Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Can anyone recommend a way to be able to set email alert times?
    Since I receive emails to my phone and also rely on my phone as my main form of communication I don't like to turn off the ringer at night. The sound of emails though going off at all hours can get annoying and that's an understatement.
    I have sometimes turned off the ringer and left it on vibrate but even the vibrate can wake you out of a sound sleep!
    What I would like to do is just have a sub menu to have a tining sequence for when audible or vibrate alerts go off for EMAILS only.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Amazing no one has a solution or experienced similar problems!
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    I have this same problem, as I am sure many people do. All I do is before I got to bed, go to settings and then sound notifications, choose inbox and then, uncheck the box for the sound and vibrate, and then when i get up in the morning I just check them again. I've been doing it so long now its just part of my routine. Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I could find anything else either. It is kind of a pain sometime. Waking up at 2:00am blurry eyed trying to go through the above steps, because you forgot to before you went to sleep.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swooshme View Post
    I have this same problem, as I am sure many people do. All I do is before I got to bed, go to settings and then sound notifications, choose inbox and then, uncheck the box for the sound and vibrate, and then when i get up in the morning I just check them again. I've been doing it so long now its just part of my routine. Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I could find anything else either. It is kind of a pain sometime. Waking up at 2:00am blurry eyed trying to go through the above steps, because you forgot to before you went to sleep.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I was beginning to think no one was using their 750's anymore It's amazing there isn't a program to address this issue.
    Your suggestion works but is a pain as you say.
    I am still waiting for a phone that betters this device or OS. The Pre sounds great but I wont give up the GSM 3G advantages. I hate AT&T but I hate Sprint more!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    There is a program called Treo Alerts that is in this forum. It does what you want and more. Attached is the version that I have. There may be a newer one, but this works for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torqd500 View Post
    There is a program called Treo Alerts that is in this forum. It does what you want and more. Attached is the version that I have. There may be a newer one, but this works for me.
    Thanks Torqd500! I loaded the Treo Alert app but I cant seem to make it do what I want. I have the app sent in regards to email notification to shut off at 12 and back on at 6 but the standard email alarm still sounds during the off hours. When I disable the audible sound on the OS alert Treo Alert doesnt make a sound. Am I doing something wrong?