Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I imported contacts from my old phone with phone numbers, and contacts from my email account with email addresses.
    A lot of the contacts have the same name, just one has an email address, and one has a phone number.
    Is there any way to easily merge all the contacts with the same name into one entry?
    Thanks.
    No easy way to go about that I can think of. Two choices come to mind: manually edit the entries on the phone OR sync with Outlook, manually edit in Outlook, sync the changes.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    And are there any ways to delete all of the contacts in the phone?
    Either hard reset the device (completely wipes out ALL data) or delete the ActiveSync partnership and recreate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I imported contacts from my old phone with phone numbers, and contacts from my email account with email addresses.
    A lot of the contacts have the same name, just one has an email address, and one has a phone number.
    Is there any way to easily merge all the contacts with the same name into one entry?
    Thanks.
    Sync your contacts with Windows Live. I don't know of an easy way to get the contact on your PHONE onto Windows Live (you have to do it one-by-one), but you can import a contact list from Outlook, Yahoo Contacts, Gmail, etc. into Windows Live on your desktop. Once your contacts are in Windows Live and your device is synced with your Live account contact merging happens automatically BETWEEN the 800w and Windows Live.

Once your device is synced with Windows Live, you can use the Contact Merging tool on your desktop... and the changes will be pushed down to your 800w.