Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    the font on the whole device is odd...or at least different from the 800w; same with some of the icons which are blocky

my biggest issue so far is mostly with just "the feel" of the device, which is subjective and not really a universally agreed upon issue--some obviously like it.

I will say it is zippy with that processor. At 200mhz faster though, I would hope so!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Also however i kinda hate how the font is huge in sms lol it just looks weird being a forever treo user but oh well that's my two cents ill give more as the day goes on particularly interested to see how this battery plays out but so far i love it
    I think some of die hard front facing qwerty guys and gals are going to have to jump to a bigger screen eventually.

It was my problem with ebags excellent vga work which is great for all users except those like myself stuck between needed glasses and having them
  3.    #43  
    forgot to mention I love the 3.5 jack and also this is going to sound stupid but wow I love the box and how compact and nice everything was in there...I hate to say this but in a way I am glad the iphone came out cause it created competition and forced others to think creatively.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/exclusive-s...treo-pro-hands

Buncha pics and brief over-view is now up ;-)

5.    #45  
    does this pro not give you the state you are calling like the 800w did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    http://www.wmexperts.com/exclusive-s...treo-pro-hands

Buncha pics and brief over-view is now up ;-)
    Are you returning the Treo Pro in a few days (or release date)? I am guess you paid full boat for it. Is it $599 or $699 (Worst Buy's website had it listed for $699 on Sunday morning)? How is the battery life (don't compare it to the 800, we know it's better)?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  7.    #47  
    ran into something a few times today that i dont like already....im pressing the messaging hard key, the touchscreen, and even going through program to open it and it wont do anything at all ....

Also it doesn't have the spell check feature as your typing in sms
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Are you returning the Treo Pro in a few days (or release date)? I am guess you paid full boat for it. Is it $599 or $699 (Worst Buy's website had it listed for $699 on Sunday morning)? How is the battery life (don't compare it to the 800, we know it's better)?
    $760 with tax

Yeah, definitely returning. It was more a test if (1) can I actually buy this? (2) wanted to play with it, lol. I may buy it off of eBay later for that $475 price or whatever.

Battery life seems fine so far. I have no numbers because I've been doing other tests today, but will "stress test" it this weekend for the big review. Off the cuff? It seems pretty good.

MMS is very awesome though. Way to go ArcSoft. Pics are downloaded full resolution and are viewed in-line with the message. It's like real MMS for once...never thought I'd see the day!
    does this pro not give you the state you are calling like the 800w did?
    Dunno, will have to try later though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've seen two other posts now besides Mal's on it.

But I do agree we need to wait until it's officially released before passing any judgment.
    My reception is INCREDIBLE. I have an unlocked Pro though throughg ATT. Could that be the difference?
    the font on the whole device is odd...or at least different from the 800w; same with some of the icons which are blocky

my biggest issue so far is mostly with just "the feel" of the device, which is subjective and not really a universally agreed upon issue--some obviously like it.

I will say it is zippy with that processor. At 200mhz faster though, I would hope so!
    All the fonts can be changed somewhere..... size etc..... somewhere. At least on the unlocked one.
    ran into something a few times today that i dont like already....im pressing the messaging hard key, the touchscreen, and even going through program to open it and it wont do anything at all ....

Also it doesn't have the spell check feature as your typing in sms
    Did you try turning it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Did you try turning it on?
    I believe there is a "turn on" for that function as well. Some of the option/preference stuff on this phone is not where you would expect to find it. You really need to do a lot of exploring. I am still finding stuff on my GSM/Unlocked TP after almost 4 months. I fall in love with this device even more with each cool find.
  13.    #53  
    haha interesting, any way to turn on the spell check? can I add smileys? how about the state to show up when calling unknown numbers?
    Spell check is an option under the Menu key in SMS/MMS and Email. It does not spell check by default or "live"--you have to do it after as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    My reception is INCREDIBLE. I have an unlocked Pro though throughg ATT. Could that be the difference?
    Yup. The CDMA version seems to have some reception issues.

Hopefully that will be fixed in the patch that's supposedly being rolled out.

I think the voice reception is fine. I think we have a couple of reports isolated to data, which if true would likely be something they would fix.
  17.    #57  
    found ONE major issue tonight, when its on vibrate and you get a text it just vibrates continuously forever
  18.    #58  
    Spell check is an option under the Menu key in SMS/MMS and Email. It does not spell check by default or "live"--you have to do it after as a whole.
    gay....i love most of the htc stuff on here except that palm did do certain things well such as the sms app and the spell check live and the smileys, but i like how with htc u can message madd people at once

A device that wasn't supposed to be released has how many people saying it may have an issue?
    Just call me Berd.
    found ONE major issue tonight, when its on vibrate and you get a text it just vibrates continuously forever
    Not likely. LOL

As for the update, it's now rumored that the radio patch is to give the Treo Pro the ability to do simulatenous voice and data over the Sprint network. The first for any CDMA phone here. Wow.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast