Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Has anyone considered that more volume might be desired by some based on environment rather than them having some ear problem?

These are mobile devices, so some of us at times use them in environments with varied noise levels.

As for my own hearing, I leave that assessment up to doctors who have never found an issue with mine.
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Has anyone considered that more volume might be desired by some based on environment rather than them having some ear problem?

These are mobile devices, so some of us at times use them in environments with varied noise levels.

As for my own hearing, I leave that assessment up to doctors who have never found an issue with mine.
    I thought we all considered that and therefore didn't make blanket statements about the phones volume based on the fact that some (i.e. few) people are sticking hot pins into the phone to melt the case.

Honestly, on max volume I think the damn thing is loud and clear. But that's just me and other people may be sticking hot pins in there phones so they can hear things in the middle of a factory. What the hell do I know?
    Cel, we're just talking about mobile devices here. Nothing to get all foul mouthed about.
    ...well warranty voided.

btw... would have been a much cleaner job for me w/ a new first step:

Step 1: Remove 6 screws on back of phone.

Yeah..seems obvious, but I'm so used to following your instructions EXACTLY. Ohh and take it easy w/ the hot pin, it can get out of control rather quickly and the hole kept getting bigger to clean it up.

End result: not even sure I notice much of a difference.
    Man, if only I had hate for my warranty, but I don't unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just thought I might throw another variation of this mod in here. I was not to thrilled about opening up the case or use a hot needle and only happened across this idea by accident.... literaly. I had a friend who needed a fingernail drilled to relieve pressure after slamming it in a car door. I had a small model/hobby drill that had very small drill bits that was perfect for this. After performing the "surgery", I thought that this might be a way to open up the speaker hole. The drill worked real well as you are able to control the pressure and you can feel when the bit begins to break through the other side. I am very happy with the look and it has improved the sound a bit. Below are a few pictures of the results.
    IMG_0001_1.JPG

IMG_0002_1.JPG
    You would have been better off just using a red hot nail
    On my phone at least I'm very happy with the volume.

When NOT using speakerphone the tone is kind off, sound muffled but perfectly clear and loud.

My main problem is on the speakerphone when I start to turn up the volume it starts cracking. The louder the speaker the worse it gets.
    I have to keep it pretty low before it clears up.

Has anyone else had this problem? Will this fix help with that problem?

Thanks,

Kenny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123