Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    The hardware "ok" button is handy.
    Only in the homescreen, it doesn't do anything.

    I would like it to program it to basically hit to top-right corner in order to bring up the task manager.
    A little annoying to have to use the touchscreen to do that.

    Is there some trick or tool to achieve this?
    Treo Pro Playtime
  2. #2  
    I had the same question here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175476

    I didn't get the exact solution I was looking for, but something workable for me at least.
  3.    #3  
    aha ok
    Missed that discussion.

    However, it's not like we want it.
    Gotta look for a macro program, and like 'ok' to a tick on the top-right corner.
    Treo Pro Playtime
  4. #4  
    Tre - not exactly what I was looking for either.
    I'd love to know how to assign a button to bring up the "quick menu" in the top right hand corner.
  5. #5  
    Will AeButtons do what you're wanting?

    <edit>
    Now that I re-read your post...
    Yes, AeButtons will work.
    It allows you to assign more than one action per button.
    I'm at my treo,
    but I will post the thread where I mention this when I get to a PC.

    I have my 'ok';
    1-click is default
    2-click is right softkey
    3-click is profiles.
    Hold 'ok' button down brings up TaskMan.
    I have my other buttons programed for more than one action also.
    You can progam 4 actions per button.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/28/2009 at 10:51 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, holding the 'ok' will bring up the taskmanager. edit: without AeButtons that is.

    I have to be more specific.
    What I really want is the task manager quick menu!
    (Not the taskmanager itself - that does not let you switch to another active program, it only lets me close them!)
  7. #7  
    I use the default WM taskmanager mapped to press & hold of OK button.
    I left HTC Taskmanager close items when x/ok is pressed & held, but removed it from today.
    Bny Castro

    MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    I have to be more specific.
    What I really want is the task manager quick menu!
    (Not the taskmanager itself - that does not let you switch to another active program, it only lets me close them!)
    I would also like to know a hack for this. The quick menu is so handy but only from today screen. I would like to assign it to a button to bring it up no matter what program I'm in.

    In the interim, the program called "QuickMenu" which is at version 2.8 has the option to do this from within any program. It isn't quite as finger friendly as the built in quick menu but it can be launched from a hard button.
  9. #9  
    Maybe I'm way off,
    but...

    Aebuttons allows you to program a button to bring up pretty much whatever you want.

    Aebuttons has a Taskman also.

    I really think it will do want you're asking.

    So as not to irritate; I won't suggest it again.
    Here in this thread that is.
    Just call me Berd.
  10. #10  
    Fintan,
    Its amazing how many people have no idea what youre talking about when its so simple.

    When he hits the OK button.. he wants this AND ONLY THIS to happen (see picture):


    I would also LOVE this!

    Attached Images Attached Images
    -tgwaste
  11. #11  
    Nobody at xda knows either so it must be tougher than we think. How to assign a hardkey to HTC Quick Menu (Task Manager)? - xda-developers
    The more I think about it, I would REALLY like this option due to the finger friendly nature of the HTC quick menu as opposed to many others. Hopefully someone can figure it out.
  12. #12  
    Ah! Now I see.
    Thanks for the pic tgwaste.
    I'm sorry I wasn't getting it.

    Hmm, if xda is struggling, it must be a difficult trick.
  13. #13  
    this was what i meant. i think the default wm taskmanager is more button friendly.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...57#post1538746
    Bny Castro

    MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
  14.    #14  
    Yes, I got it working using HButton, as listed in the xda thread

    HButton - PocketPC Button Enhancer

    Simply assign <ok/close> to the ok button and it does bring up the task manager quick menu.

    Kinda weird - almost thinking the ok button is dead in the today screen!


    All thanks for your contributions!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    this was what i meant. i think the default wm taskmanager is more button friendly.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...57#post1538746
    this just points to another post i made on another non related topic
    -tgwaste
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Yes, I got it working using HButton, as listed in the xda thread

    HButton - PocketPC Button Enhancer

    Simply assign <ok/close> to the ok button and it does bring up the task manager quick menu.

    Kinda weird - almost thinking the ok button is dead in the today screen!


    All thanks for your contributions!
    how do you know which is the OK button?


    Its to bad someone cant just write a little app that does this one thing.
    -tgwaste
  17.    #17  
    Hbutton can be that app, maybe I will find more uses for it

    Anyway, this is what the hbutton setup looks like. In main screen I have set delay to 100ms and selected Hbutton1. Figure out how to get the next screen to look like this and you're all set



    First time i post a picture here, hope it works for you guys too
    Last edited by Fintan; 02/12/2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Treo Pro Playtime
  18. #18  
    I was wondering now that we have even more brilliant minds involved in the Treo Pro, if someone could figure this out.

    We want this to come up from the Today Screen without having to use the Stylus:


    Just call me Berd.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Hbutton can be that app, maybe I will find more uses for it

    Anyway, this is what the hbutton setup looks like. In main screen I have set delay to 100ms and selected Hbutton1. Figure out how to get the next screen to look like this and you're all set



    First time i post a picture here, hope it works for you guys too
    Here is the solution. I've been using it for a couple weeks. Works fantastic.
  20. #20  
    where can i download the hbutton program?

    I can't get it to download from the site that is linked for some reason.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions