Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Did you use the phone stock without any software installed for a while before reinstalling your software?

You may need to use it for a day or two to see if the issue still occurs.
    This is SOMETHING, while I know a good idea, I can not do. I need certain program installed on my phone for my work and for other things I do. I had to reinstall the programs I use all the time...

Other people are reporting this issue...
    Yes, but there is plenty of software out there that could cause this.

One of the greatest strengths of WM is the variety. One of the greatest weaknesses is the variety.

Software that runs fine on say a Touch won't run right on a Treo. and software that runs fine on a Treo won't on a black slab phone.

You could try installing only the programs you absolutely need.
    Ebag suggestions are exactly what you should do.

Do a Sprite Backup.
    Hard Reset
    Only install the apps you absolutely can't be without,
    and see if the problem persists.
    You're at the weekend now, it seems to me, this would be the perfect time to try a H.R.
    Try going the weekend running your phone stock.
    You can always Restore your backup sunday eve, if running stock doesn't resolve your issue.
    I took mine into the Sprint store and got them to swap it out. Next time it happens take it in and show them what is happening but make sure they don't pull the battery before they order you one. Also delete all 3rd party stuff and your ringers. I have TEP and I was lucky they swapped it out with a brand new phone. I wanted something else since I had the issue before but they said there is no other phone that is similar to the 800w. If the Treo Pro was out they might swap it out for that but I couldn't wait for it. If I have the problem again I will get another phone.

What programs have you installed on your 800w? I wonder if it could be a bad ringer causing the silence issue?
    My new one has the issue as well so that's 3 800w that I've had that all had the issue. I think it's either my ringers or TreoAlerts led app causing it. Also I think when you switch the silence button on the top of the phone has something to do with it.
    Have you tried the notification fix that ebag posted about here. Just a thought and I don't know if this is specifically your problem but it couldn't hurt to try and see if it fixes it.
    I might give that a try but at this point I'm just sick of messing with it and missing calls.
    If it is calls you are missing I had a similar issue that I found out what was happening. I had special ringtones assigned to certain people in my contact list. I had renamed a few of the ringtones to help organize them and it did not update it under the contact. I had to go back into the contacts and reselect the same ringtone for it to work. Just something that was happening to me making my phone not ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I might give that a try but at this point I'm just sick of messing with it and missing calls.
    Yes, but there is plenty of software out there that could cause this.

One of the greatest strengths of WM is the variety. One of the greatest weaknesses is the variety.

Software that runs fine on say a Touch won't run right on a Treo. and software that runs fine on a Treo won't on a black slab phone.

You could try installing only the programs you absolutely need.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ebag suggestions are exactly what you should do.

Do a Sprite Backup.
    Hard Reset
    Only install the apps you absolutely can't be without,
    and see if the problem persists.
    You're at the weekend now, it seems to me, this would be the perfect time to try a H.R.
    Try going the weekend running your phone stock.
    You can always Restore your backup sunday eve, if running stock doesn't resolve your issue.

You need to do a hard reset and run with it stock. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that your problems go away.

From there, it's just a matter of figuring out which program is causing the problem.
    I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that your problems go away.
    I saw this in a different post and I don't remember if you ever really clarified what the exchange rate was on this. It must be pretty good.
    You need to do a hard reset and run with it stock. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that your problems go away.

From there, it's just a matter of figuring out which program is causing the problem.
    You might be right but I don't have the time or patience to deal with testing it. I've owned so many cell phones but never had any issue with hearing my phone ring. There are few other things I don't like about the 800w so I swapped it out for a different phone.
    You might be right but I don't have the time or patience to deal with testing it. I've owned so many cell phones but never had any issue with hearing my phone ring. There are few other things I don't like about the 800w so I swapped it out for a different phone.
    Just curious, what did you swap it for?
    Missed rings was a common bug reported since July. It is probably one of the reason many people here who reported buying a 800w switched out. This is exactly the type of thing that will not work with the business market.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Just curious, what did you swap it for?
    A BB Curve. I did this same thing before changing from a 800w to a Curve back when the 800w first came out. I'm just tired of WM and the Curve is the only phone that I haven't tried twice. lol
    A BB Curve. I did this same thing before changing from a 800w to a Curve back when the 800w first came out. I'm just tired of WM and the Curve is the only phone that I haven't tried twice. lol
    Well the Curve rings and has an LED that gives special notification flashes out of the box.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    OK so I ran it stock for a day and AGAIN it had the issues.. now I need this phone for my regular day job and also the busines I run (DJ Entertainment). Its still doing this where the sound goes away.. NOT just the ringers but even the sound when you press the MICROSOFT key to bring up the menu or an alarm goes off or anything.. HOWEVER, all I have to do is go play a sound under SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS and the sound is back for EVERYTHING.

is there ANYTHING I can do?????????????
    Did you do a hard reset? As in, completely wipe everything?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Did you do a hard reset? As in, completely wipe everything?
    YES BUT I couldnt use it for more then a few hours without any software hat I NEED and since this is RANDOM, I never know when its going to happen. I e-installed by hand all my software and it STILL does the same thing.... but as I said I can just go to sounds/notifications and play a sound and then the sound is back.

What could be causing this? I see others with the same issue... HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    What could be causing this? I see others with the same issue... HELP!
    Probably the software you "need".

The one other person who also had this issue also had software he "needed" (hmm, same software?), and never hard reset. Swapped through 3 devices without solving the issue (or ever running the phone in a factory setting), then got a Blackberry.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Ive been on a few forums and have seen others with this issue.. Maybe about 5 people.. HOWEVER, I'd like to know what software could be causing this.. BECAUSE I have been running the same software for months and months since I got my 800W without any issues.. the only thing I installed new recently was WEATHER PANEL
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast