Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And have you hard reset and reinstalled everything EXCEPT Weather Panel?
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    is there ANYTHING I can do?????????????
    I think the problem might not even be caused by installing programs but using custom ringers and switching the silence button on the top of the phone. Do a hard reset and test that for a day. If no issues install one program in the morning and every day until the problem comes back. If you can't or don't have time to do that then either sell your phone and get a different one or go into the Sprint store and have your phone tested. Make sure you delete all your programs/ringers before you have them test it though. If you can take it when you have the issue and show them but don't let them take the battery out. If they find a issue and you have TEP then they will swap it out for another 800w for free. My first 800w had the issue and I returned it before the 30 days was up back when it first came out. I asked if I could just switch to a different phone since I had the issue with two already but they said no since for some reason the 800w is the only phone that it can be swapped for. After my 3rd 800w had the issue they let me switch to a different phone and the manager said we should have just done this to began with. lol Also you could try and wait til the Treo Pro comes out and they might swap your 800w out for that if they can see you have a issue. Good luck. I'm glad I'm not dealing with it anymore.

The silence issue was a big reason why I got rid of the 800w because I missed calls but there were other reasons to.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I was using RINGER with the treo 800W for months ad months without any issues so I dont think the issue has to do with custom ingers. This just started happening in the last 2 weeks.. I did try without weather panel and same issue....

So I think there is something else going on.. I dont know what since I just go to sounds and notifications and play a sound and all is back...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I've had the 800w since the first day my nearest Sprint store had it. I never had an issue with the phone randomly losing all sounds. I recently lost my phone and got a brand new phone from insurance (don't think it's refurbished as it came brand new in box with all accessories). This phone has had the problem with random silence loss, the original one never did. It happened stock with no apps installed (after the first hard reset) and has continued to happen. Sprint ordered me a replacement which I wont be able to get until next week sometime. Anyway, this has to be a hardware problem as I never had it happen before with the original 800w, and have had it happen after a hard reset with no applications loaded at all on the replacement 800w. Hope this helps.
    I hard reset doesn't have to be so painful.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-pro-read.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    this has to be a hardware problem as I never had it happen before with the original 800w, and have had it happen after a hard reset with no applications loaded at all on the replacement 800w. Hope this helps.
    That does help, but it doesn't have to be hardware problems.

I've seen software cause similar issues on the 700wx and other phones.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

BUT he said he had a phone with no other software loaded except what it comes with and it still did it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

yea thats true, i remember having a similar issue on the 700wx with the original rom but the problem went away.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ok.. Well, I did another hard reset and restored some files.. Now it appears that my sound is not disappearing but the ringers are NOT playing at random. SOmetimes a call will come in and the ringer plays and other times its silent. It does vibrate if I have it on vibrate. I am using RINGO form my ring tones and never had this issue.. Im going to try a new program "JUST TONES" but I cant until I get the reg code to allow me to assign ringers to all my contacts
    Djqwik, just to see what they might say, have you tried calling Sprint customer support?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Djqwik, just to see what they might say, have you tried calling Sprint customer support?
    No I have not called yet.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well I thought I had resolved the sinence Issue but today my GALARM program went off and NO sound.. no sound when you press the menu button and hear the click either. I thought it was ringo becuase yesterday I had sound but no ringers.. today back to nothing.. anyone with any ideas as ti what can cause the sound to go silent?
    Well I thought I had resolved the sinence Issue but today my GALARM program went off and NO sound.. no sound when you press the menu button and hear the click either. I thought it was ringo becuase yesterday I had sound but no ringers.. today back to nothing.. anyone with any ideas as ti what can cause the sound to go silent?
    Probably the software you "need".

The one other person who also had this issue also had software he "needed" (hmm, same software?), and never hard reset. Swapped through 3 devices without solving the issue (or ever running the phone in a factory setting), then got a Blackberry.

Did you do a hard reset? As in, completely wipe everything?
    You need to do a hard reset and run with it stock. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that your problems go away.

From there, it's just a matter of figuring out which program is causing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ebag suggestions are exactly what you should do.

Do a Sprite Backup.
    Hard Reset
    Only install the apps you absolutely can't be without,
    and see if the problem persists.
    You're at the weekend now, it seems to me, this would be the perfect time to try a H.R.
    Try going the weekend running your phone stock.
    You can always Restore your backup sunday eve, if running stock doesn't resolve your issue.
    Yes, but there is plenty of software out there that could cause this.

One of the greatest strengths of WM is the variety. One of the greatest weaknesses is the variety.

Software that runs fine on say a Touch won't run right on a Treo. and software that runs fine on a Treo won't on a black slab phone.

You could try installing only the programs you absolutely need.
    Did you use the phone stock without any software installed for a while before reinstalling your software?

You may need to use it for a day or two to see if the issue still occurs.
    As I've said, you're past the point of simply uninstalling to fix the problem....

You've now spent 3+ days with this. A hard reset is painful, but it's easy to get your phone up and running in 60 minutes or less.
    I'd backup, hard reset, then start over. It's not that big a deal, I can have my phone totally setup in 30 mins or less. But that's just me. *shrug*
    I'm sensing a pattern here....
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset.. STOCK PHONE.. used it for about 2 hours stock but needed to install my s/w .... worked all day Monday and then tuesday it started again... and today no sound from the GALARM program when it went off.

I am stumped... Im going to take it to sprint today If I can get some free time...
    Last edited by djqwik; 02/18/2009 at 06:23 AM.
    You hard reset. It worked fine.

You installed your software. It stopped working.

And...this is confusing how?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    You hard reset. It worked fine.

You installed your software. It stopped working.

And...this is confusing how?
    ITS RANDOM so I dont know if it fixed it.. I used it for 2 hours with no software and it worked.. installed software and didnt work. another hard reset and sprite restore and then it worked for a day and almost 1/2 no issues. then started with system sounds but no ringers. then today no sound at all until a soft reset. The only new thing in the past few weeks is weather panel with the hourly fix.
    ITS RANDOM so I dont know if it fixed it.. I used it for 2 hours with no software and it worked.
    Exactly!

That's why you need to use your phone in stock config for an extended period of time (IE: a couple days). If/When it works perfectly fine, then slowly (IE: one new piece of software each day at the most) load your software back on until you find the culprit.

Most likely you have a single piece of software that's hosing some stuff. Finding which one is the trick.
    Djqwik, see what Sprint has to say. You've already seen you're getting a circular debate here. If it can't run with the software you need it's obviously no good for you. But it was running fine for you before recently. See if Sprint can help. You may be able to get a replacement that works like your current device used to work for you.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ok SO I did a hard reset and reinstalled my SW. I know you are going to say I should have tested with various software NOT installed but I didnt. NOW the issue is that the phone appears to have sound all day but at night while plugged into the charger, it looses sound (I dont know if it will loose sound over night when NOT plugged into the charger).

any ideas?
    Did you do the notification fix? (It's in the FAQ.)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast