Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm surprised that nobody has commented on the fact that the quoted HTC engineer said the Sprint Treo Pro has 256mb of RAM. (the GSM one only as 128mb and most of us thought the Sprint model also had 128mb)

So if they can fix the ROM so that WM can address all 256mb this could very well be a killer device.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has commented on the fact that the quoted HTC engineer said the Sprint Treo Pro has 256mb of RAM. (the GSM one only as 128mb and most of us thought the Sprint model also had 128mb)

So if they can fix the ROM so that WM can address all 256mb this could very well be a killer device.
    I commented on it in the article at WME...in short I think he mis-spoke. All the specs for the Sprint version hint at 128mb, not 256.

Even if it did have 256mb of RAM, I'm not sure how'd that make it a "killer device" over having 128mb, which is more than ample for most users. There would be no performance advantage, especially since the STP doesn't run TouchFlo over the OS.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    You are probably right that he miss spoke. I am still holding out hope bec ause if they doubled the storage memory they may very well have doubled the RAM as well.

I also agree that 99% of the time 128mb is enough. However I have run out a few times while running Kinoma, SyleTap, Garmin XT and have about 4-5 Opra Mobile actives Tabs.

Heres to hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I commented on it in the article at WME...in short I think he mis-spoke. All the specs for the Sprint version hint at 128mb, not 256.

Even if it did have 256mb of RAM, I'm not sure how'd that make it a "killer device" over having 128mb, which is more than ample for most users. There would be no performance advantage, especially since the STP doesn't run TouchFlo over the OS.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345