Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm guessing this happens on all 800w phones, but when I try to get an asterisk (Option+P), my Brightness setting window opens. Annoying (to me, at least). I've looked around quite a bit, and I haven't been able to find a way to change this. I looked under the Buttons setting window - nada. SKTools - nada.

Anyone know of a way to get the asterisk instead of Brightness? Thanks.
    I think the symbol on the P key is for brightness, not an asterisk. You may be looking for the option+Z key, I think that is the asterisk. Try it and see if that is what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I think the symbol on the P key is for brightness, not an asterisk. You may be looking for the option+Z key, I think that is the asterisk. Try it and see if that is what you are looking for.

Exactly right...
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Doh!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    *repeated headsmack* wow. i'm usually not quite that dense. my massive thumbs always block the Z, so i've somehow managed to overlook it. thanks for tolerating the duh moment!
    Lmao!!! :d
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    LMFAO. I've made that mistake countless times, but I always realize after a second that it's by the Z. This is my third Treo though so I have no excuse lol.
    That's Funny.

Atleast you can laugh at yourself.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I thought about setting up a poll for most dumb-a$$ questions on the board. I'm glad that d1sturbdapeace shared in my pain somewhat, although I can't believe that someone would admit it.
    I'm not going to admit my dumbest question on here, you can take em all apart but it's the easy ones that get ya...
    Heck I did not even know that worked. I thought, why the heck would have he wanted to get rid of it, sounds like a good hack. Then I looked at my phone and saw the brightness indicator above the key. So if it helps you, it helped me.