Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Ive been have some weird troubles with my treo 800...Randomly my phone will shut off..I not talking power wise but like coverage wise. then it will open up calendar app, then voice record app and just get stuck there for a min. If i take the battery out and let it sit out for a min it seems to be fine for awhile but then a couple of hours later it does the same thing. Sometimes my keyboard and the 4 hard keys dont work but after a soft reset things seem to be fine. I've treid everything...i even did a hard reset and i have been running only the software the is factory default, nothing new installed and i am still having these problems. Anyone have a fix?

My second question is: i bought my treo 800 on ebay...now this problem is new and my phone was fine for over 2 months so i didnt get sold a defect. Will sprint swap out the phone or am i going to have to go through palm?
    Is there a lag when you press the red "endcall" button, when waking the phone from a poweroff state?
    Try cleaning the phone with memmaid and/or a program called PMclean and see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow13 View Post

My second question is: i bought my treo 800 on ebay...now this problem is new and my phone was fine for over 2 months so i didnt get sold a defect. Will sprint swap out the phone or am i going to have to go through palm?
    Depends on who you got it from on Ebay. If you brought it new from an online store that resells Palm products, you should be under warranty. If not, hope you've got Sprint's TEP plan buddy!

If under warranty, Palm says you should go to Sprint for service. If Sprint gives you hassles you could go directly to Palm. But if under warranty, per Palm you should get warranty service from Sprint.
    Before you replace walk through the troubleshooting guide:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174260

Yeah, you'll need to hard reset, but it's really not that painful and will tell you exactly if it's the phone or the setup/software that's the problem.

Since you are having radio issues you may want to try an RTN reset (or "factory reset"). You can go down to the Sprint store or call them (from another phone) and have them walk you through it. Pretty painless, and reprovisions your phone (which it may not have been provisioned correctly to begin with).
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    is RTN the same as a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow13 View Post
    is RTN the same as a hard reset?
    No, an RTN reset is more thorough, it even removes your phone account data. Typically a hard reset is sufficient though.

When I had an 800w, I always did the RTN reset though if I wanted to wipe things clean and start over.
    I also did an RTN wipe the other day, just to start new...got bored I guess
    I haven't had to do one yet, hence why I don't know if it resets the QPST mods.