"...if I ever figure out how to do it I'll post it.
    do you know what in PHONE ALARM was causing this? I did a hard-reset then used sprite backup to restore all my files and programs. Still have the same issue. I only use PHONE ALARM for one thing.. I ade a custom today screen thing that fits on one line and shows me the # of missed calls, SMS, voicemail and email and you can click on them to go to the specific places on your phone to read etc... As soon as peracount comes out with the VGA version I will be going to that. Is there any other program to do what I want and is FREE? Maybe phone alarm is the issue.. I even set all the profiles to "do not change" ..

This morning the alarm worked like it should but the program shows a SNOOZE button on the screen.. I hit that and when it went off again, no sound until I went into sounds and played one.. ALSO when I go into sounds and notifications, when the machine has no sound, that program shows a spinning round cursor.

I sure hope its only phone alarm...
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    thanks ebag33,
    I will try it. I wasn't trusting the sprite enough.
    is there a difference between installing on SD card versus the system ?
    Some programs won't work off the SD card. Trial and error mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    I did a hard-reset then used sprite backup to restore all my files and programs. Still have the same issue.
    That's because you took something that was broken on your phone, backed it up, and then put it back.

Back up your contacts, docs, etc. Do a hard reset and wipe everything. DON'T restore programs, /Windows/ directory (system files), or registry. Reinstall your programs one at a time, testing to make sure that the issue doesn't come back.

There's a troubleshooting guide in the FAQ that walks you through this.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I uninstalled PHONE ALARM and I thought all was OK. this morning the alarm went off as it was supposed to using POCKET ALARM. then I hit SNOOZE and then the sound went away.. HOWEVER, new mail came in and I have it set to make a sound when that happened and then the sound came back.. This is strange.. and all day when NOT plugged into power it doesnt lose any sound.. all night I have it plugged into power....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    As I've said, you're past the point of simply uninstalling to fix the problem....

You've now spent 3+ days with this. A hard reset is painful, but it's easy to get your phone up and running in 60 minutes or less.
    I'm having the issue as well and I thought it would be fixed by now. I'm not sure how you can test it since it happens randomly. The only things I have installed are the recommended things on the 800w sticky page.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I'm having the issue as well and I thought it would be fixed by now. I'm not sure how you can test it since it happens randomly. The only things I have installed are the recommended things on the 800w sticky page.

OK So I took th advice on here and hard reset and re-install. I STILL have the issue. SO I dont know what is causing this. Now I see someone else on here has the issue and someone on SPRINTUSERS.COM has the issue. This morning, my SPOON ALARM software played but then later in the morning all the souns were gone and I couldnt even play a sound to get it to come back like I was able to yesterday. I had to soft reset to get the sounds back.

any other ideas??
    Did you use the phone stock without any software installed for a while before reinstalling your software?

You may need to use it for a day or two to see if the issue still occurs.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast