Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This would be amazing if true. Voice and data anywhere on the Sprint network. GPS (even using Google maps or Live Search) and talking on the phone; looking up movie times while on a call; getting that important email while on the call.

"The biggest potential news is coming from high-level employees and in-store Ambassadors with the device, who are claiming that the Treo Pro will be the first CDMA 1xEVDO Rev. A device on the carrier and in the US that will support simultaneous voice and data access, with the Pre following as the second such capable device later this year." - from www.phonescoop.com
    If true, it might have a huge influence on sales.
    Just call me Berd.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Have you tested this yet Mal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Have you tested this yet Mal?
    yeah, it's a no-go

As for others, look, there is a GOOD chance that the Palm Pre may be doing this and that people are confusing Pre/Pro.

So lets just be careful here and not "claim" anything

Perhaps the Sprint Treo Pro software update may include a firmware update to enable this?

Keep in mind, you guys got the ones nobody is supposed to have yet .
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah, it's a no-go

As for others, look, there is a GOOD chance that the Palm Pre may be doing this and that people are confusing Pre/Pro.

So lets just be careful here and not "claim" anything
    Perhaps we can get the thread title changed then, since it reads as that it's an actual feature?

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Perhaps the Sprint Treo Pro software update may include a firmware update to enable this?

Keep in mind, you guys got the ones nobody is supposed to have yet .
    Possible? Sure.

Premature to decide that it does have it? Absolutely.
    So far reports are saying it's on the Sprint Treo Pro, let's wait and see what the final released device has. Also, when using voice when a data connection was on in the pre-release Sprint Treo Pro, it does go to 1X mode. So it's very possible it may do it in the final released version of the device. No need to change the thread's title. If that were done for this thread, there's a whole host of threads that speak about potential new features in devices to be released that all need to be changed. Not to mention all the threads that speak of potential release dates for various devices.

Reports are saying it is a real feature, so things should remain as is.
    Mal you say your tip came from Joe G
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-treo...-do-voice-data
    I tried finding it, where did he get his info?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/28/2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added link to mals article
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Mal you say your tip came from Joe G
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-treo...-do-voice-data
    I tried finding it, where did he get his info?
    Interestingly enough in the comments a "joe" shows up and states:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Sprint CEO stated at the CES that the Pre would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    And all this hype would not surprise me if the source at Palm had his info crossed up with the Pre (or altogether wrong). This whole Treo Pro Release debacle is perhaps showing some insight into the fact that Palm really doesn’t have their act together. Maybe their marketing firm should have one the CES award!

Sounds like the same tipster to me.

Also sounds like someone confused the Pro and Pre.
    Yea, the release dates are another one where the pre and pro gets confused.

I just have such high hopes for Treo Pro and Pre.
    I want Palm to get it right this time.
    Just call me Berd.
    hmmm...the Joe that contacted us also provided some other info that I didn't post about the device that sounded, well much more official.

I've been doing voice/data long time ago on At&t's 3G network and my Treo Pro does both, so did my Treo 750. Its seems that CDMA networks are now getting a taste of "true 3G"

Imagine I can talk on my GSM/3G Treo Pro and tether via BT to my laptop all at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Imagine I can talk on my GSM/3G Treo Pro and tether via BT to my laptop all at the same time!
    Just rub it in, why don't ya .
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I've been doing voice/data long time ago on At&t's 3G network and my Treo Pro does both, so did my Treo 750. Its seems that CDMA networks are now getting a taste of "true 3G"

Want a taste of my Sprint bill? And I'm on one of the new plans!

(I sometimes envy those folks on SERO.....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Want a taste of my Sprint bill? And I'm on one of the new plans!

(I sometimes envy those folks on SERO.....)
    After taxes and discounts, my SERO plan comes to $27

My plan's not to bad then in comparison, given I have three lines.

Still not as good as your SERO though.
    Report:

Update: Sources within Sprint have confirmed to PhoneNews.com that the Treo Pro will not support simultaneous voice/data calls over Rev.A, meaning that the device will simply allow data use over Wi-Fi if available when on a voice call.
    I was all set to do some gloating here myself since I'm on ATT and have been able to do this for a while until I saw the rates of some of these plans I will now keep my mouth shut!!!!
    I'll trade!! I dont use it that often!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Does this mean we can nix the title of the thread then, which is very misleading?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast