1.    #1  
    Dear friends,

Im not so worried about backing up my Treo pro, as I can easily reinstall stuff, etc.

But Im wondering, this Sprite program that comes free with it, its good?

It lets me backup:

- my documents
    - emails (will this backup all emails or just email settings? will it backup my flexmail settings?)
    - personal database
    - system data
    - storage

The most important ones I believe are personal DB and system data. With this can I, after a hard reset, restore all my settings, etc?

I dont see an option to backup my programs folder in the ram memory...

The storage cad I guess its easier to copy its program files directly putting sdcard on my notebook.

Thanks!
    Sprite Bckp is a powerful program and to understand it, you can do your first backp up and save it. I have spent countless hours on my TP putting settings such as: background settings, power options, keyboard timeouts, menu rows, today screen settings, font sizes, MS Exchange settings, pocket ie settings and so on.

Can you imagine having to put all these settings again if your device fails and you have to do a hard reset. That's what Sprite is there for!
    The default Sprite backup did not work for me. It backed up, but bunches of the backups were not good. I then went with SPB Backup for the 800W and that worked justs fine. Never a bad backup.

I then moved on to the Touch Pro and SPB Backup did not work. I had long backup times (30 minutes) and every time it finished, the "bad" file message was displayed. I looked a bit further and went with the paid Sprite program at http://www.spritesoftware.com/ and gosh, no problems at all. It indexes, resets, backs up, resets again and it works.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for tips.

regards
    Sprite works well for me. The paid version has the advantage of backing up the Treo Pro to your PC.

I have had to use the card backup twice, and I did a practice backup from the PC. Both systems exhibited success.

Gary
    You can always save a copy to the PC by tranferring the file ''physically'' w/o having to pay the extras on Sprite Bckp.
    I set up my Sprite backup to backup once a week, and so far it has successfully backed up my phone "twice". For some reason, it hangs and cannot complete the backup. Anyone?
    Are you trying to backup to card?
    I have trouble when I backup to card, I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I never did. There's a thread.

What I do as a workaround is backup to internal and then move the backup to card. You have to have enough free internal memory though.

Yesterday I posted in another thread about this SdFormatter app.
    I plan on giving that a try. I will post back with the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    You can always save a copy to the PC by tranferring the file ''physically'' w/o having to pay the extras on Sprite Bckp.
    Now you tell me

How do you accomplish this? Copy and paste the card backup to PC, and then do the reverse when a backup is needed?

Methinks a "physical" backup would be much faster.

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Are you trying to backup to card?
    I have trouble when I backup to card, I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I never did. There's a thread.

What I do as a workaround is backup to internal and then move the backup to card. You have to have enough free internal memory though.

Yesterday I posted in another thread about this SdFormatter app.
    I plan on giving that a try. I will post back with the results.
    Yes. I was trying to backup to the card. I've had the phone for about 3 months now and I've had successful automated backup like 3 times... Thanks for the workaround solution.