Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    uh i have the phone im telling u this is whats happening lol and as for that rumor thats total horse crap and i can bet anything that's NOT happening cause that would be the biggest NEWS EVER bigger than PRE lol....that's NOT possible on the network till 4g and even that's rumored

There are rumors and than there is stupidity lol
    No it can, but it forces "voice" through "data", so it's a VOIP type solution.

But EvDO can do it...technically speaking. It's just up till now there has been no evidence that Sprint's network was setup to do so or they were planning on doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    As for the update, it's now rumored that the radio patch is to give the Treo Pro the ability to do simulatenous voice and data over the Sprint network. The first for any CDMA phone here. Wow.
    With all do respect, you are creating that rumor ;-)

There are two separate ones:
    1. The Treo Pro is delayed because of software problem which prevented it from being certified; it's getting fixed
    2. The Treo Pro can do voice through data on EvDo (it can't right now)

You are linking the two when there is no evidence. It could be true, but you are creating the connection and starting the rumor right here, right now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    A device that wasn't supposed to be released has how many people saying it may have an issue?
    I've already said we need to wait until the actual release before making final judgement, what more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Not likely. LOL

As for the update, it's now rumored that the radio patch is to give the Treo Pro the ability to do simulatenous voice and data over the Sprint network. The first for any CDMA phone here. Wow.
    Sooooooo, now you're saying that people who actually have the phone are fibbing about what's happening with it?

Wow.
  4.    #64  
    So, some guy (joe) said that at CES Hesse said it?...he was referring to talking on the phone and using wifi....Both Pre and Pro WILL NOT do voice and data together without wifi. It takes two radios to do that....the phones don't have that hardware.

<<<edited>>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/29/2009 at 01:13 AM.
    hotis300boy, to reiterate: It's not voice and data at the same time, per se, it's voice through data that is VOIP switching.

Read Qualcomm's explanation here and an experiment here and a better explanation here. Reading is a good thing.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/29/2009 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    haha interesting, any way to turn on the spell check?
    Is it spell check on the 800w or predictive text? I hate the predictive text on messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've already said we need to wait until the actual release before making final judgement, what more do you want?

Sooooooo, now you're saying that people who actually have the phone are fibbing about what's happening with it?

Wow.
    Try reading here and then you'll understand: www.phonescoop.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Is it spell check on the 800w or predictive text? I hate the predictive text on messaging.
    Both.

There is a spell check option under the menu key in Email. Predictive text is also a pseudo-spell check. The latter is turned off by default on the Treo Pro--I forgot what the default on the 800w is, but you can choose how many words it suggests (0-4; with a hack program you can make it up to 6 I believe).

found ONE major issue tonight, when its on vibrate and you get a text it just vibrates continuously forever
    This happens to me occasionally too with the GSM Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Both.

There is a spell check option under the menu key in Email. Predictive text is also a pseudo-spell check. The latter is turned off by default on the Treo Pro--I forgot what the default on the 800w is, but you can choose how many words it suggests (0-4; with a hack program you can make it up to 6 I believe).
    wait, nw what is spel check againe? Is it on my pc as wele? I don't care, but I have a freind who need it.
    found ONE major issue tonight, when its on vibrate and you get a text it just vibrates continuously forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    This happens to me occasionally too with the GSM Treo Pro.
    There was a few who posted that they had that also.
    I don't remember if scotty ever included it in his 'Official Bug List'
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There was a few who posted that they had that also.
    I don't remember if scotty ever included it in his 'Official Bug List'
    SOMEONE *cough* should create a new updated buglist....
    Speaking of vibrating...

damn, when an Exchange email comes in, it vibrates for like 3-4 seconds. It's almost too strong/long! Gonna have to try TreoAlerts to tame that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Speaking of vibrating...

damn, when an Exchange email comes in, it vibrates for like 3-4 seconds. It's almost too strong/long! Gonna have to try TreoAlerts to tame that beast.
    Hmmmmmm I'll have to inform my wife of that feature of her new phone.....................perhaps she already knows. "Don't call Baby text me instead"
    /\ I'm not going there, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    SOMEONE *cough* should create a new updated buglist....
    It won't be me.
    Scotty started it, he's in charge of that stickie

He's actually been really good about not calling something a bug when very few mention it.

I only know of Dieter and one other who mentioned it happening every so often.
    (with the GTP that is, not STP, or the never to be released ATP )
    Just call me Berd.
    you can change alot of the valuse of the ring and vibe via registry. i use to know it pretty well, but that was before my blackberry adventures. this maybe just for the ring and vibe, but could also be for notifications. without a registry i cant tell ya.

this link had some good info to get you guys started... http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-226557.html

hope this helps
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    yeah, thanks cody, I vaguely remember those...

19.    #79  
    some of the things are kinda annoying...u dont know how many text you have in your box or sent messages....like on 800w, again this is due to the htc way of doing things its kinda backwards but oh well...sprint customers can GEt my picture mail but no other provider lol and i can receive from anyone so that's weird
  20.    #80  
    um oh WOW just noticed a BIG one...didn't notice cause i also use a curve but how does this phone NOT have an instant messaging program for AIM yahoo n all? I love LOTS of things but some of the things missing dont even make ANY common sense why every HTC phone AND palm phone have it but this doesn't? did they forget??????
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast